Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:35:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump #7 - Kremlin's in the system

Started by Mister Six, February 18, 2018, 08:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Quote from: Alberon on May 16, 2018, 10:48:41 AM
It's a particularly dim thing to say since the end result for Gaddafi was sub-optimal at best.

They say it's one of the worst ways to go.

ajsmith2

Senate concludes 'yes collusion' fwiw.

Massive No Collusion tweetstorm  today, though I guess those are so routine by now it's not noteworthy.

ajsmith2

Quote from: manticore on May 17, 2018, 05:17:21 PM
Does it? Link?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-russia-probe-senate-investigation-us-election-house-probe-a8354786.html

Other sources are less definitive in their wording though, admittedly. I just read the above on my phone and thought that was the tone across the board.

newbridge

Blumf

Just because we haven't had any Ben Garrison madness for a while:

https://grrrgraphics.com/trump-making-the-grade/

ajsmith2

That cartoons by Garrison's wife btw, who now does a regular Tuesday slot called 'Tina's Toons'. You can tell her stuff apart cos it's much less ornate with less signage.

Can't copy it here as on my phone, but I was quite shocked and surprised by the accompanying next for today's Garrison cartoon, which shows Iran and Israel as 2 angry jumps of the same camel, but what's really shocking is that the text refers unironically to 'hard work by (Bill) Clinton' pursuing peace in the Middle East in the 90s. I'm stunned to see Garrison write anything positive in any way about the Clintons.

Bhazor

But it does go to show they don't give a shit about any actual policies or results. Just so long as it gets rid of everything that horrible black guy did. NOT THAT RACE HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT OF COURSE!

Ben's latest is one of his dullest cartoons ever. That is apart from the weird sexy eyes on the camel.

He also quite weirdly praises Bill Clinton

QuoteNearly twenty years ago, Yasser Arafat turned down the best peace deal ever offered to the Palestinians by Israel.

I won't go into it here, but it was a generous deal helped made possible by the hard work of Clinton and many others. Why did Yasser string them along only to say 'no sir' at the very last minute? Because he preferred jihad. His heart was filled with hate. He and his ilk wanted to drive the Israelis into the sea. The Palestinians wanted war—their hate insists upon it still. Hate is too well embedded into their psyches. They teach hate to their young children, so it's passed down through the generations. There can be no peace among people of such irreconcilable mindsets. It's similar to that 'Star Trek' episode in which the half black and half white aliens were so at odds with each other that peace was impossible. Even after everyone on their planet was killed in a massive civil war, they still fought each other. Hate was all they had left.

Israel has been in existence for 70 years now. It's not going away. They have a right to defend themselves. Iran's theocracy continually threatens to destroy Israel and they may be working on nuclear weapons to make that possible. Meanwhile, they fight a proxy war against Israel in Syria and elsewhere. Israel is threatening war to stop Iran from getting such nukes. America sends Israel massive amounts of money in aid—including military aid. I did a search and found the US gives Israel $10 million in aid. Per day. When will that end? Apparently, never. We are also allies with Saudi Arabia who fund Muslim extremists, terrorists and Wahhabism. McCain and Obama helped fund ISIS even though we were supposedly fighting ISIS. Gaddafi agreed to all of our peace terms and then Hillary had him whacked. The Saudi Crown Prince criticized Palestinian leaders for rejecting peace plans with Israel. Maybe because the Saudis are aligned with Israel in their hatred for Iran. Confused yet? Well, I am.

This was the peace deal that involved the state of Palestine being reduced to three isolated communities surrounded on all sides by Israeli checkpoints and the total forfeiture of Jerusalem while returning less than 1% of the settlements seized by Israel.

Blumf

Quote from: ajsmith2 on May 21, 2018, 10:18:43 PM
That cartoons by Garrison's wife btw, who now does a regular Tuesday slot called 'Tina's Toons'. You can tell her stuff apart cos it's much less ornate with less signage.

Oh yeah, forgot she was doing stuff too. And you're right, not as much flair as Ben's.

Jakey Chesterton

Quote from: Blumf on May 22, 2018, 12:08:45 AM
Oh yeah, forgot she was doing stuff too. And you're right, not as much flair as Ben's.

The Garrisons are Samsara-bound soma-smokers compared to the level David Dees is operating on:

Open your third eye... come and see...

http://ddees.com/

bgmnts

'Yet another staged hoax'

As mentally funny as that is, can you imagine being a parent of a dead child from Sandy Hook or whatever and seeing that?

newbridge

Quote from: Jakey Chesterton on May 22, 2018, 12:44:35 AM

Like the fly fishing in a stagnant pond one, another Real Life Man's Man (tm) who knows the most efficient way to utilize a tower crane.

Twed

Why would they lift the parts of the wall so high up only to plomp them down again?

Bhazor

Again. How the hell do you parody these people? That's the real danger. Too vindictive to debate too dumb to argue and too whatever the hell you'd call that to parody. The best bet is to use it against them. Create consiparcys about how Bernie is the prophesied star fucker who will over throw the atlantan lizard jews, that voting booths are secret government vacination stations and that infowars is funded by Soros.

That or just hope a good flu outbreak polishes them off.

newbridge

Quote from: Twed on May 22, 2018, 01:03:39 AM
Why would they lift the parts of the wall so high up only to plomp them down again?

To get their money's worth for having to disassemble and reposition the crane every other day.

Dex Sawash

steve98

Chemtrails I expect. The word(s)"ALUMINIUM" are coming from the plane's exhausts. (There's also a barcode tower thinggy there, but I dunno why).

BlodwynPig

Is that the Palestinian flag on the suitcase?

ajsmith2

Quote from: Jakey Chesterton on May 22, 2018, 12:44:35 AM
The Garrisons are Samsara-bound soma-smokers compared to the level David Dees is operating on:

He really lost the plot without the steadying influence of Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich.

Blumf

Alberon

Looks like Trump's Nobel prize is in danger of slipping from his grasp.

The North Koreans are saying, with actually some justification, that they've made all the concessions so far. Also, what the word denuclearisation means to either side is quite different. North Korea's version seems to be that they'll do it as the rest of the world does.

Bolton's likening the situation to Libya seems to have been a deliberate attempt to scrap the talks rather than unwitting idiocy.

Despite hard words from both sides I think the talks will go ahead though I doubt they'll result in anything substantive. But I don't think that's North Korea's goal. Now they have a nuclear bomb, no matter how crude it is, they can move forward with normalising global relations.

As many of us have said over the years - North Korea acts like it is much much more crazy than it really is.

steveh

But they've already done the commemorative coin:

Twed

That looks so much like a Bill Plympton Twiglets advert.

Alberon

That sort of tat is standard issue for big summits apparently so it may, amazingly, have nothing to do with Trump.

But it has been pointed out that there is no official position called 'Supreme Leader' in the North Korean hierarchy.

gilbertharding

Shame they didn't plump for 'Grand Poobah'

ajsmith2

Quote from: Twed on May 23, 2018, 11:53:02 AM
That looks so much like a Bill Plympton Twiglets advert.

plus one karma!

BlodwynPig

how can you have peace talks if there is no war?

Paul Calf

newbridge

The Korean War has technically never ended. One of the things Kim and Moon discussed last month was finally signing a peace treaty.

Of course, the American Republicans will inevitably torpedo any sort of progress here and make everyone worse off. (Saying "Trump" would be absurd, as if he has any sort of decision-making authority in anything the White House does. His handlers tell him what to "do")