Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:51:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What the f@ck is Sting playing at?

Started by TheMonk, February 07, 2018, 12:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMonk

Collaborating with Shaggy
Lazy tours with Peter Gabriel and Paul Simon
Musicals about boat sheds
Lute albums
Christmas albums

Is he taking the piss?
Is he some sort of pop music troll?

DrGreggles

I think he might just be a massive cunt.

thraxx

Stop giving currency to this cunt's self awarded nickname.  The cunt's called Gordon for fuck's sake.

BlodwynPig

Went to my school as did Neil Tennant and Dec.

Should do a Cuthies Trio Rag Band Tour

TheMonk

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 07, 2018, 02:01:20 AM
Went to my school as did Neil Tennant and Dec.

Should do a Cuthies Trio Rag Band Tour
Any stories? Was he well loved? Pants man? Good at long jump?

Twed

I fucked a pig's ear! I fucked a pig and it fucking died! I fucked a pig's ear and it died.

Ferris

What're you gonna do mate, call the Police?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: TheMonk on February 07, 2018, 04:19:20 AM
Any stories? Was he well loved? Pants man? Good at long jump?

Well he was there 23 years before me. but my RE teacher was mates with him at school and I think he's mentioned in Sting's autobiography, something about truancy and nicking sweets.

BlodwynPig

Also from Neil Tennant's wiki

QuoteAs a child, Tennant attended St. Cuthbert's Grammar School, an all-boys' Catholic school in Newcastle upon Tyne. Tennant's songs "This Must Be the Place I Waited Years to Leave" and "It's a Sin" refer to his early life in Catholic school and the strict upbringing there.

and Declan Donnelly

QuoteDonnelly attended St Michael's Roman Catholic Primary School and the all-boys St Cuthbert's High School, leaving with 8 GCSEs.[9] He considered becoming a Catholic priest but quipped that he changed his mind after seeing the girls from Sacred Heart, the local Catholic girls' school.

I remember that moment - some girls came over from Sacred Heart for maths lessons (no idea why) and one of the girls, Helen Johnson had stockings on and flashed a few of us and Dec. I think that was his Road to Damascus moment.

spamwangler

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 07, 2018, 02:06:21 PM
Well he was there 23 years before me. but my RE teacher was mates with him at school and I think he's mentioned in Sting's autobiography, Something about
Truancy and Nicking Sweets.

shit name for an autobiography fairplay

Shit Good Nose

Can we at least all agree that The Police are (is?) ace?

spamwangler

Vodka Margarine

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 07, 2018, 05:51:05 PM
Can we at least all agree that The Police are (is?) ace?

Or as they're now known, Sting.

BlodwynPig

jobotic

You only got one school up there or something?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on February 07, 2018, 09:17:35 PM
You only got one school up there or something?

The best school. Chris Rea went to a different one and Ant McPartlin to the working class school down (up) the road.

Here's a list:

QuoteKenneth Allott – poet
Flt Lt Dominic Bruce OBE MC AFM MA KSG RAF – World War II Escaper, the 'medium-sized man' of Colditz Castle[citation needed]
John Carver – football player and coach
Ryan Donaldson – footballer
Declan Donnelly OBE – Dec of Ant & Dec
Admiral Sir Nigel Essenhigh – First Sea Lord from 2001–02 of the Royal Navy
Sir Terry Farrell CBE OBE – architect,
Sir Anthony Grabham – President from 2002–03 of the British Medical Association, and Chairman from 1993–2005 of the BMJ Group
Alan Hull – Musician
Paul Kennedy – historian and writer
Rt Rev Hugh Lindsay – Bishop of Hexham & Newcastle from 1974–92
Rt Rev Joseph McCormack – Bishop of Hexham & Newcastle from 1937–58
Cecil McGivern CBE – BBC executive, and Controller of BBC One from 1950–57
Lawrie McMenemy – football coach
John Middleton – Vicar Ashley Thomas in Emmerdale
Lee Novak – footballer
Gordon Sumner (Sting) – singer in the band The Police
Neil Tennant – Singer in the band Pet Shop Boys
Rt Rev Joseph Thorman – Bishop of Hexham & Newcastle from 1925–36
Tom Tuohy CBE – put out the Windscale fire in October 1957
Rt Rev Frank White – Assistant Bishop of Newcastle (Anglican)
Liam Noble – Professional footballer
Peter Harwood OBE - Chief Conciliator, Acas
BlodwynPig CBE - Creator and Director of all but one of the Minotaur film series

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Viz LetterbocksWhen Sting dies, will he be called Stung?

Sebastian Cobb

I wonder what school the other Pet Shop Boy went to.

BlodwynPig

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I do like his vocal stylings, particularly the way he goes from soft husky crooning one moment, to honking like a goose the next

I also think Englishman in New York is a good one

Ferris

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on February 07, 2018, 11:27:03 PM
I do like his vocal stylings, particularly the way he goes from soft husky crooning one moment, to honking like a goose the next

I also think Englishman in New York is a good one

I got it stuck in my head the first time I went to NYC as an adult and it totally ruined the weekend. Constant, on a loop, Sting. True story.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: thraxx on February 07, 2018, 12:12:23 AM
Stop giving currency to this cunt's self awarded nickname.  The cunt's called Gordon for fuck's sake.

he didn't find out until years later that it was nothing to do with his daft stripey jumper making him look like a jasper, but simply the fact that he's a massive prick.
then he went all "nobody call me 'sting' any more" but it was too late.

if I could work out how to do it.... I have a picture taken from behind copeland's kit, which I always post when the subject of G.Sumner comes up, & on the skins of the four toms, it says
"fuck off you cunt"
& whenever I hear a police track, I listen out for copeland's fills & imagine him going "off! cunt! you! you! fuckfuckfuck!" as he hits them.

copeland was the one slumming it in that band. summers had form, but by the end of the 70s his best work was behind him & he was more concerned with powdering his nose & running around with belushi.

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: TheMonk on February 07, 2018, 12:04:13 AM
Christmas albums

If On A Winter's Night... is the only Sting album I like, and I like it loads and loads and loads. It's a bit fucking silly, like, and it's a curiously joyless affair for a "Christmas" record and it's full of itself to the tits and all the rest, but I love it. It has atmosphere to the hills and back. A record for when the electric's run out on Boxing Day evening, if you've maybe got it on your phone and have enough battery left to listen to it and you don't think you'll need your phone for anything else.

Beagle 2

"In England, our house is surrounded by barley fields, and in the summer it's fascinating to watch the wind moving over the shimmering surface, like waves on an ocean of gold. There's something inherently sexy about the sight, something primal, as if the wind were making love to the barley. Lovers have made promises here, I'm sure, their bonds strengthened by the comforting cycle of the seasons."

Shurrup Sting.

The Roofdog

The correct nickname for a man wearing a bee jumper is clearly Bumble.

non capisco

INTRODUCING THE POLICE

Drums - Stewart Copeland
Guitar - Andy Summers
Bass/vocals - You Look Like A Bee You Daft Cunt

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Beagle 2 on February 09, 2018, 04:22:54 AM
"In England, our house is surrounded by barley fields, and in the summer it's fascinating to watch the wind moving over the shimmering surface, like waves on an ocean of gold. There's something inherently sexy about the sight, something primal, as if the wind were making love to the barley. Lovers have made promises here, I'm sure, their bonds strengthened by the comforting cycle of the seasons."

Shurrup Sting.

Brr. When my dad got a cd player he promptly joined Brittania and Ten Summoner's Tales was one of the offending articles that seemed to get played for what seemed like an eternity in my youth. In fact there's a clear divide between my dad's record collection (Blues, Psych, Reggae, Rock) and his CD's which seemed to be mostly stuff like So, Stars and Crocodile fucking Shoes.

non capisco

You can't be lumping So in with them two. It's got Sledgehammer on it!