Author Topic: This Time With Alan Partridge (One Show Spoof)  (Read 18061 times)

Utter Shit

• Snotty Bumstead
Re: This Time With Alan Partridge (One Show Spoof)
« Reply #180 on: January 02, 2019, 10:39:08 AM »
According to this link, the new series is out in February. Apologies if this was already common knowledge, I hadn't seen that info anywhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jan/02/must-see-tv-shows-2019

Malcy

• This is a Post Office isn't it?
    • Twitter
« Reply #181 on: January 02, 2019, 11:43:18 AM »
According to this link, the new series is out in February. Apologies if this was already common knowledge, I hadn't seen that info anywhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jan/02/must-see-tv-shows-2019

Was wondering about this. I know it's been finished for ages. I think all we knew before was 'Early 2019'. Nice to know thats still the plan.

The Lurker

• Your whole life has led up to you reading this
« Reply #182 on: January 02, 2019, 01:00:20 PM »
Thanks, I didn't know this either.

St_Eddie

« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2019, 01:16:19 PM »
They should have scheduled to air it during one of the months beginning with the letter 'P', to better promote the event of new Partridge.  Idiots missed a trick there.

Mr Faineant

• Why stand, when you can sit?
« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2019, 09:09:46 PM »
He’s on Marc Maron’s Podcast this week. He talks funny. Weird accent. Talks briefly about the new show, says coming Feb.

Malcy

• This is a Post Office isn't it?
    • Twitter
« Reply #185 on: January 08, 2019, 07:59:13 PM »
He's sent an email to the press.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/this_time_with_alan_partridge/special/alan_partridge_press_invite/

I'm Alan Partridge and I am delighted, or at least content, to invite you to a special preview screening of my (and BBC One's) upcoming magazine show 'This Time with Alan Partridge' (my emphasis).

The show marks my return to BBC Television after two decades in various doldrums (depression, radio, Sky Atlantic) and you've been carefully selected because you're either a journalist with a pleasant disposition or a friend or representative of an institution with whom I currently hold no specific grudge.

Limited refreshments will be provided. I think it works out at about two drinks a head, although around a third of you won't drink so some of you can have four. Food-wise, expect light snacks; those of you with a large appetite or poor impulse control should probably eat before you get there.

Toilet facilities are also on hand, catering for the full spectrum of gender and disability - but again, if you have more bespoke needs, try to go before you arrive.

Dress code: Just show a bit of respect really.

Have some manners and RSVP.

Neomod

• Oh my genitals | I'm a janitor
« Reply #186 on: January 08, 2019, 09:04:12 PM »
He’s on Marc Maron’s Podcast this week. He talks funny. Weird accent.

Yeah that was odd. Part mid Atlantic, part Nigel Tuffnell.

« Reply #187 on: January 09, 2019, 07:58:36 AM »
I can see how it would be easy to slip into a slightly American way of speaking, but it just sounds affected, like Steve McClaren at FC Twente. Maybe sounding slightly American is the way to endear yourself to the Yankee public? He also massively played up his Irish roots. Coogan just wants to be loved.

Nowhere Man

• Yeah mate would love a brew, cheers x
« Reply #188 on: January 09, 2019, 09:26:00 AM »
Every Yankee Tom, Dick and Harry from places like Boston and New York or whatever likes to massively play up that they're as Irish as you can get, Guinness and shamrocks an' that. Mind you most of them never even set foot on Irish soil.

So I can see that sort of thing appealing to that audience.