Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:26:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

King Of Kong Mullet Man Rumbled.

Started by darby o chill, February 04, 2018, 02:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

QuoteWith this ruling Twin Galaxies can no longer recognize Billy Mitchell as the 1st million point Donkey Kong record holder.
According to our findings, Steve Wiebe would be the official 1st million point record holder.

I bet Goliath is fuming at being defeated by David, right now.  Probably having a sorrowful wank.

NoSleep

Have any of Mitchell's other scores (like the perfect Pacman score) been directly brought into question?

This tumble is hard not to savour, since disliking Mitchell for all his strutting around in the background while Steve Wiebe pounded his alleged record win in front of the cameras and live audience in King Of Kong.

darby o chill

Quote from: NoSleep on April 13, 2018, 09:26:55 AM
Have any of Mitchell's other scores (like the perfect Pacman score) been directly brought into question?

He got the pacman score at Funspot so it was legit. Some folks argue that Bill Bastable did it first.

Norton Canes

Sounds like they got him over a barrel.

thugler

Quote from: darby o chill on April 13, 2018, 09:41:52 AM
He got the pacman score at Funspot so it was legit. Some folks argue that Bill Bastable did it first.

Isn't the main argument with that about it not being an impressive record at all, 'the perfect game' being kind of a made up thing. It was dependant on a technique which he didn't invent and he actually did it quite slowly in comparison to better players. Then made up lots of bs about improvising on the fly.

NoSleep

All I know about his perfect Pacman score was straight from his own mouth, so no surprises that it is also questionable. I bet his hot sauces are crap, too (or, if they're any good, all the recipes are stolen).

darby o chill

Quote from: thugler on April 13, 2018, 09:56:30 AM
Isn't the main argument with that about it not being an impressive record at all, 'the perfect game' being kind of a made up thing. It was dependant on a technique which he didn't invent and he actually did it quite slowly in comparison to better players. Then made up lots of bs about improvising on the fly.
Pretty much. But wanker behaviour aside, he's still a ridiculously good player.

Quote from: NoSleep on April 13, 2018, 10:29:10 AM
I bet his hot sauces are crap, too (or, if they're any good, all the recipes are stolen).
!!

LanceUppercut

I'm off to arcade club next week with my mate,I'm going for the world record score on operation wolf as I'm a savant on that,

I will record the video and also the massive strop and crying fit and me smashing the place up if I can't achieve it.

Wish me luck.

Utter Shit

I got a perfect score on Snake 2 on the 3310 once, filling the entire screen with the snake.

BEAT THAT.

darby o chill

Quote from: LanceUppercut on April 13, 2018, 10:32:35 AM
I'm going for the world record score on operation wolf as I'm a savant on that
Wow, not heard about that game in decades.

Quote from: LanceUppercut on April 13, 2018, 10:32:35 AM
Wish me luck.
Best of luck!

darby o chill

Quote from: Utter Shit on April 13, 2018, 10:33:48 AM
I got a perfect score on Snake 2 on the 3310 once, filling the entire screen with the snake.

BEAT THAT.

Deserves a King of Kong type movie of it's own.

The Sultan of Snake. Starring Utter Shit. ★★★★★ "Unmissable"

Utter Shit

I don't want a movie made about me, I'll be ruthlessly exposed as another cheat when it emerges that I pause and unpause the game at difficult points to slow it down.

Depressed Beyond Tables

I got 8.75 in the 100m sprint in a PS1 Olympics game back in the day. Not sure if that's impressive or not. I imagine those games can be hacked with a power drill or modified dildo.

madhair60

I hope nobody finds out that my Sonic the Hedgehog world record was achieved by using the Level Select to skip to Scrap Brain Zone.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on April 13, 2018, 10:54:05 AM
I got 8.75 in the 100m sprint in a PS1 Olympics game back in the day. Not sure if that's impressive or not. I imagine those games can be hacked with a power drill or modified dildo.

I have a mate that is insane at those button-bashing games. When we were at uni we had a copy of Athens 2004 on the PS2 that was made shit by the fact that he could obliterate the record on every single event seemingly without putting in any effort at all, making it a waste of time for everyone else. I suspect it might have been early-onset Parkinson's because his whole body would shake as he did it.

Hobo With A Shit Pun

NoSleep

The last time I checked on Twin Galaxies, I could definitely get into the top 2-3 players, if not the number one for Tempest 2000 on the Atari Jaguar (it may have changed by now). I think that says more about how much people are arsed about Twin Galaxies than it does about my prowess at the game.

Danger Man

I worked with a bloke who had the world record for Mega Man 9.

His pale, pale skin and social awkwardness were probably a coincidence.

Norton Canes

I had the Micro Drive circuit on the ZX Spectrum Chequered Flag down to about 53 seconds, bet no fucker ever beat that.

monkfromhavana

Funcrusher

Someone surely has to do a sequel to 'King of Kong' at some point.

NoSleep

thugler

Quote from: Utter Shit on April 13, 2018, 10:33:48 AM

BEAT THAT.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=48sIvf3fVvo

There's another one of these films about a guy getting the nibbler record, basically snake before snake. It involves playing for 2 days non stop

the

Quote from: NoSleep on April 13, 2018, 10:29:10 AMI bet his hot sauces are crap, too (or, if they're any good, all the recipes are stolen).

Don't know if you've watched it, but there is quite a funny commentary on the King Of Kong DVD done by a couple of games journalists. At one point they both stop to down a shot of the hot sauce. They're not hugely positive about the flavour.

They also run through a list of traits of nacissism to see how many of them suggest themselves in Mitchell's behaviour...

thraxx

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on April 13, 2018, 10:54:05 AM

And that huckster Usain Bolt only got 9.58 in the real 100m and people never stop going on about it.  About time the world took notice of a real champion.

madhair60

Quote from: Funcrusher on April 13, 2018, 01:12:31 PM
Someone surely has to do a sequel to 'King of Kong' at some point.

King of Kong Vs Godzilla.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Danger Man on April 13, 2018, 11:27:22 AM
I worked with a bloke who had the world record for Mega Man 9.

His pale, pale skin and social awkwardness were probably a coincidence.

Not a fucking patch on the gamers of today, are they? The gamers of today, fucking hell. Totemic behemoths of men, and also, yes, women! Fearsome "scenester" lasses with side-of-the-lip piercings and hair slicked meticulously over one eye like what Gabrielle used to do, except more "core", gaming alongside mighty chads who kick sand in the faces of today's dweebs, such as the alternative right movement, and what's his name. You know the cunt I'm on about.

That twat of a referee from King of Kong saying he dreamed of girls approaching him because he's a master at Centipede, if he's still alive today I bet he's absolutely seething that he's not a master of driving a realistic car or boom-headshotting the Nazi zombies. Those macho hunks that are really good at driving the realistic car or doing one of those Dance Dance Hate Your Dad Revolution things in the arcades are absolutely up to their fucking eyeballs in fanny.

I myself have seen them, having overlooked the pandemic for some years, and I can say that upon having done so, I immediately considered myself 50% less of a person in their wake, and I only hope one day to be among them, as them.