Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:18:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Edinburgh Fringe 2018

Started by CaledonianGonzo, February 01, 2018, 09:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaledonianGonzo

That's the Traverse announced their line up, with no sign of DK.

DrGreggles

Isn't there still a final big update of shows on the main site to come?

CaledonianGonzo

Yeah, there's still more to come. Summerhall haven't announced yet I don't think and I'm still expecting Bridget Christie to be announced for The Stand.

TMJ

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 16, 2018, 01:49:17 PM
Isn't there still a final big update of shows on the main site to come?
Tomorrow is the last big update for early sales, and then the full programme is out in June. So I would expect/hope to God for more shows tomorrow, as it's been rather slim pickings so far.

zomgmouse

Quote from: zomgmouse on May 16, 2018, 07:32:34 AM
Update re accommodation: I've booked a place for the month and if anyone wants to take a room let me know.

Update: I have now filled all the rooms. HOWEVER this does also mean I am now confirmed coming to the Fringe! Once I buy flights and stuff it will feel even more real.

CaledonianGonzo

I notice that the 9pm slot at the Tron basement is currently unannounced.  Gadd?  Tom Parry?

CaledonianGonzo

That's Summerhall announced. Nothing of immediate note from a comedy POV.

JCR

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on May 17, 2018, 11:13:34 AM
I notice that the 9pm slot at the Tron basement is currently unannounced.  Gadd?  Tom Parry?

Be strange if it was Gadd, given that room is quite a bit smaller than the one in Summerhall he was selling out last year. Anything is possible of course.

DrGreggles

CaledonianGonzo

With The Wrestling not on this year Max and Ivan are doing something a bit different:

https://www.assemblyfestival.com/whats-on/max-and-ivans-prom-night

DrGreggles

CaledonianGonzo

Trying to break America, I think.

Duckula

Is that all the shows up on the main site now?

Edit: Answering my own question, yes - 564 new shows added this morning.

DrGreggles

Other than late additions, that's yer lot!

Early recommendations?

DrGreggles

Malcy

Quote from: zomgmouse on May 17, 2018, 06:53:54 AM
Update: I have now filled all the rooms. HOWEVER this does also mean I am now confirmed coming to the Fringe! Once I buy flights and stuff it will feel even more real.

Any couch spaces available for a night? I'll even take the bath!

JCR

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on May 16, 2018, 01:07:51 PM
That's the Traverse announced their line up, with no sign of DK.

Kitson is advertised as appearing at the Stand in a list of their performers on page 133 of the programme.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Malcy on June 06, 2018, 05:24:35 PM
Any couch spaces available for a night? I'll even take the bath!

Do you wanna take the couch for the entire festival instead?
I'll keep you updated though.

zomgmouse

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: JCR on June 06, 2018, 10:07:16 PM
Kitson is advertised as appearing at the Stand in a list of their performers on page 133 of the programme.

I mean....even if he's not doing a full run you have to assume he'll show up somewhere at some point, and that's the most likely place.

DrGreggles

My definitely-not-confusing colour-coded Fringe calendar is taking shape nicely.

Malcy

Quote from: zomgmouse on June 07, 2018, 02:28:03 AM
Do you wanna take the couch for the entire festival instead?
I'll keep you updated though.

Thanks. I'm only really planning to go see Jack Docherty. All the shows are 9pm which makes it impossible to get back home. I don't want to miss it!

TMJ

Kitson's confirmed he's doing some midnight stand-up at Stand 1. Dates coming in the next few weeks.

I'm going in the first week of the festival, so am expecting to miss Kitson. Got 13 shows lined up so far though, whilst trying to convince my friend to come see Trevor Lock with me. First Fringe, so really looking forward to it.

CaledonianGonzo

That midnight timeslot is getting less and less conducive as the years roll on.  15 years ago when we were all in our twenties was one thing, but nowadays I dunno if I can motivate myself on a schoolnight. 

Still - more tickets for all his teenage fans.

DrGreggles

Could it be another 'Fuckstorm 3000' sort of thing?

Malcy

Just went through the 64 pages of just music and comedy for the day i'm planning to go. Have just saved about 30 odd shows to my calendar. Overwhelmed with what is on and now to decide what to go to!

DrGreggles

I'm there for a week from 19th.
Anyone for drinks? Or go to the same gig? Or both?