Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:09:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Kingdom Come Deliverance

Started by Timothy, February 15, 2018, 09:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

Anyone else here that tried it? I'm flabbergasted by all the positive comments from players.

It's not that good.

madhair60

No, however I do have a premium subscription to the streaming site Come Deliverance Kingdom.

Moribunderast

I'm really interested in the setting and premise but right now it looks janky as hell and is apparently full of bugs and glitches. Hopefully it's patched into something nice in the future as I'd like it to be worthwhile. A good medieval game without dragons and magic is something I've wanted for ages.

Timothy

Don't buy it. Seriously. It's really bad.

GRAPHICS
- Pop up
- Framedrops
- Even on PS4 Pro it's quite ugly

GAMEPLAY
- There are no quick saves. You can only save after buying a potion that gets you drunk or when you sleep in bed, unless the bed you sleep in is bugged.
- Lockpick system doesn't work.
- Pickpocket system doesn't work.
- Even when you commit a crime that nobody sees people act like you are a criminal. The crime system is completely broken.
- A lot of boring investigation and fetch quests.
- The combat system is awful. Fighting feels really bad in this game.
- Certain missions require you to stand in a specific spot to trigger a cutscene but the spot is not the spot on the marker on the minimap.

I sold it.

Cerys

Spot the Game Dev who likes The Mission.

wooders1978

Quote from: Timothy on February 16, 2018, 08:02:54 AM
Don't buy it. Seriously. It's really bad.

GRAPHICS
- Pop up
- Framedrops
- Even on PS4 Pro it's quite ugly

GAMEPLAY
- There are no quick saves. You can only save after buying a potion that gets you drunk or when you sleep in bed, unless the bed you sleep in is bugged.
- Lockpick system doesn't work.
- Pickpocket system doesn't work.
- Even when you commit a crime that nobody sees people act like you are a criminal. The crime system is completely broken.
- A lot of boring investigation and fetch quests.
- The combat system is awful. Fighting feels really bad in this game.
- Certain missions require you to stand in a specific spot to trigger a cutscene but the spot is not the spot on the marker on the minimap.

I sold it.

Kinda wish I read this before I bought it on a whim this weekend - technical challenges aside, this is a boring, boring game - must have been about 4 hours of gameplay in and I still hadn't started the tutorial section by all accounts - finally got some instruction on how to fight - outcome - still crap
The NPCs all pretty much say the same thing and there was a brilliant moment when a guard decided to arrest me for no apparent reason and trap me in a corner where I couldn't escape/do anything even surrender
FYI game makers I don't need a reenaction of a country yocal who isn't very good at stuff, that's called real life

Pdine

Isn't this also written by an alt.right cunt?

wooders1978

Quote from: Pdine on September 10, 2018, 06:27:41 PM

Haven't heard that, but everyone is white in the game, it is however set in medieval Central Europe so I think that is understandable

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I really like the setting of the game, and it seems to have atmosphere sections. Looks like it's going for depth so unsurprised it is lacking instant appeal.

The central character is appealling and there's nightmares which are part playable, a nice idea.

Considering it's a smaller developer the lighting in some scenes looks really good, I particularly like the torchlight at night and the adjustment from inside to outside on your visions - yet other textures look barely better than Oblivion.

A bit more behind it to fix bugs, add depth and so on could have turned this into a great title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu-lNi3tCiI

Here's a gameplay vid. Come on, some of this looks fun...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Lemming

I meant to buy this game eventually when it went down in price, but ended up just watching people stream it. Seems ultra-janky but you have to respect ambition and attempts at real mechanical depth, and this game has plenty of both, even if most of it looks like it doesn't come off in the end.

Quote from: Pdine on September 10, 2018, 06:27:41 PM

Daniel Vávra, who is indeed a ginormous twat, although not alt-right as far as I know.

He wrote the game Mafia: City of Lost Haven, which has in my view one of the best videogame stories ever written, so he's got writing cred. He also wrote Mafia 2 however, which was shit, so it all evens out.