Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:13:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

This Time With Alan Partridge (One Show Spoof)

Started by Malcy, February 12, 2018, 09:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: neveragain on February 18, 2018, 12:33:00 AM
Partridge's bit in that is quite enjoyable. It's the first act (Calfs, Thickett, Saxondale) that was the problem.

I saw the show at the end of the run, in Australia, and don't even remember Saxondale being in it.

(A quick google suggests that this may have been because both Thickett and Saxondale were both replaced by Tony Ferrino. Don't remember Ferrino either, tbh.)

Malcy

Oops! Wrong Planet

Quote from: Tikwid on February 21, 2018, 04:14:27 PM
Spotted outside The Ivy today (thanks Reddit):

A classic Partridge walk and talk, emphatic gestures and over-earnest face. Can't wait.

Mobius

Quote from: Malcy on February 22, 2018, 05:31:52 PM
https://twitter.com/StephenMangan/status/966269928281174016

Mangan passed him while he was filming. Such a missed opportunity.

Ha! Some good comments there from the Commissioning Editor of the BBC.

Really excited for this. Although I agree, would love to see Patrick Marber and co pop up, they are absolutely fantastic in KMKY radio and telly.

No Tree Has Died
No Child Has Cried
To Make The Product
That You Have Buyed.

dr beat

I was wondering how they were going to handle those location reports that they have in the One Show.  There's scope there for some TDT-type absurdity.  I caught a bit of the One Show the other night where someone was reporting on that mob football game they have every Shrove Tuesday (somewhere in Derbyshire?), and the film portrayed the event (perhaps unintentionally) as an excuse for the local hoods to settle scores.  So wouldn't take much (if at all) to parody that sort of thing.

Bazooka

I want to see Partridge at another village fete.

Serge

Quote from: dr beat on February 23, 2018, 10:49:02 AMI caught a bit of the One Show the other night where someone was reporting on that mob football game they have every Shrove Tuesday (somewhere in Derbyshire?)

It is indeed, in Ashbourne. It's pretty stupid.

Ferris

Quote from: Serge on February 23, 2018, 10:58:21 AM
It is indeed, in Ashbourne. It's pretty stupid.

I remember stopping on the way to Brum in Ashbourne and it was like American Werewolf in London - pubs all boarded up, one landlord working who eyed us shiftily and quickly bolted the door after we entered. Turns out it was the day of the "football" game.

I'm sure I'm embellishing my memories but it was definitely mad.

Serge

No, that's about right, they have to board up all of the shops in the town centre to stop windows getting put through - not deliberately, but because the football 'match' is so rough.

Ferris

Malcy

Filming on this finished the other day so it can't be too much longer until it's on.

Malcy

Think we're going to have a bit of a wait on this one.

End of the year/early NEXT(!!!!) year with all the previous BBC Partridge being put on iPlayer before hand probably.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-06-19/bbc-comedy-boss-hints-at-new-alan-partridge-show-air-date/

TheMonk

Why do comedy commissioning people have to speak like such utter wankers though?

Jerzy Bondov

QuoteHopefully its going to get that second-generation wind so people who grew up with [the shows] in the 80s and 90s will want to watch them with kids and friends
The 80s? On the Hour was 1991. Stop getting Partridge wrong.

phantom_power

Quote from: TheMonk on June 20, 2018, 12:19:28 PM
Why do comedy commissioning people have to speak like such utter wankers though?

Because they are management-speaking wankers

VelourSpirit

QuoteAlan Partridge's return to the BBC could come as soon as the end of the year
'as soon' as if that's fucking soon

StuglePStugleton

Quote from: Malcy on June 20, 2018, 10:42:27 AM
Think we're going to have a bit of a wait on this one.

End of the year/early NEXT(!!!!) year with all the previous BBC Partridge being put on iPlayer before hand probably.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-06-19/bbc-comedy-boss-hints-at-new-alan-partridge-show-air-date/

Oddly I seem to remember them saying it's be April this year... Grrr...

Ferris

Quote from: StuglePStugleton on July 01, 2018, 12:04:49 AM
Oddly I seem to remember them saying it's be April this year... Grrr...

Well it's July already, so they'd better hurry up go back in time and release it.

holyzombiejesus

Apparently, they've shown a clip or two of this at the Edinburgh Television Festival and someone's posted a couple of photos of those clips. I'll just link in case they're classed as spoilers.

https://twitter.com/TobyonTV/status/1032929206043336709

Malcy

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 25, 2018, 12:08:22 AM
Apparently, they've shown a clip or two of this at the Edinburgh Television Festival and someone's posted a couple of photos of those clips. I'll just link in case they're classed as spoilers.

I wonder why the beeb are holding it back so long. The first pic looks like he's about to or has just said something inappropriate. Can't wait.

St_Eddie

Coo!  They've nailed The One Show aesthetic.

Howj Begg

Mark Gatiss and Paul Whitehouse, maybe?

holyzombiejesus

I thought the bloke on the left was a quite famous British actor.... From what I read on twitter, the man on the right is playing a character.

How do you do spoilers now?

magval

I've just been changing the text colour to something harder to read, like white, but there's a proper way of doing it where you actually have to quote the text to be able to read it

Alberon

Quote from: magval on August 25, 2018, 09:38:40 AM
I've just been changing the text colour to something harder to read, like white, but there's a proper way of doing it where you actually have to quote the text to be able to read it

You select 'change colour' and then edit it from say 'white' to 'transparent'. I then underline it all to show something is there.

He was dead the whole time!

On a computer, at least, you can read that by highlighting it without having to go through the hassle of quoting it.

Howj Begg

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 25, 2018, 09:10:28 AM
I thought the bloke on the left was a quite famous British actor.... From what I read on twitter, the man on the right is playing a character.

How do you do spoilers now?

Is it Coogan on the right?