Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:45:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A guy has a virtual reality seizure

Started by Barry Admin, January 19, 2018, 03:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryton

Am I bad for watching this a second time?

It's beyond anything I'm used to. Seeing the highly concerned Morty, the people berating the guy in the nappy, the little tiny Michael Jackson(?) thing running around. The skeleton. The strange red thing. The weird anime guy. The highly triggering psychedelic woman lurking within seizure distance of his prone form.

Even so, it's the fact that has in game body has glitched into the floor and nobody can physically do anything besides tell others to stay out of strobe distance.

The humanity of it all takes it beyond something cheap.

VelourSpirit

I never saw the real potential of VR until this month. Did anyone see this coming a few years ago?
For anyone interested in the little off-model Knuckles, here's the current state of things https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/8/16863932/ugandan-knuckles-meme-vrchat
I'm thinking the next step for these teenage boys is pretending to have seizures.

popcorn

I work at a graphics software company and whenever my boss is wearing a VR device at his desk, testing some bit of code, I have to repress a fierce urge to strike him hard in the back of his head.

Mister Six

Why do some of the characters seem to fumble with their heads then deflate and collapse? At first I thought it was the players taking off their helmets, but then some of them seem to do it over and over...

Quote from: Mister Six on January 21, 2018, 03:28:07 PM
Why do some of the characters seem to fumble with their heads then deflate and collapse? At first I thought it was the players taking off their helmets, but then some of them seem to do it over and over...

There was no one to show dem de way.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 20, 2018, 08:28:16 AM
This just made the new series of Black Mirror redundant.

Charlie Brooker is taking notes.

Quote from: Kryton on January 20, 2018, 05:02:20 PM
...A little red thing with a child's voice asking if he's ok?

That's a poor rendition of Knuckles, as in Sonic & Knuckles.  I wish that I didn't know that.

Quote from: Kryton on January 21, 2018, 05:29:33 AM
Am I bad for watching this a second time?

Yes.

Dex Sawash

DukeDeMondo

I can't get my thoughts on this to pull together into any sort of sensible shape at all. It's extremely moving, like, very much so, but fucking hell is it weird, all the same. Weird as a titted eel. But then maybe it's not all that weird at all. Shoulders said there was something profound about it, and there is, but I dunno how you might talk about it without recourse to the fucking Sacramental Order or some fucking thing or other. Fuck knows. My whole damn skull's a-jangle over the head of it.

Funny too, obviously. "Yeah, that other guy dancing around was an asshole."

Cuntbeaks

Noodle Lizard

I have to admit to bursting out laughing when it panned up from the seizure sufferer to Morty (off Rick & Morty) staring down at him aghast.  Truly surreal stuff.

newbridge

This is amazing. Equal parts horrifying and hilarious.

The fucking rainbow strobe woman (the Wendy's mascot???) nearly gave me a seizure.

Strangely enough I kind of want to try VR now.

Twed

Go jump off a fucking cliff, newbridge.

(no, seriously; that's the first thing I did in VR and it was amazing)

newbridge

Quote from: Twed on January 25, 2018, 03:41:55 AM
Go jump off a fucking cliff, newbridge.

(no, seriously; that's the first thing I did in VR and it was amazing)

Can I do it as Phil Margera?

Replies From View

Does the Wendy mascot dance automatically, or was that person being a dick?

Mister Six

Quote from: Replies From View on January 25, 2018, 07:42:22 AM
Does the Wendy mascot dance automatically, or was that person being a dick?

Looks automatic, from the way the hands and joints move, unless they're a Cirque du Soleil performer or one of those inflatable wobbly men you see outside second-hand car lots.

Dex Sawash

Twed

Is anybody else in love with dancing Wendy?

Just me?

Noodle Lizard

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite internet videos.  It can be most effectively ranked on laughs-per-second than anything else I've seen.

Replies From View

I love the moment of moralising as they reach the justification for uploading the video.  I can't remember the exact wording but something like "I think we responded remarkably well when you think about it".

And the notion that they were in any way helping the guy having the seizure as they stood around him in neon colours repeating "take a break okay, drink lotsa water" in cartoony voices.  "We responded remarkably well by swarming around him and gawping for ages; this wasn't at all just us being fascinated by the experience in a macabre or detached way".

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on January 27, 2018, 11:10:17 AM
I love the moment of moralising as they reach the justification for uploading the video.  I can't remember the exact wording but something like "I think we responded remarkably well when you think about it".

The guy tried to justify it by saying that he wanted to raise awareness for this sort of thing in future cases.  Yeah, fella, that's why you wanted to upload a video of a bloke having a seizure in a virtual reality environment.  Pull the other one, mate.  It's got fucking bells on it.