Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:50:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nathan Barley trailers on C4 (Friday 11/02/05, 10pm)

Started by Dr David V, January 20, 2005, 05:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr David V

Between Richard and Judy and The Simpsons on C4 just now they had a hand-held shot of "Dan Ashcroft" and "Claire Ashcroft" with a caption showing their names underneath. So I'm guessing it will a look a bit Curb Your Enthusiasm/The Office-y. Oh, and it had all of its fields intact. Food for thought...

EDIT: www.trashbat.com for trailers, pictures and an amusing spoof phone.

EDIT: Added the transmission date to the title - Friday 11th, 10pm on Channel 4.

Neil

Ooh!  Can someone please get captures of these?  I'll try and tape them but I still haven't got back onto my puter with the encoding card, so it could take me ages to do them.  No music or Morris voice-over then?

imitationleather

Was that for Nathan Barley? Oh. For some reason I thought it was an ad for Big Brother 6.

Dr David V

I think I heard some photocopier noises or something like that. I'll keep a lookout.

kaprisky

Just some bubbly sound effects. And it looked more in the style of a 'modern' sitcom, rather than a videotaped, studio effort.

Rats

damn, I had my back to the telly smoking a fag, missed the whole thing.

I've seen these a few times this evening - I had no idea they were for Nathan Barley! Just grainy footage of someones face with their name printed underneath - I kind of thought they were for a reality show. No voice overs or anything.

tony peanuts

There was a 2 second "Pingu" one after The Simpsons too, presumably aiming for the Hollyoaks audience!
It told me nothing at all about the programme, other than that I'll probably be sick of it before it's even been on if I keep seeing these trails every time I turn on channel 4.

Purple Tentacle

Urgh, I hate teaser trailers.

"Come on little piggies, have a little bit of swill......."

That said.... I'd be interested to see them.....

slim

I'll start recording 4 now in case they're on again, but I'll have to do them at half full-frame if I'm going to encode straight to xvid (which I'll have to due to a lack of disc space).

Is there any way of finding out when they'd air? Then I could record them full frame.

How exciting!

Edit: Misapostrophed.

I really loathe Channel 4's new technique of trailing things densely and endlessly so that it no doubt has a brainwashing effect on the Hollyoaks-viewing crowd. The worst example would be The Games. I don't know if anyone remembers this utterly innocuous reality show where a bunch of C-listers competed in Olympic-style challenges, but the pre-advertising was exhaustive.

Then, when they got hold of The Simpsons, it was flashing up everywhere. Teasers, adverts, teasers inbetween adverts... I couldn't stand it. I shouted about it at the time.

Rats

Dr David V

Yep, they're the ones. So there's those, the Pingu one Tony mentioned, I've no doubt Kevin Eldon will be popping up on screen at some point.

slim

Did you get all of them Rats? If there was more than one, I mean. I've been recording at 384x216 since that last post of mine and wondered if there was any more I'd have got that you missed?

(There's no point me sifting through 3 hours telly to encode it if you've already done it in equal or better quality)

Godzilla Bankrolls

Quote from: "Dr David V"Oh, and it had all of its fields intact.

Doesn't appear to be that way in Rats' clip, dude.

A Passing Turk Slipper

It looks a bit Jammy doesn't it,  what with the background noise and slow motion.

Rats

I just shoved it on record when big brother was finishing, I figured then was when they'd show them, they showed one at the start of the ads and one at the end. So you could have a look, see if the pingu one was shown before 9.

Dr David V

Quote from: "Beloved Aunt"Doesn't appear to be that way in Rats' clip, dude.
Well I'm guessing it's compressed video then, because on telly it definetely is.

butnut

Ah, cheers for that Rats. As you say, there's not a lot there.

Who's in that photo in the first clip, can anyone tell?

butnut

Really? How odd. What secret sign could that mean?

I don't think the show itself will be like Jam, despite the appearences from these. These are just little things to make people go 'ooh, what could this mean?'.

Rats

Yeah, paul weller seems a bit too safe for a supposedly out there magazine.

I'll shove thos in the image archive thing

butnut

Oh yes, I can see it in those caps. Thanks. And it's a signed copy of the photo.

Solid Snail

My Windows Media Player is refusing to play it. Errors downloading codecs. Agh.

I enjoyed the noises though...

slim

Quote from: "Rats"I just shoved it on record when big brother was finishing, I figured then was when they'd show them, they showed one at the start of the ads and one at the end. So you could have a look, see if the pingu one was shown before 9.
Ah, ta for that. No, I think you got both of them, nothing else I could see in the other ad breaks.

A Passing Turk Slipper

The Pingu one was just on. They're not very exciting are they?

imitationleather

I was just about to download them and the Dan Ashcroft one came on again.

Yeah, I fucking hate teasers n'all.