Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:09:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Max Tundra returns

Started by Action Fish, February 09, 2018, 03:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Action Fish

...or, Daphne and Celeste return, depending on which way you look at it:
https://pitchfork.com/news/daphne-and-celeste-enlist-max-tundra-for-new-album-share-song-listen/

I was wondering only last week if we'd ever see a new Max Tundra album. This may not be quite that, but it's very welcome.

Vitalstatistix

You just made my day, Action Fish.

I can't believe Parallax Error was TEN YEARS AGO. What the fucking fuck.

That new song is pure Max goodness. SO much going on, and just gets better with each listen. I do miss his vocals though, so I really hope he contributes on the record.

doppelkorn

Parallax Error is a great album but I thought no-one had ever heard of it. My copy came from a mate who reviewed it for some publication or other at the time.

Phil_A

I really think "basic busker" should catch on on as a term for that specific brand of Sheeranesque pop. Like "centrist dad", it's a term that so perfectly encapsulates a thing you'd think it had to have existed already.

imitationleather

I saw Max Tundra live once at a festival in a basically completely empty tent. It was me, a couple of people lying on the floor who I don't think were really aware of the music and one of those stewards, supposedly there for your safety and whatnot, but are actually on even more drugs than you are. I couldn't believe he'd not managed to draw any crowd whatsoever. I mean, come on, he's Max Tundra!

It was very good, anyway.