Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:59:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Daniel Kitson 2018

Started by notjosh, January 30, 2018, 10:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notjosh

SPOTTED: At Happy Mondays in South London last night as a surprise compere. Typically high-spirited, easily-distracted fun which is always a joy to be part of.

He mentioned not having done stand up for a while, with the implication that he'll be doing more soon. Worth keeping an eye out at his usual haunts.

Incidentally I started keeping track a while ago and I've now seen him 24 times. Can anyone beat that?

Norton Canes

Yeah, I've seen my wife 80,295 times

CaledonianGonzo

I presume the expectation is that A Short Series of Disagreements Presented Here In Chronological Order will surface somewhere on this side of the Atlantic at some point.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: notjosh on January 30, 2018, 10:37:23 AM
SPOTTED: At Happy Mondays in South London last night as a surprise compere. Typically high-spirited, easily-distracted fun which is always a joy to be part of.

He mentioned not having done stand up for a while, with the implication that he'll be doing more soon. Worth keeping an eye out at his usual haunts.

Incidentally I started keeping track a while ago and I've now seen him 24 times. Can anyone beat that?

I've only seen him twice but I've had tickets on three other occasions where I couldn't make it, twice due to being hospitalised with chest infections and the third time I had food poisoning, so I feel now I'm (irrationally) a bit cursed on the Kitson front. Still, one day I'll hopefully see him again.

CaledonianGonzo

I haven't kept track, but would say I've probably seen him more than the average - but that's as much to do with the frequency with which he gigs in Edinburgh and the (relative) ease of getting tickets.  As he says himself we're pretty spoiled.

Though I still never managed to see Tree.

cakeinmilk

40, including gigs he's MC'd at.

Maybe too much Kitson.

cakeinmilk

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on January 30, 2018, 02:40:52 PM
I presume the expectation is that A Short Series of Disagreements Presented Here In Chronological Order will surface somewhere on this side of the Atlantic at some point.

He said yes to that at a preview.

Sebastian Cobb

holyzombiejesus

Was just coming on to post the same. Disappointed there isn't a physical version although I guess that may come later.

Crabwalk

buntyman

I could've sworn I pre-ordered this to buy for a fiver yesterday but I didn't get an email to say as much. Now it looks like you can only pre-order it as a rental for £3. Has it changed or am I talking shite?

hermitical

chocky909

QuoteHaving said all that, i'm not sure how long i'll leave this up for. I may well find it a bit odd and bob it down again in a few days.

Clever boy!

DrGreggles

Filmed in 2012 and being put out unedited?
Pull your finger out next time, Kitson!

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

McFlymo

ooooh. I'm having that, now!

I've never rented a movie online before, this is intriguing. 72 hours doesn't seem great, I'll definitely not watch this again within the next 72 hours. A week might have been nice. Ah well. After I paid the £3, the "Watch Now" button wouldn't work, but the "My Library" link did, so here we go....

Thanks for sharing this, by the way! Much appreciated.

McFlymo

ummm ... so it appears to be of the not working variety ... I just keep getting the trailer and sent round in circles. Has he taken it down again?

Famous Mortimer

You're having nothing McFlymo, as it's just been pulled completely.

Famous Mortimer

We've all been given refunds too.

chocky909

Aha, fucking typical. It's changed from preorder to rent now so possibly just a fuck up but probably Dan being indecisive.

McFlymo

Famous Mortimer

According to Twitter, it's up as a rental?

chocky909

I just rented it to see what would happen and it appears to be playing now. Too late for me to watch tonight but hopefully I can watch it on my phone tomorrow. It's showing in my purchases on Android but also says I haven't purchased it.

Wonder why there were refunds yet it's still on sale.

EDIT I can watch it on mobile too, just go to 'Watch Later' instead of purchases - guess because it's not a purchase, it's a rental.

When was the original 'go live' time? Wasn't it the 28th?

McFlymo

OK, got it working with Safari. ... Might have been a Google Chrome issue.
FACK SAKE!!

... Almost too flustered and annoyed to enjoy it, now.

... I'll do my best.

dirkgonnadirk

"I was waiting to release this, but im still not entirely sure what i've been waiting for. It was either for the BBC to put it out on BBC 2 on Christmas Eve OR for myself to make a physical release to go along with it OR for HBO to offer me millions of pounds for it. The first and the last aren't going to happen - the middle one, i still think will happen at some point. In light of which, i've decided to offer the film as a rental rather than a download until such point that ive got some sort of physical media version to sell alongside the download.

Having said all that, i'm not sure how long i'll leave this up for. I may well find it a bit odd and bob it down again in a few days."

hermitical

rented and d/l as we speak....