Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:51:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

King Of Kong Mullet Man Rumbled.

Started by darby o chill, February 04, 2018, 02:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm delighted about this. I found the pile-on to be rather unsavoury. Clearly, Billy Mitchell is a superb Pac-Man player and a charismatic fragile egomaniac. I've been following him on Twitter for a while and sending goodwill. I love an underdog, especially one who used to be an absolute prick.

Quote from: NoSleep on July 31, 2018, 05:10:48 PM
BUMP.

Billy Mitchell scored 1m (exactly) in public on a genuine Donkey Kong board yesterday: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/290847896

Tipster's video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JXrUzZT67Y

That's so great.

They have to make a movie now and get Martin Starr to play Billy.

marquis_de_sad

Depressed Beyond Tables

Lance Armstrong can ride a bike without being on drugs. No one disputes that.

marquis_de_sad

Yes. As someone wrote in a comment on the Tipster video, "Congrats Billy you finally got a legit 1 million score I'm happy for you. Doesn't change a single thing. Actually makes me more disappointed you cheated in the first place now."

NoSleep

Quote from: Better Midlands on July 31, 2018, 05:28:09 PM
That's so great.

More a candidate for "Yak: The Jeff Minter Story".

Z

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on July 31, 2018, 05:45:38 PM
Yes. As someone wrote in a comment on the Tipster video, "Congrats Billy you finally got a legit 1 million score I'm happy for you. Doesn't change a single thing. Actually makes me more disappointed you cheated in the first place now."
Isn't the difference that there have been some point gathering techniques discovered since the mid 00s  that makes it a lot easier to get over a million than when Wiebe got it? If he utilised that then his 1 million is much less of an achievement than his tape would have been.

NoSleep

He claims to have done it before Donkey Kong was ever released in the arcades (see end of the twitch video).

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Z on July 31, 2018, 06:32:41 PM
Isn't the difference that there have been some point gathering techniques discovered since the mid 00s  that makes it a lot easier to get over a million than when Wiebe got it? If he utilised that then his 1 million is much less of an achievement than his tape would have been.

Good point.

NoSleep

"Hang around for as long as you can on each level to score extra points"; he must have kicked himself when he realised.

bgmnts

"Needless to say I, I had the last wakka wakka wakka"

I hope he's the first guy to get 2m and all the haters watch it on their deathbed. I hope that's not unreasonable.

darby o chill

All very entertaining :) But fuck all to do with the mame chicanery.
Would be fun if he was arsed breaking the record. Just for the pure spectacle of him & his fans online.

This fucking guy
https://youtu.be/yt0aFYPR_Fo?t=1m16s

José

Quote from: Better Midlands on July 31, 2018, 05:28:09 PM
That's so great.

no.

tommy wiseau with the goatee drawn on in marker pen.

touchingcloth

What Ronalado think of Billy Mitchullet?

marquis_de_sad

Mitchell's evidence package is wild. The fake DK Jnr board swap video was satire and/or for promotional purposes only, the fake world record video was forged to look like it was done on MAME by persons unknown. And the Carlos Pineiro situation is bizarre. Why would he sign that witness statement? Mad.

Can't wait for King of Kong 2.

marquis_de_sad

New Apollo Legend video on Billy lying about being the first person to get a perfect Pac Man score.

BlodwynPig

madhair60

Apollo Legend is #cancelled mate, sorry.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 27, 2019, 09:50:51 PM
Why is this important?
That's setting way too high a bar for 99% of the conversations on CaB to clear.

Piggyoioi

cant even read thus thread, tears running down meh face..... its like brexit all over again,.....

peanutbutter

Quote from: madhair60 on September 27, 2019, 10:29:00 PM
Apollo Legend is #cancelled mate, sorry.
What was it he done exactly?

This latest Billy Mitchell video does seem like he has way too much of a grudge to bear with the guy. Either that or he should've waited until he had a better interview with Dwayne Richard, or edited the one he had where Richard is wayyyy too emotional in the call and sounds like he's kind of lost track of himself (were the personal jabs needed at all, like?), or gathered a few more sources

Flouncer

Quote from: peanutbutter on September 28, 2019, 11:26:38 AM
What was it he done exactly?

This latest Billy Mitchell video does seem like he has way too much of a grudge to bear with the guy. Either that or he should've waited until he had a better interview with Dwayne Richard, or edited the one he had where Richard is wayyyy too emotional in the call and sounds like he's kind of lost track of himself (were the personal jabs needed at all, like?), or gathered a few more sources

It has a lot to do with what his buddy done... There's this bloke called Ryan White, known as Goose, who does GoldenEye speedrunning: it recently emerged (shock horror) that he's a nasty little alt right shite who thinks that black people are genetically inferior, believes in a white ethnostate, wants to know when we can talk about "the Jewish question," all that kind of stuff. There's a speedrunning event called Games Done Quick that raises money for charity, and when this stuff came out they banned Goose from participating in the event. Apollo Legend (who had been working with Goose on establishing their own speedrunning event) came out to bat for Goose in a YouTube video, which by the looks of things has now been deleted. In the video Apollo obfuscated and minimised what Goose had said, and stated that GDQ were treating Goose unfairly by banning him. Apollo was subsequently called out for this.

idunnosomename

Why isnt this shit in computer games forum

darby o chill

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 28, 2019, 11:49:58 AM
Why isnt this shit in computer games forum
Why aren't YOU in computer games forum?

Quote from: peanutbutter on September 28, 2019, 11:26:38 AM
This latest Billy Mitchell video does seem like he has way too much of a grudge to bear with the guy... Richard is wayyyy too emotional in the call and sounds like he's kind of lost track of himself (were the personal jabs needed at all, like?), or gathered a few more sources
Yeah Dwayne Richard doesn't come off well, bringing up Mitchell's family affairs. He was behind that 'Perfect Fraudman' doc.
Good thread on it over here.

Quote from: David Race(fastest perfect pacman record holder)Dwayne appeared upset over my honest critique of his film. In my critique I ended by saying, "There is a lot that I can agree with you on, but after all is said and done, the documentary appears to be more of a polemical, personal diatribe than an impartial and serious work.
I know you may not welcome some of these criticisms, but this is my honest assessment."

David Alpiger (who abbreviates Crystal Castles to 'Crystal' and wears a weight lifting glove) argues that Bill Bastable's perfect score isn't valid as he paused the game for breaks with dip switches.
Serious stuff this pac man business.

alan nagsworth

Can someone please dumb down all of the events which have occurred here because all I know is what I saw in the original docco and this nerd chat is confusing, thanks