Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:42:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2018

Started by dr beat, January 19, 2018, 12:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Quote from: imitationleather on April 24, 2018, 10:52:34 AM
I hope Ding can continue this ruthless form and not fuck it up like he usually does. Once he finally wins the World Championship snooker as a sport is completed and a special tune plays while the credits roll

Correct, snooker will have been solved and can therefore be decommissioned.

Oh my word Ding has just got his long one out.

New page Ding love.

Norton Canes

Ding on the cusp of completion. We're into the vinegar strokes now.

Norton Canes

He's even cleaned up. Which was considerate of him.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Should have seen the self-pitying shit from Maguire after he lost, almost O'Sullivan level narcissism. If you hate being inferior fuck off out of snooker and become the world number 1 bin man or something you miserable fucking cunt. Sludge. Get a grip.

Norton Canes

Mark Williams' sponsorship patch says Ron Skinner & Sons.co.uk

Good luck putting that in your URL bar.

Flouncer

Another seed gone - scrotum faced hopeful Stuart Bingham is knocked out at the hands of Jack Lisowski.

ollyboro

This Lisowski cunt is apparently from Ukrainian stock. So there's a reasonable chance one of his ancestors was a Nazi war criminal. Exciting stuff. The Snooker and Billiards world haven't had a Nazi since Walter Lindrum beat Adolf Eichmann with a disputed canon back in '32.

Rolf Lundgren

They've banned football shirts in The Crucible now so that bloke who always wears a Coventry City shirt isn't allowed to wear one anymore. I'm betting he'll wear a Coventry City polo shirt or another garment that can be found in the club shop.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on April 25, 2018, 12:13:27 AM
They've banned football shirts in The Crucible now so that bloke who always wears a Coventry City shirt isn't allowed to wear one anymore. I'm betting he'll wear a Coventry City polo shirt or another garment that can be found in the club shop.

That's our very own monkfromhavana

biggytitbo

Quote from: ollyboro on April 24, 2018, 11:49:56 PM
This Lisowski cunt is apparently from Ukrainian stock. So there's a reasonable chance one of his ancestors was a Nazi war criminal. Exciting stuff. The Snooker and Billiards world haven't had a Nazi since Walter Lindrum beat Adolf Eichmann with a disputed canon back in '32.

Tony Meo was a prominent member of ODESSA though, and would often take mysterious trips to Argentina between tournaments.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Tony Drago has a cutlery set with embossed swastikas on them.

"It's a Hindu symbol"

Yeah Tony.. right.

biggytitbo

Yes Tony Drago was also a prominent member of the Fourth Reich in the 1980s, although less discreet about it than Meo. It's no coincidence that whilst the likes of Steve Davis and Mike Hallet usually skipped the events, Meo and Drago (along with Obersturmbannführer Doug Mountjoy) were ever present at every Brazilian and Chilean Open until 1989, when both events were finally exposed by the Simon Wiesenthal centre a SS fundraisers.

monolith

Has anyone seen the feature on the BBC website titled "Why has the Crucible banned football shirts?".

You'd think with a title like that there might be some sort of explanation but instead we just get a hilarious sketch of John Parrott trying to get in to the crucible with an Everton shirt. Comedy gold right there.

Flouncer

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on April 25, 2018, 12:13:27 AM

I actually saw him earlier in the week wearing a light blue and white stripy shirt. He's been going for years, that bloke.

biggytitbo

QuoteJohn Parrott said: "I'd never go out and about in a football shirt anyway, so it's not really an issue for me. There can be ulterior motives with people wearing advertising. I don't have a problem if he (Barry Hearn) bans them to be honest."

You're not in the crowd are you John, you're in the TV studio being paid money to talk bollocks.

biggytitbo

Quote from: EOLAN on April 25, 2018, 12:02:14 PM
Unsurprisingly the Evil small faced man gave the most c**tish response.

Closely followed by snookers second biggest cunt Allen.

jobotic

QuoteKen Doherty said: "I don't like them in the audience. You might have a sponsor on the shirt, which is different to the sponsor of the main event, and you don't want that.

You certainly don't. The idea of it terrifies me. Just imagine it.

buttgammon

"It's about perception, and if you're perceived as cheap, you'll only ever be cheap." Some pot-and-kettle nonsense from Shaun the Shitbag, there. Snooker does have an image problem - it's the fact that we don't yet have the technology to replace his face with Biggy's drawing.

monkfromhavana

Just put a bit of tape over the sponsor's logo.

Flouncer

I wonder if you'd be allowed in wearing a shirt that says "SHAUN MURPHY IS A WASTEMAN" on it?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

No-one did anything at all about Luca Brecel's Khmer Rouge cockring

ollyboro

"I think it's got to do with we as a sport are trying to get out of our tobacco labelled roots". Tobacco labelled roots? Not sure what Murphy's going on about. Are Coventry sponsored by Capstan Full Strength or something? In fact, if you compare football's reputation for health and vitality with Shaun Murphy....So if this God bothering pie mainliner wants Snooker to ban stuff related to an unhealthy image, might I suggest he starts by killing himself.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fucking hate that turd still thinking he is an Ambassador and speaks for the sport. You're a disliked second tier player. Please grave.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Robertson GONE

Fuck's up with that guy, what a waster.

Instead we have to look at this for another round:

Like a fucking plumber tinkering under a sink.

biggytitbo

Looks like a chicken nugget hanging out of someone's flies.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It would be good if his scrotum was mutilated by a stanley knife, meaning for medical reasons he was unable to take any further part in the contest.

Cuellar

Christ, McGill v Day is the match of the century innit.

Blue Jam

I too have had a flutter on Our Ding-A-Ling. I figured that odds of 7/1 is pretty good for the world #3 when the world  #1 is out, and that 2018 may just be Ding's year. Also my stake was only a fiver so I won't be gutted if he doesn't win, but if he does I can take Mr Jam for a luxury Pukka Pie supper.