Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:59:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump #7 - Kremlin's in the system

Started by Mister Six, February 18, 2018, 08:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

"We'll drop our barely-extant nuclear programme if you withdraw South Korea's entire defence against their biggest threat: us."

They don't even need to be that sophisticated when they're dealing with simpletons like this.

Bhazor

I'm sure they'll get him to super double pinkie swear to dismantle his nuclear weapons. Just y'know, so long as you promise not to look.

I mean if you can't trust tyrannical totalitarian dictators who can you trust?

RenegadeScrew

"North Korea is expressing a will for a complete denuclearization," Moon told reporters.

"They have not attached any conditions that the U.S. cannot accept, such as the withdrawal of American troops from South Korea. All they are expressing is the end of hostile policies against North Korea, followed by a guarantee of security."

tenmen

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
4m
North Korea has agreed to suspend all Nuclear Tests and close up a major test site. This is very good news for North Korea and the World - big progress! Look forward to our Summit.

Nobel Peace Prize on the way?

manticore

It certainly sounds like good news. Now if people would leave Trump alone and let him get out of Syria and reduce tensions with Russia that would be nice. I mean, let the mutha do some good before he's impeached and we get bloody Pence.

Meanwhile teachers are in revolt all over the place against low tax on big corporations and cuts to education, which is encouraging.

BlodwynPig

Wouldn't it be funny if Trump was responsible for a lasting World Peace.

Alberon

North Korea's self ban on missile testing is carefully worded. It can be read as they don't need to test more as it is perfected. And the pledge to denuclearise hasn't been mentioned by them officially at all.

I still seriously doubt North Korea's plans. I find it so unlikely they'd give up their nuclear weapons under any circumstances. And their position that nuclear armed states don't get bombed as opposed to, for instance, Syria is very rational.

Finding out what their game plan is will be interesting.

Paul Calf

The North Korean government and diplomatic corps know they can outwit Trump by playing to his monstrous ego, so they're going to talk to him. It's a tactic they use all the time: find out what your negotiating adversary most values and offer a simulacrum of it.

If Trump was kept in power by the realpolitik of the North Korean government...imagine that.

ajsmith2

Quote from: tenmen on April 20, 2018, 11:57:34 PM
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
4m
North Korea has agreed to suspend all Nuclear Tests and close up a major test site. This is very good news for North Korea and the World - big progress! Look forward to our Summit.

Nobel Peace Prize on the way?

I can't be the only one who had to check the original tweet to make sure it didn't include the last sentence of that post. It really wouldn't have surprised me if it had done.

ajsmith2

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 21, 2018, 02:02:35 AM

Yeah, maybe he'll end up doing more overall good than Obama, despite being a much more of complete cunt. Maybe the moral of this story will be 'reckless and sleepwalking beats cautious and measured'. Maybe N.Korea will be Trumps equiv to Nixon's China. All bets are off. We shall see.

Paul Calf

Fuck me.

Hey, Little Rocket Man!

Yes, idiot dotard?

We both gotta problem. We can help each other. You seen Strangers Onna Train?

I am not interested in your decadent Western entertainment shows, but my father was a fan, I believe.

Well anyway, you wanna keep Juchin' them commies, right? - big fan by the way. Keeps the poors in line. Wish we could do it here, keep 'em off Mar a Lago - and having your picture in the world's media next to the president with the greatest inauguration crowd in history would be a big help. Yuge help. Thing is, I've got a few business deals to conclude and they kind of involve still being president and not being in prison.

I see. And we've backed ourselves into something of a corner with this nuclear thing haven't we?

We have that, little Kimmy. So here's the deal: you offer to stop nuclear testing, I'll offer to 'reduce the threat' (whatever the hell that means) and clueless liberal idiots will hail us as harbingers of world peace even though I'm still murdering unimportant brown people in Central Asia and you're starving, torturing and imprisoning millions of your own people. We meet up - I've got some old VHSes that'll blow your mind - call it a summit and the whole world will remember us for solving war, not for being spoilt toddlers who were handed everything they ever had on a silver platter

Come on, decadent dotard. The poor are contemptibly stupid, but they're not that stupid.

* Trump looks around the Oval Office. His eyes alight on the Crying Boy painting, the chocolate fountain modelled on Melania's breast and the 8-ft solid gold scale model of his own penis

I'm gonna take that bet, Kimmy.

bgmnts

Couldnt give less of a shit if N.Korea sort their poxy nuclear armaments out when the big cunts like America and Russia et al have thousands. Whats the point?

It's very suspicious as to why all of a sudden after months of missile testing and posturing NK are all sweetness and light. They've seen the clown in charge of the US as their easy ticket to sanction easement, just pander to his ego and make the right noises about nuclear disarmament and job's a good un. As to whether they give up any of the nuclear program that they've spent decades working on and which seems to be working in their favour at the moment? I doubt it very much...

newbridge

None of this is new. The United States will quickly break whatever paltry "promises" it makes and the whole thing will escalate again. The only rational solution is complete withdrawal of U.S. forces from East Asia and permitting North Korea to reenter the world economy.

But the United States government thinks it never needs to actually commit to anything, because in truth it does not want these type of conflicts to ever go away.

newbridge

Quote from: ajsmith2 on April 21, 2018, 11:06:19 AM
Yeah, maybe he'll end up doing more overall good than Obama, despite being a much more of complete cunt. Maybe the moral of this story will be 'reckless and sleepwalking beats cautious and measured'. Maybe N.Korea will be Trumps equiv to Nixon's China. All bets are off. We shall see.

This surely has very little to do with Trump, and everything to do with the fact that South Korea has a non-reactionary leader for the first time in decades. Not that the Western media will ever acknowledge that the leaders of non-Western countries exist as anything other than photographic props.

Dex Sawash

Trump in own goal tweet says Cohen will not flip

RenegadeScrew

Quote from: newbridge on April 21, 2018, 03:17:57 PM
None of this is new. The United States will quickly break whatever paltry "promises" it makes and the whole thing will escalate again. The only rational solution is complete withdrawal of U.S. forces from East Asia and permitting North Korea to reenter the world economy.

But the United States government thinks it never needs to actually commit to anything, because in truth it does not want these type of conflicts to ever go away.

It isn't that easy surely.  From a South Korean pov, the complete withdrawal of US troops would basically mean they'd be ruled by China (as opposed to the US).  It is difficult to know how China would react obviously, but not unimaginable to think they'd act in the same expansionist and madman way the US do.  I mean it is to China what Mexico or something is to the US.

I agree the US are happy with the 'conflict' especially when it is 'cold'.  But North Korea obviously serves a lot of Chinese interests too.

Bhazor

Dex Sawash

Fambo Number Mive

Murdoch news reporting that Trump could visit the UK in July. Will May ask him about the disrespect some Americans are showing online for the UK?

Cuellar

So Kanye West has a signed MAGA hat.

Jack Shaftoe

Also, from the Guardian:

QuoteBeijing is particularly concerned about the North's nuclear tests, since the Punggye-ri site is less than 100km (60 miles) from the border with China.

North Korean nuclear tests have caused seismic events in Chinese border towns and cities, forcing evacuations of schools and offices, sparking fears of wind-borne radiation and leading to a backlash among some Chinese against their country's unpredictable traditional ally. Chinese authorities have said they've detected no radiation risk from the tests.

Interesting.

Buelligan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 21, 2018, 02:02:35 AM

All he has to do is push one little button.  So easy, even an idiot could do it.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Jack Shaftoe on April 26, 2018, 06:03:05 AM
Also, from the Guardian:

Quote...Chinese authorities have said they've detected no radiation risk from the tests...

Interesting.

High-cred source then? ;)

Twed

He's winking because he's suggesting that China is in fact not a credible source. It's very clever

Paul Calf

BlodwynPig

Paul Calf

Ah.

Sorry, I didn't realise.

I implicitly trust everything said by the right-wing, authoritarian, journalist-disappearing, internet-censoring, secret-prison-maintaining, enemy-of-the-state-torturing Chinese government.

* Paul Calf taps

Is this thing on?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 26, 2018, 01:30:29 PM
Ah.

Sorry, I didn't realise.

I implicitly trust everything said by the right-wing, authoritarian, journalist-disappearing, internet-censoring, secret-prison-maintaining, enemy-of-the-state-torturing ChineseWestern government.

* Paul Calf taps

Is this thing on?