Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:42:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shithouse! It's rugby league 2018!

Started by doppelkorn, January 30, 2018, 04:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doppelkorn

I'd front his first month's wage. For real.

I got my sister a signed WELCOME 2 WARRINGTON T-shirt off eBay. Four quid.

Gulftastic

I'll say it again. Just fuck off, Brian.

Deanjam

doppelkorn

Could yet win the challenge cup tho...

Gulftastic

Punched the air.

Now a bit scared at what comes next.

doppelkorn

Deanjam

Gulftastic

Quote from: Deanjam on July 02, 2018, 02:14:12 PM
David Furner favourite.

Ah, David Furner. Two nights after we won the title in 2004, he was one of the last to leave at the party we had in the supporters club. We were serenading him with 'DAVID FURNER'S FUCKING BRILLIANT'  for ages.

Deanjam

Daryl Powell has been cut from 50/1 to 3/1.

Gulftastic

Schrodingers Cat

Odds are just based on what punters reckon though. It's not surprising that people would expect Leeds to be interested - the job he's done with Cas the last few years has been phenomenal. Anyway, Guardian RL journalist Aaron Bower says Cas not concerned.

Quotes Powell "I haven't spoken to anybody. I've been rumoured with a few jobs but I'm 100% committed to what I'm doing at Castleford. People can rest easy."

Far from proof, but I don't think Powell will be leaving soon.
*crosses fingers and looks around nervously*

doppelkorn

The legend Garry Schofield reckons Shaun Wane.

Vision and awareness there from the man who's put his email address in this week's League Express pleading for sponsors at Keighley.

doppelkorn

dr beat

Looks a great signing in theory but it remains to be seen whether he will actually be in a Widnes shirt next year - might depend on whether we stay in SL which is currently a big if.

doppelkorn

Would not LOL if widnes got relegated.

On another note, do any of you read Forty20 magazine?

doppelkorn

Seen a few people on Twitter asking who the bookies are paying out on. Presumably Lowes, although the headlines are all screaming Sinfield...

Gulftastic

Sinfield's coming home.

God, I hope this works out. I don't want to wish for Sir Kev to be sacked at some stage in the future.

doppelkorn

Sinfield bounce on August 5th. I can feeeeeel it.

doppelkorn

I'm quite enjoying these crap teams coming good at the business end of the season.

I had a pitch rejected by Forty20 this week. Fair.

shithead

How does it work with the overseas teams in Rugby League? Isn't there a team from France in the Super League, and a team from Canada in the Championship? Do they literally fly to the UK every other week for their away games, and have teams from the UK fly to them every other week for their home games? Seems complicated/expensive, especially given the distance to Canada. Do many of their fans travel to the UK, and many UK fans travel to Canada/France?

Also, do they have many supporters at home? I guess they must have a reasonable number if their players are professional......

doppelkorn

Quote from: shithead on July 22, 2018, 08:54:47 AM
How does it work with the overseas teams in Rugby League? Isn't there a team from France in the Super League, and a team from Canada in the Championship? Do they literally fly to the UK every other week for their away games, and have teams from the UK fly to them every other week for their home games? Seems complicated/expensive, especially given the distance to Canada. Do many of their fans travel to the UK, and many UK fans travel to Canada/France?

Also, do they have many supporters at home? I guess they must have a reasonable number if their players are professional......

They get good crowds at home. Toronto can get 6-8k and Catalans get 10-15 (I think) but neither set of fans travel much, as you might expect.

In other news: Loleeds

Gulftastic

Gulftastic

doppelkorn

Rumours you can't bring in any food whatsoever tomorrow. HUGE* IF TRUE.

* for the Leeds fans hoping to stock up on clearance Gregg's items at 16:55 today

doppelkorn

Dear William Hill I just want to bet on Leeds going through why can't you allow me this insurance policy?

doppelkorn

mikeyg27

Not really sure what happened to Saints. Proper shat the bed in the first half. I suppose Catalan are the exact sort of team who can suddenly turn it on as another team is turning it off.

Looking at the table at the split, it feels like the only thing being played for in the Super 8s is the 2nd home playoff game. Saints almost have the League Leader's Shield sewn up and it would take an almighty collapse AND winning streak for any of the the teams from 5th to 8th to make it up. Qualifiers will be interesting though, if for no other reason than to see how Toronto go.

Mr Eggs

A bit rough for Leeds to have to be in a fucking portacabin in the car park for a changing room.