Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:15:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

This Time With Alan Partridge (One Show Spoof)

Started by Malcy, February 12, 2018, 09:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Quote from: magval on May 10, 2019, 06:28:10 PM
When was Alan nicest?

It'll surely be something from when the Gibbons were writing.

When he was with Zoe* in MMM.

*I think that was her name

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

He was nice to Angela in Alpha Papa too. In IAP, whenever he fancies someone, he comes across as desperate, blundering and, in the case of Sonia, actively hostile (she's harmlessly irritating, but he treats her with total contempt).

During the Gibbons era, Alan is a wee bit more pleasant and vulnerable whenever he falls for someone. Mind you, he reverts to boorish type when Jennie rebuffs him in TT.

Twed

He's occasionally sort-of nice to Simon, but he fundamentally doesn't respect him which undermines it.

He loves animals which makes me very happy.

Ferris

He let Lynn down gently when the online scammer "Geofffrey" (?) took some money off her. Got involved, ran the imposter off, paid her the money back himself and spent a few months in-character sending her nice emails to soften the blow.

Think that was Nomad.

royce coolidge

I read an interview with John Thomson,he was going to play a character in series 1 but had to pull out,he said a second series has got the go ahead and he's hoping to do do something for that.

mr. logic

There's a lovey moment in MMM where he's singing along with an obviously troubled caller, before tenderly telling her that she needs to call a professional for the help she needs. Before adding that she is still welcome to call the show whenever she wants. That's lovey and also a competent choice of action.

Quote from: poodlefaker on April 12, 2019, 09:57:49 AM
More  Madeley, the early Shaking Stephens interview is echt Partridge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpjxfQDHnyo

Someone told me that Shaking Stevings is an arsehole in real life.

DrGreggles

Quote from: thecuriousorange on May 10, 2019, 07:30:30 PM
Someone told me that Shaking Stevings is an arsehole in real life.

Comrade Chicken was outed as being a nice guy on the latest Chart Music.
That might be down to attacking DLT though.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on May 10, 2019, 06:00:25 PM
Came across these two posts on Digital Spy's Showbiz Forum's Nice and Not Very Nice Celebrities thread...

I've just had a gander at that thread and did a double take at this comment from 2008...

QuoteI've met quite a few celebs at stage doors and various conventions/fan events and film premieres and feel lucky that I've not met anyone who could be considered "mean" (although I find Morgan Freeman's hands-off attitude toward fans disappointing...if you ever see him, don't expect more than a wave).

I should imagine his female fans would be rather relieved to encounter a hands-off Morgan Freeman these days, much less receive nothing more than a wave from him.

Keebleman

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on May 10, 2019, 06:00:25 PM
Came across these two posts on Digital Spy's Showbiz Forum's Nice and Not Very Nice Celebrities thread.

That thread is riveting.  I'm only up to page 15 so we're still in 2009, way before Yewtree, and there's a run of posts about how great a guy Rolf Harris is, and one lady has posted about how she'd love to meet Kevin Spacey as she has heard he is so nice.  Even the one post to mention meeting Savile is a largely positive one.

But everyone hates Cilla.  And the one Coogan post I've seen is very negative.

Quote from: Keebleman on May 11, 2019, 03:08:43 PM
But everyone hates Cilla.
My only experience was her getting into the lift with me at LWT/London Studios, and her looking like a child's drawing of a dinosaur, full of amoral menace.

Dr Sanchez

My mum saw Cilla Black in a cinema in the 80"s. She said Cilla was horribly rude, up herself and point blank refused to acknowledge fans who approached her. An awful cunt it seems.

I think Coogan is just socially awkward which can come off as aloof or snobby.   

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Keebleman on May 11, 2019, 03:08:43 PM
That thread is riveting.  I'm only up to page 15 so we're still in 2009, way before Yewtree, and there's a run of posts about how great a guy Rolf Harris is, and one lady has posted about how she'd love to meet Kevin Spacey as she has heard he is so nice.  Even the one post to mention meeting Savile is a largely positive one.

But everyone hates Cilla.  And the one Coogan post I've seen is very negative.

I imagine Harris and Saville were good at pretending to be nice people as they were so experienced at trying to fool people so they could get near children (and adults in Saville's case) and get away with their crimes.

imitationleather

Savile always seemed to come across as extremely awkward and weird. Just a truly bizarre person so lacking in people skills that it's just mad he carved out a place for himself as an apparently beloved national treasure.

gib

Quote from: imitationleather on May 11, 2019, 07:39:15 PM
Savile always seemed to come across as extremely awkward and weird. Just a truly bizarre person so lacking in people skills that it's just mad he carved out a place for himself as an apparently beloved national treasure.

I assume he had a few secrets on a few people, probably fixed it for one or two people in power to do sex stuff.

Ferris

Quote from: gib on May 11, 2019, 07:53:35 PM
I assume he had a few secrets on a few people, probably fixed it for one or two people in power to do sex stuff.

He was nice enough to take a few orphans on Uncle Ted's yacht, allegedly....

Dr Rock

If I was Cilla and I couldn't go to the bleedin' pictures without being mobbed by ITV viewers that think I'm like their auntie I'd probably sometimes be a bit grumpy.

Keebleman

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 11, 2019, 07:09:59 PM
I imagine Harris and Saville were good at pretending to be nice people as they were so experienced at trying to fool people so they could get near children (and adults in Saville's case) and get away with their crimes.

In that case John Barrowman must be Paedo Supreme, as on that thread he has posters swooning about how lovely he is.

Page 27 (of 264!), and the first appearance of the Savile we all know and shudder over:

QuoteJimmy was up until 2 years ago the Chieftain of my town's Highland Games and lives in a village close by a lot of the year. He is without a doubt the sleaziest man I have ever met. He came into the hotel I was working in during the games one year and took my hand to kiss it. I was quite young (19 or something) so didn't want to be rude but then he licked my hand and I told him to f*ck off. He laughed at me and I ended up getting a telling off from my boss!

You're absolutely right about his arrogance - he's supposedly a "special friend" of our town but I don't know of one person who likes him. I didn't mention him earlier as I don't even regard him as a celeb - just a dirty old man.

I'm off to vomit after sharing my most disgusting memory.

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 11, 2019, 08:05:30 PM
If I was Cilla and I couldn't go to the bleedin' pictures without being mobbed by ITV viewers that think I'm like their auntie I'd probably sometimes be a bit grumpy.

Yeah, and imagine all those young people approaching her, saying, 'can I be on Blind Date's next series?  I'm quite good-looking, and good at banter, flirting, and jokes - and here's a few examples...'

Dr Sanchez

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 11, 2019, 08:05:30 PM

She wasn't mobbed. She literally pushed someone out of her way to get into the screening and wouldn't let anyone else sit in her row.

The worst part of it all is that she was paid to be there by the cinema and she still couldn't act human.

Mister Six

Cilla was quite famously an atrocious cunt. The third post in this thread created for flight attendants to celebrate lovely slebs begins "Cilla Black - she should be shot".

Dr Sanchez

Quote from: Mister Six on May 12, 2019, 03:57:40 PM
Cilla was quite famously an atrocious cunt. The third post in this thread created for flight attendants to celebrate lovely slebs begins "Cilla Black - she should be shot".

That's a great thread. I love reading stuff like that.

greencalx

"Gordon Ramsey's ego was too big to fit on a 747"

Uncle TechTip

"Just call me Gordon", he reputedly said. True gent, there. Just call me... Gordon.

grassbath

'Jonny Vagus'

shiftwork2

I know we've discussed all these before but

QuoteMICK HUCKNALL. Rude, vile, ginger gnome.

ah mick mate

Bennett Brauer

That thread also includes "Danny Baker- a right tw*t- loads of DYKWIA?".

cliggg

Quote from: royce coolidge on May 10, 2019, 07:16:29 PM
I read an interview with John Thomson,he was going to play a character in series 1 but had to pull out,he said a second series has got the go ahead and he's hoping to do do something for that.
Where did you read this? I tried to find it but with no success. Thanks.

Quote from: cliggg on May 13, 2019, 08:20:03 AM
Where did you read this? I tried to find it but with no success. Thanks.

I think there was an interview with him in the i newspaper recently where he said that.