Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:07:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Not Going Out Series 9

Started by Malcy, February 15, 2018, 03:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Starts back Friday 9th of March at 9pm BBC1. Looking forward to it. I enjoyed the Xmas one. Might need to do a rewatch of the last series though, don't remember much of it.

Utter Shit

Wasn't as big a fan of the last series, the kids are all dreadful actors and it felt like a much more mundane, safe family comedy. Will stick with it though, as the jokes are still good.

Captain Z

Used to love this but gave up after 2 episodes of the last series. Just Lee and the woman one bickering at each other for 30 mins.

Malcy

Quote from: Captain Z on February 15, 2018, 06:32:03 PM
Used to love this but gave up after 2 episodes of the last series. Just Lee and the woman one bickering at each other for 30 mins.

True to life then...

Press release has an episode guide. 7 Eps this year. http://avalonuk.com/not-going-out-acclaimed-family-chaos-returns-to-bbc-one/

DrGreggles

Weird how this series was cancelled (twice?) when it was pretty good, but is now unstoppable since it became shit.

Malcy

This has been a really solid series. Tonight's was really funny.

Captain Z

Did the girl one do her death stare after Lee got involved in an unfortunate, unlikely series of events involving the sudden reveal of Bobby Ball?

Malcy

Quote from: Captain Z on April 05, 2018, 11:23:34 PM
Did the girl one do her death stare after Lee got involved in an unfortunate, unlikely series of events involving the sudden reveal of Bobby Ball?

Nope.

canadagoose

It's not the same without Tim Vine and Miranda Hart in it, IMO. I was watching one of the older episodes with both of them, and it seemed a lot funnier than the newer ones. I'll probably still watch the rest of series 9, but it's not as laugh-out-loud funny as it used to be.

Bad Ambassador

David Cann plays a doctor in next week's final episode

neveragain

If it actually was the last episode next week, I'd believe you.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: neveragain on April 10, 2018, 11:13:07 AM
If it actually was the last episode next week, I'd believe you.

Last in the present series, I should say. It's been recommissioned forever.

Captain Z

In fairness I watched a couple of these and the Escape Room one was reasonably good - although I can't help but wish the Inside No.9 team had enacted the storyline instead.

The Lurker

I enjoyed that episode too - and the one where they confronted Anna and Toby about their kid stealing a toy key ring. Although I do think at the start of every newer series that they should've just ended it after the wedding episode.