Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:58:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hardware/software advice - getting back into music recording

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, February 17, 2018, 09:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Yes, EQ will be possible via the DAW you use, by using a VST plugin of some kind, if you're on a PC. REAPER comes equipped with ReaEQ, for example, so if you're using REAPER you won't even have to look around for one.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That's cool then, I regularly use EQ on the DAW I use. Have been thinking up switching to Reaper actually, but found it a little counter-intuitive. Might take the plunge as mine is getting on in years.

spamwangler

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 15, 2018, 08:31:14 PM
Sweet, thanks. I reckon the Behringer ones will do for my purposes. And not meaning to be disrespectful by shunning those other ones but they do seem a little like a luxury on my budget and my plans. No idea what ORTF means.

I understand what EQ means but practically speaking, what will that involve me needing to do? The audio interface doesn't appear to have much in that respect - only gain etc, so are we talking about software EQ?

So eq, in these digital days is mainly done after recording, with software - most software comes with programs for doing this, and there's some super free ones also , so no extra needed for this

What software you planning to record with ?

spamwangler

Sorry no sleep didnt see you'd already answerd that one