Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:52:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Monster Hunter World

Started by Mobius, January 25, 2018, 09:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shay Chaise

It's very doable solo and there will be lots and lots of game available in single player, I'm sure. People put hundreds and thousands of hours into these games. Multiplayer is basically co-op which is easier in some ways but also harder in others because there monster gets a bit tougher and you have to take responsibility for your team mates' errors and protect them, too. It's a great multiplayer game, for sure, but I'm playing predominantly solo for now and it's the best Monster Hunter game I've played. There will be loads of players, I'm sure, but obviously it's very populated at the moment, having sold five or six million in a week or something.

Barry Admin

God damn, the new area I just opened up is stunningly beautiful, totally unexpected style.

Shay Chaise

Are the initials CW? If so, I think that's so gorgeous, totally unexpected as you say.

Shay Chaise

How's everyone getting on with this, then? I essentially gave up an ARMS Party Crash and a Splatoon Splatfest to devote my Sunday to this, and I love both of those things a lot. It's just that Monster Hunter has got such a ludicrously addictive loop, there's always something more to smash up. I actually got a bit of a bollocking from the missus because I said I'd be with her in a bit and ended up missing the afternoon. In fact, I probably won't touch this during the week because it's so all-consuming. I always felt it was just too much of a timesink on the 3DS, and I guess it is, but it's bloody good fun and feels very rewarding. Hmm, I'm revealing more than I thought perhaps. Maybe it's not good for me. In any case, it keeps me out of trouble and it'll keep me occupied til Dark Souls Remastered.

Barry Admin

Yeah CW I think. I had to put this aside. The pain killers I'm on slow me right down and knock me out, and I couldn't follow what was going on and felt I'd ruin it for myself. Not been on the Xbox in a week, I've went back to telly and film for a while. Slumping down in front of the Jeremy Kyle show last Tuesday was profoundly depressing.

Shay Chaise

Ah, bloody hell. I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope the painkillers sort you out and you can get hunting again. Defo agree you don't want to drift through it, there's too much good stuff to take in. I can recommend Tampopo as a really heartwarming film which isn't too full on, about a Japanese noodle shop, funny, sincere, gently madcap. Get well soon.

Barry Admin

Thanks man, appreciate it. I can only stream stuff these days but I'll look out for it on Netflix or YouTube.

Bhazor

Pissy Release on 9th August.

60 fps 4k all dlc content and a special skin of Rathian with her tits out.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2018/07/09/monster-hunter-world-coming-to-steam-on-august-9th

Pour it all over my fucking face you bitch.

I'm pleased for you because I know you've been looking forward to it, to say the least. I'm sure it won't disappoint.

For me, once I reached High Rank, I pretty much felt I was done with it, though. Once there was almost nothing new to see besides harder versions of the same monsters, I had had my fill. A marvellous forty hours or so but I've no intention on going back. I liked the streamlining in many ways but I also didn't find it as rewarding as the 3DS version which was my only real MH game prior to this. There was almost no hunting in this, just following the scent.

In short, I hope you enjoy it but I'm looking forward to Generations Ultimate on the Switch now.

Bhazor

Don't you fucking start pissing in my cornflakes mate. I've already had 9 months of excitement deflation.

Anyone else getting it on PC can save 18% buying from Greenman Gaming (24% if you already have an account).

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/monster-hunter-world-deluxe-edition-pc/