Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:11:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sargon of Akkunt finally just starts yelling the n word at people

Started by Monsieur Verdoux, February 07, 2018, 06:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: marquis_de_sad on February 08, 2018, 12:53:16 AM
Is he? Have to admit I'm not familiar enough with his very boring output, but I thought he was squarely in the cultural camp. That is, he doesn't believe it's a genetic thing, which puts him very at odds with the pol consensus (which is 'race-realist' about genetic difference, ie, racist).

When challenged in the past, he's been unable to come up with or concede to a single cultural factor that he thinks is responsible for the relative disenfranchisement of African-Americans, which suggests that he thinks the causes are innate (if indeed he has thought that far into it, which he very possibly has not).

bgmnts

So he's basically Calvin Candie from Django Unchained? Studying dimples on black skulls to explain African American servility? But English?

Also to be fair to Richard Spencer, alt right is s genius piece of marketing. You have to give pure evil some credit sometimes.

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on February 08, 2018, 12:53:16 AM
I think his use of the n-word here is him deliberately throwing the alt-right terminology back at them, the inference being that so-called race-realists think that black people are genetically unable to co-operate.

Yes, I agree, that is what he's trying to do with the n word, but he's also liberally tossing slurs like 'faggot' around too for no discernible reason.

Quote from: bgmnts on February 08, 2018, 01:00:51 AM
So he's basically Calvin Candie from Django Unchained? Studying dimples on black skulls to explain African American servility? But English?

I doubt he'd ever show his hand that much. Part of his marketing is to convince people that he occupies some sort of 'middle ground' between racism and opposition to racism. Perpetually 'just asking questions'.

Quote from: bgmnts on February 08, 2018, 01:00:51 AM
Also to be fair to Richard Spencer, alt right is s genius piece of marketing. You have to give pure evil some credit sometimes.

For sure. Convincing a generation of credulous young people that they were the only true anti-establishment option is pretty much the heist of the century.

remedial_gash

Wow! I haven't a bloody clue what any of this means, he sounds like a bit of a wanker but can't bring myself to click the links.

Is this 'internet drama'? Or should people give a fuck? Genuine question as it seems that lots of youths form factions and potential voting blocs. Can't decide if I'm a hand waving old fart or should be concerned.

madhair60

I liked hearing that little quiver in his voice. That very real fear of being rumbled, so to speak. I hope this is just the beginning of the discomfort.

madhair60

ieXush2i

Here's Shaun's good video about Sargon's myriad faults, including the way he doesn't bother to read the sources that underpin his "philosophy" properly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9E2iEi6vMY

Shaun also has a much much nicer voice than Sargon

Cloud

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on February 08, 2018, 12:53:53 AM
He's definitely to the right of the middle. He's a Trump supporter, for one. Also likes Jacob Rees Mogg. Also somebody who believes structural racism doesn't exist but that white men are under attack which is the pretty standard right-wing cognitive dissonance position nowadays. He is a racist as well, believing that African-American are to blame for their own disenfranchisement because innate characteristics make them less likely to marry and more likely to commit crime is racism. Racism of the boring Fox News variety.

Ah right.  So bit of a lost cause then.  Not quite alt-right /pol/ level racism, but one of the "arrogantly ignorant and would rather double down than admit to learning something" types.

Quote from: remedial_gash on February 08, 2018, 04:16:37 AM
Is this 'internet drama'? Or should people give a fuck?

Hard to say.  Thing is, I'd have said it was all internet drama until Trump happened.  A fucking internet meme became president of one of the most powerful countries in the world.  That makes me take these things a bit more seriously nowadays - these names and these videos get about.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Cloud on February 08, 2018, 11:37:01 AMThing is, I'd have said it was all internet drama until Trump happened.  A fucking internet meme became president of one of the most powerful countries in the world. 

This did not happen, mate. Trump was the Tea Party candidate — and and only barely won anyway. Got very little to do with the chans or memes or whatever. Can't be reiterated enough that Clinton's loss was a huge part of Trump's victory.

It's very much internet drama, hence the references to previous internet drama (Kraut) in the comments.

bgmnts

Surely alot of this stuff is spilling out into reality though?

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: bgmnts on February 08, 2018, 02:21:42 PM

Sure, but meme magic didn't get Trump elected. And the V for Vendetta mask thing started ten years ago, this isn't a new phenomenon.

Funcrusher

Let's not worry too much about Trump and Brexit, they aren't that important, and there's no need to consider whether some stupid antics on the left might be further alienating traditional voters and handing a gift to the right.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Funcrusher on February 08, 2018, 02:37:02 PM
Let's not worry too much about Trump and Brexit, they aren't that important, and there's no need to consider whether some stupid antics on the left might be further alienating traditional voters and handing a gift to the right.

Dannyhood91

"White People are meant to be polite!"

Donkey brained tit of a bloke

Dannyhood91

I honestly don't see the point in getting your knickers in a twist over SJW types anyway. I don't think I've had an encounter with any of them outside of an internet discussion. Then again I do live in the Brexit voting north west. I have a cousin who's terrified of SJW's attempting to destroy his way of life and I have to constantly reassure him that these battles between the alt right and SJW's are taking place largely on forums, and to be honest the one thing I have seen that's could be SJWish over the past few years is that sexism is being treated more seriously than it has previously and we're all slowly being a bit nicer towards trans people and surely that's a good thing?

This Sargon bloke is shouting his head off for no reason and we shouldn't give the little prick house room tbh

Barry Admin

They encroach upon internet discussions too though. They're always sending topics off into bitter cul-de-sacs with their depressing obsessions and po-faced tone-policing.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Dannyhood91 on February 08, 2018, 03:32:27 PM
I honestly don't see the point in getting your knickers in a twist over SJW types anyway.

[...]

This Sargon bloke is shouting his head off for no reason and we shouldn't give the little prick house room tbh

Sargon has probably made a fair bit of cash attacking the same old SJWs and their antics. And muslims.

Funcrusher

Quote from: Dr Rock on February 08, 2018, 03:36:58 PM
Sargon has probably made a fair bit of cash attacking the same old SJWs and their antics. And muslims.

I think I heard that he was making something like 8k a month from Patreon, so he probably won't be shutting up any time soon.

kngen

It's very amusing how he says 'Dude, I'm not an upper-class twat' EXACTLY how an upper-class twat would, especially, the 'dude' bit.

kngen

Quote from: bgmnts on February 08, 2018, 02:21:42 PM

Charlottesville seems to have been the watershed moment, with a lot of them realising that real-life actions have real-life consequences (from losing jobs, getting kicked out of school etc to getting arrested for assault, murder) and so they've scuttled back to their online personas, and now they slowly seem to be folding in on each other.

I think the alt-right will burn out, Charlottesville was a huge tactical mistake in terms of elevating their movement. There's no getting round the fact that a woman was murdered.

Someone like Sargon and his ilk, however, could possibly prove to be more insidious because of their potential to influence and enlarge a younger generation of deeply reactionary young men who consider themselves 'liberal' even though they support Trump, Rees Mogg, Le Pen because they consider themselves too 'rational' to fall for the 'SJW hysteria' of recognising the need for robust reforms to address staggeringly vast economic inequalities in our society. Part of the problem is YouTubers like Sargon don't distinguish between annoying twitter liberals and the broader left movement, they think all leftist policies are 'SJW'.

So I think only time will tell if the 'YouTube Right' or even the thunderingly stupid "both sides are equally bad" 'YouTube Centrists' will have an effect in the ballot box. It's likely that for many 14 year olds, their first exposure to political discourse is people like Sargon.

spamwangler

i dont watch this sort of stuff, is there a version of this sargon fella out there online that people on here like, and think are good?

like someone who is just a talking head youtube personality, talking about politics and that, but is interesting and well reasoned? i not trying provacations, im just curious, as i dont watch things like this i only hear about it when one of them films a corpse or makes african school children burn a dreidel or whatever

Blinder Data

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on February 08, 2018, 05:56:57 PM
honestly, kill all british people that sound like him

I agree with this. Is there a more annoying accent than the slightly Americanised ones English nerds have? No there is not

Quote from: spamwangler on February 08, 2018, 07:35:56 PM
i dont watch this sort of stuff, is there a version of this sargon fella out there online that people on here like, and think are good?

like someone who is just a talking head youtube personality, talking about politics and that, but is interesting and well reasoned? i not trying provacations, im just curious, as i dont watch things like this i only hear about it when one of them films a corpse or makes african school children burn a dreidel or whatever

The best ones are:

Hbomberguy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVbC0jASJYA

Contrapoints: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJW4-cOZt8A

Shaun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP95Frc0v4k