Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:23:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shithouse! It's rugby league 2018!

Started by doppelkorn, January 30, 2018, 04:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doppelkorn

Oh and the Martyn Sadler parody presumably got the shitters put up him by some legal team, so he's now a Chris Irvine parody account (of all things) and still not really funny.

dr beat

I fear Joel Tomkins might suffer the ultimate punishment. Transfer to Widnes.

Deanjam

Quote from: dr beat on June 03, 2018, 05:27:46 PM
I fear Joel Tomkins might suffer the ultimate punishment. Transfer to Widnes.

Poor bastard.

doppelkorn

Deanjam

Looks like Joel Tomkins if off to Hull KR. Now that's a punishment!

doppelkorn

Precisely what does Jamie Peacock do there? Same thing as Keiron Cunningham at Leigh?

Deanjam

doppelkorn

should have stuck a quid on Cas I bloody knew it

Gulftastic

doppelkorn

So you won SL last year in spite of him?

Gulftastic

I don't know. I put most of it down to Danny Maguire putting in the greatest single GF performance of all time, and Zak Hardaker shitting on Cas.

I do know that more and more people are getting pissed off at seeing utter garbage through the season in the hope of a  few wins at the end. We feel like we are being ripped off when we purchase season tickets.

I've heard rumours that a lot of the board feel the same way, and are started to get concerned about filling our shiny new stands once completed. A big fear is that people simply won't bother with a a season ticket, and ust by a ticket for perhaps a play off game.

We are playing turgid, mistake ridden rugby. It's like the players haven't met each other before turning up for the games. I want a coach who can get some attacking flair and discipline into the team.

I want a team that doesn't run out of steam with 15 minutes to go in every single game.

dr beat

doppelkorn

Anyone going to the challenge cup semi thing?

Gulftastic

Quote from: doppelkorn on June 18, 2018, 04:12:44 PM
Anyone going to the challenge cup semi thing?

Just bought my ticket this morning.

There will be no trains to Bolton's ground on the day. It will be a replacement bus service. Should be fun.

doppelkorn

Gulftastic

Fuck me. A change has got to come.

Gulftastic

Now that I'm sober, a point about last night's game,

In over 30 years of watching Rugby League I have never witnessed a team faking so many injuries to slow play as I did from the Catalans yesterday. It was farcical and an insult to the sport. As professional players they should be ashamed. Any time momentum swung back in Leeds favour in the last 20 minutes, one of them went down.

I am not using this to excuse in any way that we lost. We deserved to lose, but it is something I never thought I'd see in the sport I love. The RFL need to take a serious look.

doppelkorn

The RFL doesn't exist without big Nige.

The England RL Twitter today has been gold. George Williams stars as a tuk tuk veteran.

My sister text me literally ten minutes after I bought her ticket for the Bolton semis to say she might not be able to come ffs

mikeyg27

Some singer has just absolutely murdered the NZ national anthem. Top stuff.

doppelkorn

This is a proper weird thing.

We'll look back on this and wonder what the fuck it was.

mikeyg27

Multi-year deal apparently (for the Kiwis, anyway), so we're going to get used to it being weird. Also, the 2025 World Cup is scheduled for the US and Canada, so I expect more of these test matches there (that Australia-Tonga game at the end of the year that the commentary mentioned is rumoured for New York). To me it all makes more sense than there currently being a Toronto team in the 2nd tier of the British league system.

Anyway, England need to stop allowing offloads, and Percival and Burgess need to decide which one of them is going to actually make a tackle.

doppelkorn

How white are Mark Percival's legs?

And some topknot nonce there in the crowd wearing an England RU top.

Gulftastic

Good stuff. Fun way to spend a Saturday night.

eta then the beeb show my Rhinos losiñg and ruin it a bit.

mikeyg27

4 tests against the Kiwis this year, one of them in Denver, none of them in London :-(

Thought all the debutants looked like they belonged (throw Scott Taylor into that lot too, even if he's technically played for England already). Jake Connor is the exact kind of player who when he's on the opposing team you want to see someone shatter his kneecaps, but when he's on your team you love and will absolutely take great delight in justifying him being a shithead. And if you're an impartial observer, as I am most of the time, you just keep shaking your head with a bemused smile. I think he might be my favourite player in Super League.

doppelkorn

Didn't Lee Radford recently call him "just a horrible person" or something?

Old Thrashbarg

I'm currently out in Colorado and yesterday was pretty great. There were shirts from all over the place, Super League, NRL, internationals, Union, NFL and a few football (soccer). The game seemed to be well received by the locals and I think Thaler in particular did a great job in helping it flow as much as possible. If it was played to Super League interpretations, there'd have (rightly) been at least a couple of sin-binnings. But letting them slide was definitely the right thing to do in this game.

The main disappointment for me was that we didn't have a single kick off return by a prop and the resultant big collision.
Everyone who knows the game you could tell was excited  for that and to see the reactions of the newcomers at the padless big hit. The opening kick especially was very deflating for the existing fans.

Quote from: doppelkorn on June 24, 2018, 08:39:54 PM
Didn't Lee Radford recently call him "just a horrible person" or something?

Something like that, but his tongue was firmly in his cheek.

For now, Connor is one of my favourite players. But should he ever leave for another Super League club I imagine he'll pretty quickly become one my least favourite.

doppelkorn

What was the atmosphere like in the ground? The organisers (I think it was them on twitter) were saying they couldn't have had it in the MLS stadium because that holds 18k so fair enough.

But I'm sure nobody seriously thought they could sell 70k tickets.

I wish Ratchford had wowed a bit more from fullback. I think he needs a great game for England to shut people up. For me, the best England XIII is still unknown, especially the spine, but I don't think Bennet will change the core before the test series will he? So you wonder if people like Tomkins will get a look in. (And in-form people in other positions like Charnley).

Old Thrashbarg

It was surprisingly good, given the 50,000 empty seats. We were sat near quite a large pocket of Kiwi fans, so it was very loud early on. And then as England came back into it there was a decent amount of noise from the rest of the ground. No singing, obviously, not that there ever is at internationals. But certainly enough of an atmosphere that it probably justifies the decision to play it there and get an extra couple of thousand in.

Mr Eggs