Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:54:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fortnite Battle Royale

Started by Blue Jam, February 19, 2018, 10:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

I'm too dumb for games like this. No strategy. Just stay in one spot until someone twats me. And fuck crafting, I hate crafting as a game mechanic.

Can't stop playing though.

itsfredtitmus

Somehow got worse and my friend that plays on Xbox is now 10 times better than me

Mango Chimes

Switch on Fortnight.

Static loading screen 1. Static loading screen 2. Static loading screen 1. Static loading screen 2.  Static loading screen 1. Static loading screen 2.  Static loading screen 1. Static loading screen 2. Another screen with lots of tiny options. Everything is attached to a different button. Fumble a way to press the Play button.

You're a person with some other people standing around. What? Oh, now it's snapped to a bus in the air with a countdown. Now you're prompted to jump.

You fall to the ground.

Walk into a shed. Smash some things with your pickaxe. See a gun. Work out how to pick it up. Oh, not that. There's a big seethrough shed wall in front of you. No. No, stop that. Squint at the tiny icons. Oh, okay, that button. Pick it up. Squint at the icons. Okay, press X to switch to the gun. Walk outside. Some jittery bouncing nightmare judders and slides at you and you're dead. Start again.

Do everything above again. Walk into a shed. Work out again how to pick up the gun. And how to switch to it. Cool. Decide to sit tight, ready to shoot the next person who comes through that door.

Three minutes and nobody has come through that door. No noise, no sign of anyone. Bored. Go outside. Walk towards the middle of the circle thing. See a nook in a cliff-face. Sit there waiting for anyone to come into view. No one does. Oh, there's something in the far distance across a lake. Oh, they've gone.

By the notifications and the countdown thing, you see you're now in the final 25 people. You could presumably stay here for another five minutes doing fuck all and get into the top ten. But you're bored. So you go for a walk. A low-frame rate bouncing man with a gun appears. You join him in bouncing around and circle strafe each other. You get killed.

Realise you don't like this.

Go back to Splatoon.

Mate, you are one miserable get sometimes.

QDRPHNC

Bhazor

Fortnite? Forkshite, more like.

BritishHobo

I get that the point is that it's one and done, if you're out you're out, but this would be so much better if you could jump quickly into another game. It's all so samey. I couldn't give a fig about seeing how the battle plays out, I wanna play. If I die quick I wanna be in another game quick, not holding down a button to get back to the menu to choose to play again and wait. Any momentum is stalled constantly.

I mean, you are literally out of your fucking mind. You can get back to the lobby and a new game in five seconds.

BritishHobo

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 22, 2018, 09:21:31 PM
I mean, you are literally out of your fucking mind. You can get back to the lobby and a new game in five seconds.

Yeah but I can't be bothered to

I'm getting better at this, shooting people and all that. Still don't bother making my own structures except sometimes stairs to get up somewhere.

Had a good one yesterday where I just stormed someone's tower, fucked them up with a shotgun and found they had a rocket launcher with 20 rockets. Blew everything up for a bit but then got sniped. Came third.

Dog Botherer

I give it a month and everyone will be bored of it.

Remember when PUBG was supposed to destroy Fortnite?

Remember PUBG?

falafel

It's weird though because this feels almost exactly the same except the jumping is maybe higher and there is building which honestly to me just feels hideously tacked-on (although isn't the building part ironically one of the main selling points of the original Fortnite?). Easy to get into the top 10 or 5 but then lots of jumping about and strafing or hiding with boring standoffs. Bit weird. Time-consuming too. Feels faddish.

Cloud

Quote from: Kelvin on June 13, 2018, 07:42:10 AM
I tried it this morning, but found it a bit overwealming. Could do with a quick training mode, or at the very least, a few screens explaining the basics.

Definitely.  I had a go and had no idea what I was supposed to do for the first game.  Which for battle royale, fine, you die and turn to the internet or pick up some clues from the death cam.  But the default mode was teams - great so I let a team down getting killed in about 5 seconds because I had no idea what to do!
Still can't figure out how to customise my avatar.  Seemingly it's female on iOS and male on the same account on the PC.

Not really got into it but I downloaded it after it came up in the news for being ridiculously addictive and something about a kid needing rehab.  I dreamt about playing it before I'd even played it properly so maybe there is something in it with the human psyche.

Kelvin

Love their summary of the game at the end of the article. A survival game where players team up to fight zombies.

Quote from: bgmnts on July 07, 2018, 11:10:07 PM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/07/school-bans-flossing-fortnite-dance-moves-intimidating-children/amp/

I thought that dance was called The Swish.

I never play video games, but I love watching Dr Disrespect playing it on Twitch, then again I love watching Dr Disrespect play anything on Twitch.

I live in The Netherlands and the other day had a conversation with a 7 year old who spoke remarkably good English which he had learnt from watching Ali-A playing Fortnite on YouTube.

Ferris

Played 2 games, got crushed. Fuckers keep building walls so you can't get good shots on them! It's advanced too far for me. I'd need to put serious time in just to become bad at it (instead of utter shite) and I just don't want to make that kind of investment.

Sorry fortnite :(