Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:09:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nathan Barley trailers on C4 (Friday 11/02/05, 10pm)

Started by Dr David V, January 20, 2005, 05:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rats

Blimey, they do look good. What kind of card you got there fatty?

edit: and what do you use to chop your mpegs? while I'm at it

TTT

Its a dvb-t card, which is just a freeview card basically. It lets you save exactly what is broadcast so theres no analog-digital conversion taking place.

Neil

Brilliant stuff, thanks hugely Rats and TTT (and slim for having a bash as well), thanks also for uploading the grabs to the Image Archive Rats!  No, they're not very good, I was quite excited when I saw this thread, but the ads are very dull.  I hope the next round of adverts give us some decent comedy to get our teeth into.  Oh, TTT, I finally got upload rights on UkNova so I'll seed those Ev shows for you as soon as I can get some blanks and clear some space!  Sorry to keep you waiting.

TTT

I use "PVA Strumento" to strip the large mpeg files down in seperate broadcasts (it makes a new file everytime it changes aspect ratio).

Then i run these files through "Mpeg 2 Schnitt" to cut out adverts etc.

Then i multiplex the mpv and mpa with "tmpgenc".

edit : Cheers Neil i'll look out for those.

Ta for those, Rats and TTT.

Looks like the Paul Weller signed photo says "I'm feeling mad for it", though there might be some words you can't see. (And maybe it says "fucking" or some variation thereof instead of "feeling")

Rats

it might be signed by noel gallager, that's nearly a joke.

DuncanC

I quite like these - there feels like the real possibility of substance.

Godzilla Bankrolls

Quote from: "DuncanC"I quite like these - there feels like the real possibility of substance.

Yes, that's the conclusion I reached after watching them. Oh no, sorry, I found them annoying and baffling.

Rats

Yeah, they do seem to whisper the promise of something more subdued than I was dreading, there's hope yet comrades.

edit: http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/~peoplesr/forums/archive/index.php/t-26713.html

QuoteMick Huckmall's pink panmcvakes was probably my favourite 'show.'

NONCE-SENSE!

OMFG nurf tehh clock spider! :)

Ha for anyone who accuses us of being 'negative' - 'anti-morris' and wanting to 'hate everything before its even aired' then I refer them to this thread where everyones bubbling with excitement over 2 second silent clips of the actors!

Hans

So does anyone know what the actual plan they have here is?  I assume that after this initial batch they'll show a couple more characters before ending with one of 'NATHAN BARLEY' so everybody will go 'oh I know about that!' in orgasmic revelation.

I'm automatically sceptical of anything that gets teaser trailers.  Especially something like this where it's just so vague unless you know a bit of background about the programme.  Say what you like about how The Office was promoted, it never got this kind of pre-hype.

TJ

Quote from: "Hans"Say what you like about how The Office was promoted, it never got this kind of pre-hype.

*splutters*

Hans

Quote from: "TJ"
Quote from: "Hans"Say what you like about how The Office was promoted, it never got this kind of pre-hype.
*splutters*
I'm not implying that it didn't get hyped, of course it did, saying otherwise would be stupid.  But it didn't get fucking teaster trailers to get everyone talking about it before they even knew what it was.

Quote from: "Hans"
I'm not implying that it didn't get hyped, of course it did, saying otherwise would be stupid.  But it didn't get fucking teaster trailers to get everyone talking about it before they even knew what it was.

Do you think they work though? I'm on this site every bloody day and I still saw that trailer - assumed it was a new E4 type thing and thought nothing of it until i read this thread. I certainly wasn't intrigued by it.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Isn't the use of subliminal teaser-trailers incredibly Nathan Barleyish?

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"Isn't the use of subliminal teaser-trailers incredibly Nathan Barleyish?

Aaaaah. But do you see?   Aaaaaaaah.

Morrisfan82

I dunno, I think promoting the show by starkly introducing images of the characters & their names is quite cool & original.

That is, if Trainspotting hadn't done it 10 years ago & not been tiresomely emulated over and over and over again since.

Ah, bite me.

Right. That's it. I'm not directing those who accuse us of being deliberately negative to this thread after all!

Morrisfan82

Quote from: "Munday's Chylde"Right. That's it. I'm not directing those who accuse us of being deliberately negative to this thread after all!
Sorry! Umm, optimism... well, it could be a parody of that kind of advertising, you never know. In fact, maybe the whole promotional campaign will be one big escalating satirical attack on advertising! Perhaps culminating in a meticulously-choreographed reconstruction of the Shake & Vac advert, with Morris in a dress.

Quote from: "Muteki"
Sorry!.

No its okay - I pooped the party first.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

No matter how thorough and insistent our arguments are, someone'll still start a thread on February 12th called 'So it looks like you guys don't like ANYTHING, huh?' and we'll have to repeat them yet again. So I wouldn't worry either way.

Mister Six

Quote from: "Hans"
Quote from: "TJ"
*splutters*

Yes it did! Intros to the characters and everything.

Rats

Yeah, I'm sure there was one trailer where the camera just panned around the empty office with the music playing.

Quote from: "Rats"Yeah, I'm sure there was one trailer where the camera just panned around the empty office with the music playing.

That was for the xmas special. But yes the original office did have a series of trailers showing the characters talking heads bits. Though I think Hans is implying that it didnt have 'ooh i wonder what that is' trailers - it was clear with the office they were advertising a sitcom called the office. I dont see what difference it makes mind.

butnut

What are the odds on these teasers and any subsequent trailers being the only extras on the DVD?

Quote from: "butnut"What are the odds on these teasers and any subsequent trailers being the only extras on the DVD?

See? Negative are we? We're already discussing the dvd release! How much more positive do you want us?

slim

I notice the font used for the names is the A-Team style, which seems suitably anti-anti-cool.

"Hey look what I did do, it's 80s. But... it's an ironic 80s. We don't really like the 80s because it's not cool to not be not cool to be cool." *jigs*

That's 9-7 to the negative camp.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Lumiere

Quote from: "Muteki"
Quote from: "Munday's Chylde"it could be a parody of that kind of advertising.

Just like Bushwhacked wasn't meant to be funny.

Purple Tentacle

Hmm, I've seen these quite a lot.

Febuary you say? Crikey, it's going to be a long old advertising campaign then......