Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:51:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shithouse! It's rugby league 2018!

Started by doppelkorn, January 30, 2018, 04:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulftastic

Straight to the Pie Eaters for the start of next season then.

Played like shit again yesterday, but got away with it. Hull KR are whinging about the ref. The penalty count in the first half was 7-1 in their favour.

doppelkorn

I always said Harvey Livett was class. Wire had best not let him go now.

Ratchford's ace as well and completely ignored by the Yorkshire-biased RL media. THERE IS SAID IT.

mikeyg27

I'm enjoying the NRL on Sky when I actually remember it's on. Cronulla - Parramatta was a fun addition to the narrowly failed ridiculous comeback genre.

doppelkorn

Old Thrashbarg

Well, that was different. Played in a few games like that, but not seen too many on TV. I think it'd have probably turned out a lot different had the ref just given a yellow for that ridiculous hit on Shaul.

Gulftastic

There will be a lot of disciplinary fall out from this. Not seen a match like this in years. The RFL will clamp down.

Old Thrashbarg

Faraimo will rightly get a long ban, but I don't think there was too much else worthy of suspension. It was just niggly stuff and there was only Briscoe and Shaul who really deserved to be sin-binned, apart from Talaupapa. The rest were just the ref trying to assert his authority, long after he'd lost all control.

Old Thrashbarg

Forgot about Griffin punching Hock actually, that could be a ban. Which would leave us with no wingers or centres.

Gulftastic

Watched 'As Good As It Get?', the documentary about Leeds 2015 treble. Obviously, as a Leeds fan it's hard for me to be objective, but I loved it. Much more about the players and their personal stories than I thought it would be, with not a lot of game footage. Some proper insights about what it's like to be a player.

mikeyg27

So Ryan Hall, Stevie Ward and Kallum Watkins turned up on Neighbours. In Leeds Rhinos polo shirts too.

bgmnts

This is the only thing I know about rugby league bar the weird phases:

https://youtu.be/vGeeXPtqF8Q

Gulftastic

Quote from: mikeyg27 on May 14, 2018, 05:37:57 PM
So Ryan Hall, Stevie Ward and Kallum Watkins turned up on Neighbours. In Leeds Rhinos polo shirts too.

Yes. It's like two of my worlds collided.

mikeyg27

To the surprise of no-one, Hardaker signs for Wigan next year.

Reading the BBC report about it, it kind of boggled my mind that he's still only 26. He's managed to fit quite a lot of achievements (good AND bad) into a short space of time.

Deanjam

Hell of a player, but a shitbag of a man. Oh well.

dr beat

Getting my Spoons breakfast on before heading over to the Toon. Oh I see Clive Woodward is getting interviewed on BBCs royal wedding coverage. Hope all the moaning stayaways on the totalrl forum are enjoying it.

Deanjam

Glad to see magic weekend maintaining tradition of bullshit video ref decisions.

Deanjam

Shaun Wane leaving Wigan at the end of the season. Thought seems to be him joining Tomkins in France. Shaun Edwards rumoured for a return to League, but I won't hold my breath.

Deanjam

Is Daryl Powell the most miserable prick in Super League? Why, yes he is.

https://twitter.com/Mk_FRugby/status/999754275021623296

mikeyg27

I watched that as it happened, made me laugh. Those felt like the actions of a man who knew talking much more was going to get him a hefty fine.

doppelkorn

I dunno what's happening with Edwards, but he had a full feature interview in League Express about ten days before the Wane announcement. And he talked about coaching in (and winning) SL in it. That doesn't seem like a coincidence.

I like how Wire are going at the moment. I listened to the Hull game and it sounded like a bit of a collapse. Gamesmanship from Hill getting under people's skin? I like how he can be a bit of a knob.

Declan Patton should stay, IMO, but why would he? Looks like he'll get more game time at Wigan or Leeds.

And that's about it.

doppelkorn

Are you happy about that? Someone set up a Martyn Saddler parody account on Twitter, which was funny at first, but it quickly morphed into this miserable BETTS OUT!!11111 thing.

dr beat

I take no pleasure in someone losing their job, and I think Betts does deserve some credit for helping to bring in a strong youth system.  However I think this has been on the cards for some time, particularly going on Betts' comments after the Huddersfield game I got a sense he'd lost the dressing room.  Tactically we are very one-dimensional, and its meant that we've not been able to compete across the full 80 minutes. The Saints game at Magic Weekend really exposed this and our lack of kicking game.  We don't have a bad squad but I've had concerns about the coaching for a while now.

The debate now seems to be about whether we want an ambitious but unproven Aussie coach, or whether we should get someone in like John Kear to see us through the rest of the season.

Deanjam

Poor Denis. Always thought he got a rough deal at Wigan.

doppelkorn

Would John Kear go to Widnes now? I'm not really sure what his goal in life is. Why did he go Batley > Wakefield > Bradford so quickly? What did he see in Bradford that he didn't see in Wakefield?

doppelkorn

In other news, I found two old RL programmes at my dad's last week: Grand Final 2000 and that game in 1995 where Wigan played Bath (RU) at Maine Road.

Both make for interesting reading...

Mr Eggs

The pies looked knackered from minute 1.

Deanjam

I don't wanna blame the announcement of Wane leaving, but that 2 utter shite performances since then.

Deanjam

Can't say I'm shocked. Zak will fit right in.