Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:49:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump #7 - Kremlin's in the system

Started by Mister Six, February 18, 2018, 08:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colacentral

"This will annoy China."

If I'd known this would be a new page I never would have clicked post.

Crisps?

I honestly quite like the idea of a Trump Hotel in Pyongyang, just for bizarreness value. It doesn't even seem that unbelievable any more.

Danger Man

I intend to make my debut in the 'what do you look like?' thread with a snap taken outside the Trump golf course in Dubai.

http://www.trumpgolfdubai.com/

QuoteWe have our popular Quiz Night every Tuesday at 8pm

Fake quiz

JohnnyCouncil

Could it be his second term perhaps?
NK go off the rails in a couple of years, things escalate and Trump gets to act like the peacemaking statesman when they fall back into line.

Hugely speculative but then again what isn't.

newbridge

Whoop, thought they'd at least give it a day. Pence now clarifying that military exercises will continue.

Howj Begg

Yep. Amazing how many gullible people have been completely taken in by Donald fucking Trump again, including in this here very forum thread. Amazing scenes. Some people never learn. Ive always been immune to his charms myself, but I had to study the attractiveness of narcissists this year, and clearly it works. Incredible to me. How many fuckups, failures, lies, and complete reversals from the shit he himself has promised in ignorance does he have to perpetrate before anyone out of his fanclub gets wise to him?

Bhazor

Quote from: newbridge on June 12, 2018, 09:24:30 PM
Whoop, thought they'd at least give it a day. Pence now clarifying that military exercises will continue.

Isn't peace wonderful. Trump saving the world. Titty we're sorry we doubted you and your faith in Trump's genius.

Cloud

Quote from: newbridge on June 12, 2018, 09:24:30 PM

Not at all surprised, but sauce?  It's not saying that on Beeb News.

Alberon

I've seen it reported elsewhere. Pence apparently said it to senators in a closed door session and denied it when one of the senators spoke out.

His office has now said that training between the South Korean and US military will continue, but that is totally different from the war games that are being stopped.

No one seems to be coming out and saying it, but several reports I've read seem to suggest S Korea was not aware of the war games concession before Trump announced it.

manticore

Quote from: Howj Begg on June 12, 2018, 09:42:49 PM
Yep. Amazing how many gullible people have been completely taken in by Donald fucking Trump again, including in this here very forum thread. Amazing scenes. Some people never learn. Ive always been immune to his charms myself, but I had to study the attractiveness of narcissists this year, and clearly it works. Incredible to me. How many fuckups, failures, lies, and complete reversals from the shit he himself has promised in ignorance does he have to perpetrate before anyone out of his fanclub gets wise to him?

A few people here have been talking about 'provisionally', 'cautiously' supporting what is happening despite the fact that he's a 'shithead'. Nobody is charmed by him. It's his very narcissism that he wants to be seen as a great peacemaker and dealmaker that's the tiny hope here.

But well done for always being immune to his charms, just like 80% of the world's population and almost every person on this board (maybe apart from biggy sort of for a while). I like you Howj Begg, but this subject really doesn't seem to bring out the best in you. That was an abysmal post there.

colacentral

Quote from: Alberon on June 12, 2018, 10:49:02 PM
I've seen it reported elsewhere. Pence apparently said it to senators in a closed door session and denied it when one of the senators spoke out.

His office has now said that training between the South Korean and US military will continue, but that is totally different from the war games that are being stopped.

No one seems to be coming out and saying it, but several reports I've read seem to suggest S Korea was not aware of the war games concession before Trump announced it.

So, what? They'll keep doing drills with South Korea but the troops are no longer allowed to play PUBG?

BlodwynPig

Some of those Korean soldiers playing war games had grandfathers playing the same war games and both never saw a day of war. "Child, when you grow up I want you to follow in my foot steps, literally...that's right, just pace up and down with this gun in your hand for 4 hours a day...what for? Peace, my child...peace"

biggytitbo

Trumps war games statement was just him having one of his occasional moments of clarity off script that no other politician would ever say. Not going to happe, at least in the near future but the great thing about him saying something like that is it exposes the entire US political and media eddtablishment as more right wing than Donald fucking Trump on foreign policy and as the shameless warmongering whores they are. Ever since he got in the most consistent complaint from liberals and the 'resistance' about his foreign policy is it isn't aggressive or strident enough, thats how mad it is. I mean the US helped SA commit another war crime in Yemen yesterday and not a peep from them, whilst theyvwhinge and moan about a peace conference, they have absolutely lost the plot.

Paul Calf

What do you mean by "...more right wing...on foreign policy"?

Paul Calf

What do you think will happen when other countries realise that all you have to do to get Trump to the table agreeing to your demands is to offer him personal inducements and threaten the US and their allies with nuclear strikes and war?

biggytitbo

https://truthout.org/video/professor-bruce-cumings-us-bombing-in-korea-more-destructive-than-damage-to-germany-japan-in-wwii/

QuoteSecond, you know, Donald Trump has this kind of innocence. He looks at the Korean problem with innocent eyes. He says that it's ridiculous that there hasn't been a peace treaty signed, you know, shortly after the war ended in 1953 or sometime in the last 60 years. And he's right about that.

But I agree with Tim Shorrock that the most stunning thing was for him to talk about the war exercises being provocative, not to mention stopping them or at least suspending them. When Barack Obama was president and there was a particular crisis involving North Korean missile or bomb tests, he would send nuclear-capable bombers to drop dummy atomic bombs on Korean islands. As Tim said, the war games often involved attempts to knock over the North Korean regime, plans to send the Marines in at the port of Wonsan to march on Pyongyang in the early stages of a war and the use of nuclear weapons in the Korean theater. So, I think it was very important that these war games were canceled. But it's also quite revealing of somebody who doesn't know a whole lot about the situation—namely, Donald Trump—looking at the situation and saying, "Wait a minute, this is not only expensive, but it's also very provocative."

bgmnts

Misspelt ignorance, easy mistake to make.

Crisps?

Come on, biggy. What do you think will happen when Trump starts agreeing to things other countries want rather than bombing them if they don't do everything (some in) the US wants. It would be madness.

biggytitbo

Yeah I like how its framed by the US media as him giving 'what other countries want' as if its some concession by the US not to hold inflammatory and provocative war games on another countries border, rather than them being massively in the wrong. Maddow ominously pointing out Russia has a border with N Korea, geography is now news apparently, and implying like everyone else these days that there is a Russian plot going on.

Paul Calf

Cuellar

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 13, 2018, 07:27:06 AM
I mean the US helped SA commit another war crime in Yemen yesterday and not a peep from them

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/11/trump-yemen-saudi-arabi-war-us-involvement-worsening-crisis

Tweet here from Scott Dworkin, who claims to help lead #TheResistance:

QuoteThe US military helped bomb a Doctors Without Borders treatment facility today.

REPEAT

The US military helped bomb a Doctors Without Borders treatment facility today.

Apparently America is now openly committing war crimes under the Trump regime in Yemen. This is appalling.

Tweet from an account CALLED #TheResistance:

QuoteTrump's Yemen coalition just bombed a Doctors Without Borders hospital http://j.mp/2JD0qrK

I mean these things are easily checkable.

biggytitbo

Yeah I know some people reported about it, thats how I knew about it - do you think I'm on the ground in Yemen myself or something?

Don't be a dick though, you know full well it got virtually no coverage at all in the msm, not just because they don't care but because the same people that don't care but profess to be the liberal resistance were too busy attacking actual peace talks from the right of Donald Trump.

jobotic

So why is what's happening in Yemen nothing to do with Trump?

Cuellar

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 13, 2018, 09:55:30 AM
Yeah I know some people reported about it, thats how I knew about it - do you think I'm on the ground in Yemen myself or something?

Don't be a dick though, you know full well it got virtually no coverage at all in the msm, not just because they don't care but because the same people that don't care but profess to be the liberal resistance were too busy attacking actual peace talks from the right of Donald Trump.

I'm not being a dick. Your comment that the #theresistance crowd made 'no peep' about Yemen made me wonder if they had or not. Turns out they absolutely did make a peep and continue to do so, so I don't know why you'd say they didn't. I'm not talking about the mainstream media here.

biggytitbo

Well they don't really do they, considering they number in the millions and compose of most of the American media, which hardly ever talk about Yemen because they're too busy lambasting Trump for not being a big enough warmonger.

See for yourself - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=yemen+cholera+treatment&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiCjJrwpdDbAhXBLlAKHZtkCfoQ_AUICigB&biw=1440&bih=803

Almost all the specific reports are from obscure or alternative news sites, and when the war crime is covered by the msm at all its obfuscated in a story about the 'conflict', in the same way unarmed Palestinian protesters are invariably described as 'dying' in 'conflicts' rather than 'murdered by Israeli troops'.

biggytitbo

Quote from: jobotic on June 13, 2018, 10:04:02 AM
So why is what's happening in Yemen nothing to do with Trump?

He's responsible for it, as is May. The point is the political and media establishment on both sides support our alliance with Saudi Arabia in their war crimes in Yemen, and Israel with their war crimes in Gaza. Which is why they lie relentlessly, obfuscate and bury news about those things, whilst simultaneously kicking up a massive fuss when he's not more strident and aggressively hawkish with North Korea or Russia.

Cuellar

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 13, 2018, 10:17:03 AM
Well they don't really do they

Yes, as I've shown.

Your search terms are also quite narrow there. Plenty in the 'mainstream' news about the war in Yemen, and the US's involvement.

I feel also that the 'mainstream media' are slightly distracted by the most historic summit ever seen in the history of the world ever that just took place in North Korea.

Almost as if it was a cynical PR move at heart. If Trump had wanted to really help, why not put something in this agreement about human rights in North Korea? Because then Kim might not sign and he might not get a photo op? Strong.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Cuellar on June 13, 2018, 10:28:51 AM
Yes, as I've shown.

No, you found a few examples. Well done, but you know full well they are not representative in any way.

Cuellar

Representative of 'millions' of people?

How many tweets would you need to see for it to be statistically significant?

Your original claim wasn't that 'a significant number of 'the resistance' liberals made no peep about Yemen'. You said there was 'no' peep.

Well, there was.