Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:16:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shithouse! It's rugby league 2018!

Started by doppelkorn, January 30, 2018, 04:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doppelkorn

I've been reading Underdogs by Tony Hannan in preparation. It's about Batley's 2016 season when they made the middle 8s.

Super League's OFFICIAL MONEY-PISSING-UP-THE-WALL PARTNER Betfred are giving Cas as favourites to win the Grand Final. I'd put money on Saints if I had to today.

I guess predictions then?

Grand Final: Saints
League Leader's "It's a real trophy" Shield: Cas
Challenge Cup: Dunno. Wigan.
Relegated: No-one
Promoted: No-one
Middle 8s: Hull KR, Widnes, Catalans, Salford, Toulouse, Leigh, Toronto, Featherstone
New RFL boss: I reckon it'll actually be Ralph Rimmer

Gulftastic

Can't wait. Off to Warrington on Thursday, one of my favourite away days. Lots of drinks on the trans pennine, with a couple of stops on the way.

Not sure how we'll do this year. McDermott has lost another couple of big game players, so our ability to perform when it counts might not be there.

I agree with your prediction of St Helens. I think they'll have a good year.

doppelkorn

I'm properly excited about Wire this year. Murdoch Masila, Akauola and Roberts especially. Shame this year's kit is a bit boring.

Gulftastic

Quote from: doppelkorn on January 30, 2018, 06:59:52 PM
I'm properly excited about Wire this year. Murdoch Masila, Akauola and Roberts especially. Shame this year's kit is a bit boring.

Who do Wire have directing them round the field this year? They've never replaced Briers properly.

doppelkorn

I think (could be wrong) that's what Tyrone Roberts has been brought in for...

Old Thrashbarg

I'd be surprised if Cas are anything like as good as last year. Losing Hardaker and not really replacing him has got to have an effect.

Saints should go well and if they can keep Barba fit and out of trouble for the full season they'll be in with a good chance.

For Hull, I'm hoping we can cope with the losses of Fonua and Ellis. Faraimo looks to be a similar style of player to Fonua, but still very raw. Hadley coming back after a season on loan at Wakefield and Abdull after a year at Hull KR, both of whom were impressive during their loan spells, will hopefully go some way to making up for the lack of Ellis. So at this point I'd be pretty happy with a too 4 finish and another decent cup run.

doppelkorn

Does anyone know what Moi Moi, Bailey and Taylor are supposed to have done at Toronto then?

Deanjam

Quote from: doppelkorn on January 31, 2018, 01:30:28 PM
Does anyone know what Moi Moi, Bailey and Taylor are supposed to have done at Toronto then?

doppelkorn

Deanjam

Mr Eggs

Steve Price battered the fuck out of his radio all night. I hope he shoves whats left of it up Ben Westwood's fat arse.

Gulftastic

Flip me, it was cold night in Warrington. Thank god we won. The earlier kick off time was marvellous. Meant we made the earlier quick train and made our last bus home in Leeds.

doppelkorn

Quote from: Gulftastic on February 02, 2018, 03:13:35 PM
Flip me, it was cold night in Warrington. Thank god we won. The earlier kick off time was marvellous. Meant we made the earlier quick train and made our last bus home in Leeds.

Were Wire quite bad then? Jon Wilkin thought so on the radio.

Gulftastic

Quote from: doppelkorn on February 02, 2018, 05:10:18 PM
Were Wire quite bad then? Jon Wilkin thought so on the radio.

Yes, but Leeds were a bit too rusty to really put them away. Both teams put in some epic line defence. And Ryan Atkins did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoNxdSjKvpE

Schrodingers Cat

Oh dear. This is shaping up badly - if we don't sort ourselves quick we could be on the end of a 50-0.

doppelkorn

Quote from: Gulftastic on February 02, 2018, 05:20:35 PM
Yes, but Leeds were a bit too rusty to really put them away. Both teams put in some epic line defence. And Ryan Atkins did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoNxdSjKvpE

I saw some people rip him for that on Twitter. Ah dear.

Quote from: Schrodingers Cat on February 02, 2018, 07:58:37 PM
if we don't sort ourselves quick we could be on the end of a 50-0.

Lucky that didn't happen!

dr beat

doppelkorn

Please spare this sport from Eddie fucking Hearn

Gulftastic

I bloody hate Elland Road. It's a shit heap. Still, at least we won. Delighted to see Keinhorst back. I'm a big fan.

doppelkorn

I'd almost forgotten about him.

Apparently Leeds were trying to set an SL attendance record of 25,000+, which seems optimistic. 16,000 isn't bad though.

dr beat

Careful with all this attendance talk we don't want to turn into the TotalRL forum now do we!? ;)

Deanjam

Seems a strange time to attempt an attendance record with a televised Thursday night game.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Deanjam on February 09, 2018, 04:26:41 PM
Seems a strange time to attempt an attendance record with a televised Thursday night game.

I think we'll try again on 23rd March when Cas roll into town. If both teams are in form, it's a Friday, so I think we'll beat yesterday's attendance.

doppelkorn

Cameron Smith - with an arse for a chin,
Please drop the ball, so the Rhinos can win.

Deanjam

I'd laugh, but it's our turn tomorrow.

Anyway, the most important thing is that Wigan are stll the only UK club to win it in Australia. And probably will remain so for ever.

Gulftastic

Agent Hardaker sacked by Cas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/43146986

No mention yet of his player registration, but I'd assume Cas will hold onto it to get a transfer fee out of his nexyt club, which is rumoured to be Wigan.

Deanjam

Really hope Wigan don't waste money on this prick.

dr beat

Bet he ends up at Widnes at some point.