Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:27:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

King Of Kong Mullet Man Rumbled.

Started by darby o chill, February 04, 2018, 02:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darby o chill

If anyone's arsed, Billy Mitchell himself will be talking about this tonight at 12 U.K. time.

QuoteBilly Mitchell will begin addressing this whole situation tommorrow, Tuesday February 6th, between 7:00-8:30 PM at https://www.compoundmedia.com on the East Side Dave Show. MUCH will be revealed in Audio and Video form in the coming weeks, so tune in and stay tuned.

Quotethe login info for tonight.... If you go to www.compoundmedia.com and type for the user name, temp@compoundmedia.com, and the password is Temppass2017, you will be logged in for free. Make sure on the password, that first "T" is upper case.

new page Pᗣᗧ•••MᗣN wanker

Funcrusher

Could someone watch this and provide a summary? Thanks.

Twed

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: darby o chill on February 05, 2018, 11:14:17 PM
Not a parody. He's a champion of shit Atari game 'Missile command'. ◔̯◔
Hates Billy Mitchell and always ranting about high score conspiracies. Regarded as a dangerous loon in retro gaming.

Chasing Ghosts: Beyond the arcade

And Part 6! of his conspiracy rant.
Only 1000 views, I feel a little better.

One of the many things I loved about King of Kong was how so few people gave a shit about it. Like the guy at the end going round telling people they were about to get a kill screen, and of the handful of people there, an even smaller handful came to look at it.

Twed

I spent my 30th birthday at that arcade.

Desolation, I guess.

darby o chill

Well that was a right load of bollocks. I know you're all dying to hear what happened so here is my summary.

The host, an obnoxious shouty cunt with a red beard, calls Billy's detractors The L.L.C. - Lonely Loser's Club.
Another man wearing sunglasses accompanies the rant with old timey piano music.

Billy Mitchell faffs on about receiving 2 movie offers since the 'scandal' broke, then compares himself to astronaut John Glenn and later Donald Trump.

An obese man with learning difficulties interjects to ask why Pacman is yellow.
Billy mutters some answer then continues waffling about how he never uses MAME, they're all liars.
The fat man with learning difficulties butts in again to ask why Super Mario was a plumber.

Mitchell says the scandal doesn't matter, they're all just jealous of his media coverage.
The shouty man agrees and calls them 'internet cockroaches'.

An angry man called Richie Knucklez rings in to defend Mitchell and says he's so friendly with Billy, he would 'help him bury the body if he murdered someone'.
Then he promises 'explosive revelations' about the accusers in the coming weeks.

Redbeard shouts they are all jealous of Mitchell 'cos he's a Hollywood star and the pianoman launches into a rendition of 'Eye of the tiger' with the host singing Billy's praises on top.

The End.

Twed

Took a little drive up north on Friday

St_Eddie

Quote from: Twed on February 19, 2018, 03:43:30 AM

Took a little drive up north on Friday

I take it you mean North as in vertically North because that's a photo of Heaven.

Twed

You know what's soul-crushing? That part of the building is usually empty. Everybody is downstairs playing Skee-Ball and more modern fairground-ish games that dish out tickets.

That makes it better though, because you get to experience all of those machines on your own, basically.

darby o chill

Super Sprint! Where is that arcade? Looks good.

Twed

darby o chill

Oh right, the famous Funspot. For some reason I thought you were in the UK.
Did you see Brian Kuh?

NoSleep

Twed

It is difficult to be there without referencing that. But then you just start playing Marble Madness and realise that the machines themselves are the real cultural highlights and all references to King of Kong are forgotten.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Twed on February 19, 2018, 06:36:21 PM
...Marble Madness...

Did they have Joust too?  They're my two favourite arcade games.

Twed

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 04, 2018, 08:57:49 PM
Speaking as someone who was obsessed with MM after discovering it in the observation gallery at Birmingham airport arrivals in about 1984, I am unironically impressed by this.
If you're not using a trackball  it doesn't count

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on February 19, 2018, 11:38:12 PM
If you're not using a trackball  it doesn't count

Don't be disparaging my Marble Madness hi-score, mate.  It counts as a MAME score and I worked hard for it.  You can't be expecting me to shell out for a USB trackball (just to use with a single emulated game), as I can't even afford to replace my falling-to-pieces PS3 pad.  I very clearly state that the score was achieved using a 360 pad and MAME, within the video's description.

Within the realm of non-trackball MAME scores; it counts.  If I am ever able to afford a USB trackball or better yet, an actual arcade machine, then you better believe that I'll achieve a decent hi-score using that.  I don't appreciate you discrediting my videogaming feat, when it took a long time to get that good.  Cheers.

darby o chill

Quote from: St_Eddie on February 21, 2018, 05:21:37 PM
Don't be disparaging my Marble Madness hi-score, mate. 

Mate. A real champion would know you must abbreviate.

darby o chill

Mullet man stripped of titles and banned from competing

Not too surprising but nice to see this:

QuoteWith this ruling Twin Galaxies can no longer recognize Billy Mitchell as the 1st million point Donkey Kong record holder.
According to our findings, Steve Wiebe would be the official 1st million point record holder.

#TeamWiebe

Ian Drunken Smurf

kilgore

thraxx

Cunts gone and nicked my name and Little Mo.  I mean 'er eyes aren't fackin' painted on are vey?

marquis_de_sad

Mitchell's attempts to spin this thing in his favour before the decision was made have been hilarious.

First off you have this toe-curlingly cringy interview with the world's most deluded sycophant. Note the comments and likes/dislikes have been disabled. The lengths the interviewer will go to flatter and defend "his second-best friend" Mitchell are astounding. He says things like, "I've seen handsome people in my life, and Billy Mitchell is one of them. He's like Russell Crowe!"

Then you have this video from the 2018 'Kong-Off' which features a rambling and unconvincing defence of Mitchell from more of his cronies.

As for non-shills, I've enjoyed the (very rudimentary) videos from George Riley, who looks like Dave Grohl and sounds like Jason Lee. He has played a lot of Donkey Kong 3 and was a huge fan of Mitchell and fellow disgraced cheater Todd Rogers. His videos are mainly about how disillusioned and angry he has been due to these revelations. He also has videos where he tries to move a coke can with his mind.

If you don't watch anything else, I recommend Goose's account of the whole thing. Goose is a well-known speedrunner, probably most famous for this rant about speedrunning being degenerate.

Depressed Beyond Tables

bgmnts

There's something about cheating at a video game to earn fame and whatnot that is really sad.