Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:03:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2018

Started by dr beat, January 19, 2018, 12:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr beat

Almost at the end of the Masters and whats this still not a new Snooker thread?...

Selby going out to Williams in the 1st round was funny.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I see there was time for a Pity Me O'Sullivan meltdown. No-one loses a tournament in such a massively deflecting precious way as he does.

monolith

Quote from: dr beat on January 19, 2018, 12:24:34 PM
Almost at the end of the Masters and whats this still not a new Snooker thread?...

Selby going out to Williams in the 1st round was funny.
Fucking hilarious, he even took him aside at the end and apparently said something along the lines of "I only lost because of that kick".

Didn't he beat Williams last year due to Williams getting a kick?

And I know I've been sounding like a broken record for years on this topic but he needs to change his nickname.

He isn't a jester, he's a morose cunt.

Doesn't roll off the tongue quite as easily, admittedly.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I hope uncouth rotund slob Allen is trounced by this pallid half-cut looking youngster.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I didn't realise Lord Baelish had children

ollyboro

Quote from: monolith on January 20, 2018, 03:01:22 PM

And I know I've been sounding like a broken record for years on this topic but he needs to change his nickname.

He has the demeanor of a bored undertaker. Until he gets caught doing something sexually iffy "The Sex Pest From Leicester" will have to stay on ice. How about simply Mark Depressed From Leicester Selby?

BlodwynPig

Blue Jam

Mark Allen and Kylo Ren now both showing more emotion than Selbot has shown in his entire life.

Mark Allen's baby is very cute.

zonko

Quote from: monolith on January 20, 2018, 03:01:22 PM
Fucking hilarious, he even took him aside at the end and apparently said something along the lines of "I only lost because of that kick".

Didn't he beat Williams last year due to Williams getting a kick?

Yes and after he won due to Williams getting a kick in the post match interview when it was pointed out that Williams had been a bit unfortunate Selby responded with 'No that was his own fault, he tried to punch the ball in. I'd have just rolled it in the take the kick out of the equation' I also remember him bleating after losing to Ronnie a few years ago that it's ok for people like Ronnie because they're naturally talented whereas he has to spend hours practising everyday as if that somehow makes him more entitled to winand no bugger else has to put any work in. Ungracious cunt.

ollyboro

Has Selby had a hair transplant?

biggytitbo

Flouncer

Selby's on his arse! 9-4 down to Joe Perry at the interval of the final session.

biggytitbo

Good news for O'Sullivan if he can come back in his match, Selby is the Nadal to O'Sullivans Federer.

monolith

The hysterically jocular jester out on the first night. Funniest thing he's ever done.

Ronnie out tomorrow as well by the looks of it.

monolith

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 21, 2018, 08:56:06 PM
Good news for O'Sullivan if he can come back in his match, Selby is the Nadal to O'Sullivans Federer.
O'Sullivan has a comfortable winning head to head record against Selby so not sure that analogy holds up.

Flouncer

Fucking hates playing him, though. I think this could spur Ronnie on.

monolith

Quote from: Flouncer on April 21, 2018, 09:08:26 PM
Fucking hates playing him, though. I think this could spur Ronnie on.
Maguire isn't someone who is likely to let a 6-3 lead slip, even against Ronnie. If it was against a lower ranked qualifier I'd fancy him to come back but not against Maguire.

sevendaughters

Dott grinding his way into a lead, absolutely love that dour bastard.

biggytitbo

Quote from: monolith on April 21, 2018, 08:58:59 PM
O'Sullivan has a comfortable winning head to head record against Selby so not sure that analogy holds up.

Much older playter. He's been a bit of a bogey man recently though hasn't he? Especially when O'Sullivan isn't 'in the mood'.

monolith

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 21, 2018, 09:30:17 PM

Much older playter. He's been a bit of a bogey man recently though hasn't he? Especially when O'Sullivan isn't 'in the mood'.
They've been about even for the last few years but wouldn't call him a bogey man. Was only a few years ago that Ronnie smashed him in the final of the Masters.

He does consistently give him a good match and beats him more than other players though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It has been great having these disgusting pale freaks back on our screens.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 21, 2018, 09:39:06 PM
It has been great having these disgusting pale freaks back on our screens.

just wait until you turn on the TV!

Flouncer

Quote from: monolith on April 21, 2018, 09:23:22 PM
Maguire isn't someone who is likely to let a 6-3 lead slip, even against Ronnie. If it was against a lower ranked qualifier I'd fancy him to come back but not against Maguire.

That is a very good point - Maguire is one of the worst qualifiers to be drawn against, and a good front runner. Ronnie will have to come out playing well to have any chance.

Quote from: sevendaughters on April 21, 2018, 09:29:10 PM
Dott grinding his way into a lead, absolutely love that dour bastard.

I'm glad somebody else appreciates Dotty. I enjoyed that match.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteAsked if he is going to watch the rest of the tournament at home, Selby joked: "No. I am going to sell all my TVs and buy some new ones in three weeks' time

The Jester is back!!

biggytitbo

Has Martin 'please do not investigate my wall cavities despite that strange smell' Gould qualified this year?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 21, 2018, 10:39:30 PM
Has Martin 'please do not investigate my wall cavities despite that strange smell' Gould qualified this year?

Nope. Last 80, lost 10-4 to Zhang Anda, who having lost in the next round to Carrington, has not been seen again.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

No Martin "i didn't think murdering and fucking prostitutes was illegal" Gould is not there, as he has admin to attend to. Would, but just not poss with the admin.

Flouncer

Ronnie has won the first three to level the match. This could get interesting!

Norton Canes