Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:01:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Daniel Kitson 2018

Started by notjosh, January 30, 2018, 10:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ptyx

Okay, I've d-l-ed it as well. To hell with Kitson's arcane information policy. :P

buntyman

When you say you've downloaded it, do you mean for a finite amount of time?

Ptyx

No, you can download the mp4. It's really simple.

CaledonianGonzo

Ptyx

Yes, I just read it. Is he here, lurking in some corner under a nom de plume? But really, my understanding is limited. His non-British fans who cannot attend his shows and only know him from his recordings are kind of left in the rain. I have a bad, half-audible recording of Stories for the Wobbly Hearted and am in the process of slowly transcribing it like an idiot, so that at least I might read it.

hermitical

well I originally paid to own it before he moved the goalposts....

Wet Blanket

CaledonianGonzo

I think that's still my favourite of his storytelling shows - feels like the most relatable.

Z

My first Kitson show was It's Always Right Now Until It's Later, thought it was great but I still think the balance between story and comedy of 66A (which I haven't seen in person) is a much better show overall.

I like his reasoning for making it a rental (assume someone's linked the email above?). He's not wrong, I still haven't watched Carpet Remnant World or Limmy's Show season 3, fuck knows when I bought them.

Crabwalk

This was the best work-in-progress show I've ever seen - and the first time I experienced Mr Kitson live - but I never saw the full show. I've made the order and will watch it tomorrow evening PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT DOWN IN THE MEANTIME DANIEL I'M SURE THAT GUY WAS KIDDING WHEN HE SAID HE'D DOWNLOADED IT HA HA

notjosh

Battersea Arts Centre benefit compered by Kitson in January 2019.

Booking is open and he does't seem to have announced it via e-mail yet, so a perfect chance to beat the rush if you usually struggle with Kitson tickets. You will have to sit through Nish Kumar though.

holyzombiejesus

Wow! 5 nights in Hebden Bridge! I can cycle home from that... So tempted to do all 5 nights.

QuoteHello.

This is going to be very quick because I am already running late actually.

Okay.

So.

I'm doing a few shows at the Bill Murray in London and a little run at the Trades Club in Hebden Bridge.  Also, whilst I've got you, there's a benefit or two.

Here. We. Blinking. Well. Go.

So, the shows at the Bill Murray and the Trades Club are called "Daniel Kitson Will Do Something" and are best described by this blurb:

Not really work in progress. Just something to do.

With "nothing" to "very little" in the way of material or ideas Daniel Kitson is getting out of the house, Staying loose, Ticking over, Keeping his eye in, Strengthening his core and putting some Shape in the Day. It will mainly be talking although there will almost certainly be some pauses and possibly a bit of absent minded chanting.  He may also, introduce one or more others to participate in nascent skits or fill time with their own thoughts and feelings but will more than likely be alone on stage. Talking, pausing and chanting. 

Less like the first steps on a creative journey and more like someone rummaging through cupboards and making a pile of stuff for the charity shop.

Here are the dates for the Bill Murray:

April
Sunday 8th - 1pm
Monday 9th – 10.30pm
Thursday 12th - 6pm

May
Monday 7th  1pm.
Tuesday 8th  – 9.30pm
Monday 14th – 6 pm
Sunday 20th – 1pm
Sunday 27th - 1pm

Tickets go on sale today at 2pm with 20 held back for release at noon on the day of each show. Tickets for these are 3 pounds for April and 5 pounds for May, that's not an accident and there's no such thing as a bargain, bear that in mind.

Tickets will be available here - https://www.angelcomedy.co.uk/whats-on/

Here are the dates for the Trades Club in Hebden Bridge:

April 29th – May 3rd – 8pm.

Tickets are 5 pounds and If you live in the vicinity of Hebden Bridge and you've never been to the Trades Club, I really recommend it. I went there recently to watch Richard Dawson and I BLOODY LOVED IT. Hence me disgracing its name and heritage with five nights of frustratingly self indulgent flim flam. So, actually, maybe go and see something else there instead but if you do come to these, at the very least it'll be a lovely room to be annoyed in.

You can get tickets at this link from noon on Monday 9th of April.

http://thetradesclub.com/daniel-kitson-tickets

And obviously there's a benefit coming up because I'm still trying to balance the books, soul wise.

All Hands and Hearts at Up The Creek on May 15th.

Im compering this, there's James Acaster, Annie Mcgrath, Joel Dommett and Ed Gamble on the bill, tickets are 15 quid and you get them and more information about the charity (which does disaster relief) here:

https://goo.gl/LWtAyU

Finally you can still rent the film of It's Always Right Now Until its Later or buy various Audio recordings of shows by going here  -

http://www.danielkitson.com/recordings.html

Three people rented the film yesterday.

In the whole world.

Three.

(3).

T.h.r.e.e.

Good on them.

Right that's it.

GOODBYE FOREVER.

Daniel

Z

Going to one of the may shows. Although if he announces a proper run before that I'll wait for it instead and give those tickets away. Kinda regret going to two WIPs of his last year instead of just waiting for the show. Was very  good but killed my enthusiasm for seeing the finished product.

holyzombiejesus

Hebden Bridge was sold out after about half an hour. Managed to get tickets online for the Tuesday and Wednesday and my wife went down and got me some for Thursday, so quite pleased although would have preferred a Sunday ticket rather than the Wednesday one. Greedy little piggy.

Blinder Data

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 09, 2018, 02:45:06 PM
Hebden Bridge was sold out after about half an hour. Managed to get tickets online for the Tuesday and Wednesday and my wife went down and got me some for Thursday, so quite pleased although would have preferred a Sunday ticket rather than the Wednesday one. Greedy little piggy.

The exponentially growing ardour of Kitson's fanbase is such a boon for him (and terrible for everyone else). Anyone who sees him for the first time will usually want to see him again at the earliest opportunity, so if you introduce one new person to him you're just reducing your own chances of getting a ticket in future.

It's the perception of scarcity too. Just recently I bought a ticket to see Hamilton for the second time because my brain told me if I didn't I might never see it again. What other comedian would prompt people to buy tickets to him 10, 20 or 100 times?

He should really start a membership scheme so his work gets a wider audience rather than the regular fanboys. You'd get a unique ID linked to your bank card and be limited to something like four tickets per show. It might stop the greedy little piggies at least! ;)

The Duck Man

Bah, working overnights and despite mulling this morning who I'd ask to get me some tickets, I'd forgotten about it by the time I got home and my head hit the pillow. Shame, as it's a good excuse to pop up to Hebden Bridge, which is rather lovely.

jimboslice

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 09, 2018, 02:45:06 PM

Three lots? You git. I bet a few people have snapped up a few lots of tickets and won't bother showing up on one night or the other.

Wish he'd charge more than a fiver.

I'm just bitter because I didn't remember to check the website until 3.

holyzombiejesus

So, 3 nights to go until the first of the Hebden Bridge shows. Anyone going/ selling/ turning up in the blind hope of grabbing a return?

Me? Y N Y.

boki

He's only bleedin' doing a show at my workplace in a week's time, in't 'e?  Can't really miss that buggoh.

boki

Quote from: boki on May 02, 2018, 03:58:40 PM
He's only bleedin' doing a show at my workplace in a week's time, in't 'e?  Can't really miss that buggoh.
Why did I put this in a Kitson thread when it was actually Robin Ince I was thinking of?  Why must brain do stupidz?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: lankyguy95 on May 02, 2018, 04:31:20 PM
Daniel Kitson: Breakfast radio presenter https://www.beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/5627/radio-daniel-kitson
As I live in a different time zone now, it will be rather difficult to hear this show (which starts tomorrow morning). Anyone planning to listen?

holyzombiejesus

Doesn't start til tomorrow (Tuesday).

I managed to get to 3 of the Hebden Bridge shows in the end. The bulk of each evening was taken up him talking about some builders he'd employed to make a wall in his garden. Obviously for a work in progress show it was quite rambling and on my 2nd night, he asked who had been to a previous show. I put my hand up and when he asked me what I'd thought of the story, I said that it didn't really work. He then turned on me! He compared me to Hitler and made me move seats so I wasn't in his eyeline with my "judgmental face". It was great and I can't believe how amazing it was just to be able to cycle down the Halifax Road and go to see DK. Hebden felt a bit greyer when he went home.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 07, 2018, 12:42:41 PM
Don't know what you're talking about, you sound like a crazy person.

McQ

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 07, 2018, 12:42:41 PM

I managed to get to 3 of the Hebden Bridge shows in the end. The bulk of each evening was taken up him talking about some builders he'd employed to make a wall in his garden. Obviously for a work in progress show it was quite rambling and on my 2nd night, he asked who had been to a previous show. I put my hand up and when he asked me what I'd thought of the story, I said that it didn't really work. He then turned on me! He compared me to Hitler and made me move seats so I wasn't in his eyeline with my "judgmental face". It was great and I can't believe how amazing it was just to be able to cycle down the Halifax Road and go to see DK. Hebden felt a bit greyer when he went home.

I was there that night! I wondered if that might have been you. Some very enjoyable interactions came out of that so thank you for your participation! He asked my friend about her yellow T-shirt, but nothing much came out of it, except that he mused over whether there was any comedic potential in the wearing of old T-shirts with slogans on that people ask you about, but because you've been wearing them for so long, you'd stopped thinking about the meaning of. (What an excellent sentence.)

Oh, I'd also been at Yo La Tengo, but I didn't put my hand up. Didn't want any trouble, like.

hermitical

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 07, 2018, 12:30:55 PM
As I live in a different time zone now, it will be rather difficult to hear this show (which starts tomorrow morning). Anyone planning to listen?

May I recommend streamWriter?

mrfridge

Does anyone know the URL for the Resonance live stream? Not for the website, I mean the actual stream itself. The stream/player opens in a separate window when I click 'Play' and I can't seem to find a URL.

If I can get the URL I should be able to record the shows from tomorrow onwards. I missed todays unfortunately, did anyone else manage to 'get' it?

hermitical

mrfridge

Great thanks.

I take it you managed to record today's show then? Any chance of sharing it if so?!