Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:52:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Happy! (SyFy show)

Started by Ant Farm Keyboard, January 31, 2018, 03:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ant Farm Keyboard

The season finale airs tonight in your former colonies. The show has already been renewed for a second season.

I'll definitely be back. This is basically what the adaptation of Preacher should have been, an over-the-top deluge of ultra violence and bad taste, with brusque tone shifts and little dead weight. I'm impressed by how much they managed to push the envelope regarding censorship on violence, language or sex for a basic cable show (without being exploitative) , and Chris Meloni was a perfect choice for the lead, not to mention Patrick Fischler as a complete creep.

Small Man Big Horse

Ant Farm Keyboard

As I love to get ball-gagged and whipped, you gave me much pleasure, so don't hate this.

Lorenzor

The knowledge I get is very useful and I would like to know if there are continuous updates.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

This has turned up on Netflix now. I think I'll watch an episode while I have my tea.

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on April 26, 2018, 07:30:30 PM
This has turned up on Netflix now. I think I'll watch an episode while I have my tea.

You should, it is really good.

Sin Agog

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on April 26, 2018, 07:30:30 PM

Cheers for the heads-up.  Been meaning to watch this for ages.  Going on the first episode, Grant Morrison's fingerprints seem to have survived intact, which is pretty surprising and cool.

I'm up to episode 5 now. It's a bit bloody good isn't it? Roger Rabbit meets Crank. I'm sure Christopher Meloni did very well from all those years on Law and Order SVU, but he was really squandering his talent on it. Hell, his minor roles in Wet Hot American Summer and Harold and Kumar are probably better than his entire tenuer in SVU.

Quote from: Sin Agog on April 27, 2018, 12:11:23 PM
Grant Morrison's fingerprints seem to have survived intact, which is pretty surprising and cool.
I'm not familiar with Morrison's work. I thought it bore the clear mark of Brian Taylor's handiwork. Hard to believe he wasn't hired to work on Deadpool 2.

Mister Six

The original comic was poor I thought - seemed like an attempt to pull a Mark Millar and knock out something in five minutes to act as a pitch for a movie or TV show.

Glad to see it worked (Morrison deserves some cash in his pocket) and also glad to hear it's fun. I'll give it a stab when I get the chance.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Mister Six on April 28, 2018, 10:21:52 PM
The original comic was poor I thought - seemed like an attempt to pull a Mark Millar and knock out something in five minutes to act as a pitch for a movie or TV show.

I thought that too, it had some funny moments but it was Morrison on auto-pilot and easily one of the most average things he's done. But I hope it's success means tv companies start looking at his other work, I'd love a HBO Animal Man series.

QuoteGlad to see it worked (Morrison deserves some cash in his pocket) and also glad to hear it's fun. I'll give it a stab when I get the chance.

It took me a while to get in to it as I'd only recently read the comics and it was a pretty faithful adaptation, but around episode 4 it switches things up a bit and that was the point i became a big fan.

It had me hooked from the off, with that scene in the pub toilets.

kidsick5000

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on April 29, 2018, 02:59:01 PM
It had me hooked from the off, with that scene in the pub toilets.

That intro was amazing - though it did have me worried it was going to suddenly reveal at the end that it's all a Jacob's Ladder scenario.

Otherwise, a brilliant series. A bit like the US doing their take on Sir Digby Chicken Caesar at times.
But I loved the camera work and choreography. And Meloni is perfect

Bazooka

Watched the first couple, not keen on the unicorn if I'm honest but I like it otherwise.

kidsick5000

I'm surprised that it's Grant Morrison. Feels like it's his attempt to emulate Garth Ennis.
Not particularly a bad thing. I often feel like I need a bath after reading Ennis' stuff when he goes to excess.

Alberon

Ant Farm Keyboard

Slow start with a lot of different plot lines, but the fight scene in the warehouse at the end totally made it worth.

Timothy

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 22, 2019, 11:37:44 AM
Series 2 begins next week: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggzPWPzLxIc

Damn! I just finished season 1 on Netflix and enjoyed it a lot and wanted to say so. Happy to see Happy is already back!

Small Man Big Horse

I've been obtaining these and definitely plan to watch them at some point, there's just so many shows and films I want to watch right now that I've got a bit of a backlog. But for those who have seen it, how's it been so far this year?

Ant Farm Keyboard

It's kind of a slow start, with four or five different plot lines, and most of the main characters barely intersecting with one other. By episode 3, it's starting to coalesce, and it's also the first episode featuring Ann-Margret, who definitely makes a huge impression, especially as she's related to the funniest fight scene of the season so far.

Small Man Big Horse

Thanks for that, it does sound interesting though due to the slow start I might wait until it finishes and then binge them all.

I shall definitely be watching it at some point, as the first series was ace. Like you though, I have a big list of other stuff to get through (I still haven't finished series 2 of Legion nearly a year on) so I might wait until this turns up on Netflix. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Nola Carveth

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 22, 2019, 11:37:44 AM
Series 2 begins next week: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggzPWPzLxIc

Cheers fer thee info!

Any news on how I can watch this in the UK?

Tis not on netflix yet and it seems like I can't stream it straight from the Syfy channel (US, I presume) direct.