Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:39:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump #7 - Kremlin's in the system

Started by Mister Six, February 18, 2018, 08:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryton

Quote from: Twed on August 22, 2018, 08:35:54 PM
My god, thinking this is about choosing a data source wins you the gold medal in point missing.

Let's just go with your implied message, which is "all enemies of the West are inhuman monsters by default and blowing up children to wipe them out is the correct thing to do". A belief that makes you a tool in the purest sense of the work, as you are usefully spreading the propaganda needed to keep genuinely rotten people in power.

Not spreading any propaganda. I just don't think that asking for credible data sources from a regime with a track record of child-rape, murder, torture, suicide bombings, kidnapping, ransoms, slaying of infidels and global terrorism is worthy of anything.

I know it might blow your tiny mind - but it's equally possible to hate Neo-con foreign policy as it is to hate Islamic terrorism.

Kryton

Quote from: Paul Calf on August 22, 2018, 08:36:42 PM
Oh, it's HangTheBuggers isn't it?

Forget I spoke.

Oh it's Ashbury the 'deep-cover liberal' troll is it?
Forget it.

Zetetic

I don't think Twed meant 'valid' in the sense of 'data validity' - accuracy, timeliness, consistency and so on - but 'valid' in the sense of a 'valid argument'.

I believe he was questioning either or both the moral and pragmatic basis of going from "Look at these bad people"* to "Let's do some bombing".

* Or if you prefer, "Look at the bad things the people have done."

Kryton

All I'm saying is - It's perfectly possible to not have to choose to take the side of ISIS when you can reasonably be against right wing foreign policy. I know Paul Calf has a low IQ, but there's a ton of intelligent folk on this forum who can see that you don't need to choose the lesser of two evils when you can be against a global power AND murderous Islamic terrorism.

ISIS are NOT freedom fighters, even if it does kind of satisfy the Paul Calf childlike mentality.

You can be against both and not have to feel bad.

QuoteHe was questioning either or both the moral and pragmatic basis of going from "Look at these bad people" to "Let's do some bombing".

I fully understand it, but without context or knowledge of the poster it's very easy for the far-right to take the likes of that statement as some kind of literal notion.

Twed

Quote from: Zetetic on August 22, 2018, 08:42:39 PM
I don't think Twed meant 'valid' in the sense of 'data validity' - accuracy, timeliness, consistency and so on - but 'valid' in the sense of a 'valid argument'.

I believe he was questioning either or both the moral and pragmatic basis of going from "Look at these bad people"* to "Let's do some bombing".

* Or if you prefer, "Look at the bad things the people have done."
Thank you.

DrGreggles

I'm not a fan of ISIS.
Far too unstable and unreliable.

Edit: I meant IKEA. Always mix them up.
Great meatballs though, one of them.

Twed

Quote from: Kryton on August 22, 2018, 08:42:49 PMI fully understand it, but without context or knowledge of the poster it's very easy for the far-right to take the likes of that statement as some kind of literal notion.
If you were taking it literally you would have inferred the question as intended. If I wrote "how come you don't believe these statistics published by ISIS?" you'd have some kind of point.

Zetetic

As an aside, while I'd like to believe (for personal reasons) that data usability goes hand-in-hand with upstanding morals, I'm not sure the relationship is straightforward.

Although I suspect that the standards for data usability by the SS were generally pretty low actually.

BlodwynPig

Mister Six

None of this has anything to do with Donald Trump, you boring fucks.

Squink

Whenever I see the name Lanny Davis I am instantly reminded of Anton and Lally Sampson from TDT.

Twed

It makes me think more of Laurel Davis.

ZoyzaSorris

Lanny davis really is a fucking awful cunt that represents the very worst of what is wrong with the corporate democrat cabal. I remember from his days of helping out dreadful right wing arseholes in latin america.