Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:50:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Marvel's Sony's Venom (Spider-Man spin-off)

Started by Mister Six, February 09, 2018, 04:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsparagusTrevor

The Venom design was the only thing I thought was decent in that trailer, although I agree it could look more fluid and alive than the mask-like rigidity it seems to have.

Kelvin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLCn88bfW1o

New trailer, and it's beyond awful. If nothing else, make sure you watch the short scene at the end (starts at 2.27), which sounds like it was written by a 13 year old.

Gonna be extremely embarrassing for Sony, I suspect.

Blumf

I thought that bit was meant to be humorous. Even Sony wouldn't be that tone-death stupid... right?

Kelvin

Quote from: Blumf on August 02, 2018, 03:09:38 PM
I thought that bit was meant to be humorous. Even Sony wouldn't be that tone-death stupid... right?

The bit at the end? Sure, it's meant to be humorous, but it's terribly written, like a parody of edgy stuff.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Blumf on August 02, 2018, 03:09:38 PM

"Going down the street like a turd in the wind" made me laugh out loud but for all the wrong reasons. The venom voice sounds awful and made me cringe throughout the trailer, I don't think I could put up with a whole film of it.

Blumf

Quote from: Kelvin on August 02, 2018, 03:51:26 PM
The bit at the end? Sure, it's meant to be humorous, but it's terribly written, like a parody of edgy stuff.

Exactly, parody edgy. I'm seeing that bit as Venom making some deliberately lame threats in what, presumably, is some kind of attempt at Deadpool-esque humour.

popcorn

I think they were just trying to be Deadpool rather than parodying it.

I don't think turds move about much in the wind.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: popcorn on August 02, 2018, 04:44:49 PM
I think they were just trying to be Deadpool rather than parodying it.

I don't think turds move about much in the wind.

It'd have to be a fucking hurricane to get my shits to move about at all.

Mister Six

Quote from: Kelvin on August 02, 2018, 02:20:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLCn88bfW1o

New trailer, and it's beyond awful.

Is Eddie Brock the first mentally disabled superhero? That's quite progressive.*

Er, I dunno. Other than looking like they just bought the script to an adaptation of the Prototype video games and some awkward "edgy" dialogue, I think that looks all right. And I've had zero interest in this until now.

* EDIT: Actually I just realised why I think that - he's resuming his accent from The Drop, where he is supposed to be playing a slightly slow fella.

Namtab

The CGI looks really horrible. Especially the split Venom/Brock shot at the end there.

Replies From View

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 02, 2018, 04:01:04 PM
"Going down the street like a turd in the wind" made me laugh out loud but for all the wrong reasons. The venom voice sounds awful and made me cringe throughout the trailer, I don't think I could put up with a whole film of it.

I don't understand how or why a turd would be going down a street anyway.  Is it stuck to someone's shoe?

Kelvin

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 02, 2018, 04:01:04 PM
"Going down the street like a turd in the wind" made me laugh out loud but for all the wrong reasons.
Oh, come on, SMBH. Who hasn't seen the evocative sight of a shit rolling down a street in the wind? We all laugh when we see them. Laugh and incorporate them into our idioms.

Quote from: Replies From View on August 02, 2018, 07:24:09 PM
I don't understand how or why a turd would be going down a street anyway.  Is it stuck to someone's shoe?

Windy, mate.

QuoteThe venom voice sounds awful and made me cringe throughout the trailer, I don't think I could put up with a whole film of it.

On the plus side, every minute Venom is talking is a minute you won't have to put up with Tom Hardy's ludicrous affectations.

Quote from: Namtab on August 02, 2018, 07:03:16 PM
The CGI looks really horrible. Especially the split Venom/Brock shot at the end there.

I assume that's why the shopkeeper is looking so mortified.

Replies From View

Quote from: Kelvin on August 02, 2018, 07:27:21 PM
Windy, mate.

I have never heard of such a windy day in my whole life that entire turds can be plucked from the ground and hurtled verily through the air.

Kelvin

Quote from: Replies From View on August 02, 2018, 07:30:12 PM
I have never heard of such a windy day in my whole life that entire turds can be plucked from the ground and hurtled verily through the air.

Type "skegness turd tumbleweeds" into youtube.

Kelvin

Quote from: Mister Six on August 02, 2018, 06:24:46 PM
Is Eddie Brock the first mentally disabled superhero? That's quite progressive.

I wondered if he was meant to be slightly autistic. In which case, he's not the first. Flash, in Justice League, was apparently intended as autistic, too. 

colacentral

That line brings to mind motherfuckers trying to ice skate up hill.

Glebe

Fuck me, that is a fucking terrible trailer.

Mister Six

Maybe this will be the superheroic answer to American Beauty's plastic bag in the wind.

Quote from: Kelvin on August 02, 2018, 07:36:24 PM
I wondered if he was meant to be slightly autistic. In which case, he's not the first. Flash, in Justice League, was apparently intended as autistic, too.

Sadly he came across as a generic Joss Whedon jokester.