Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:40:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster - Series 6

Started by olliebean, February 22, 2018, 10:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
They're very white though. Like a nuclear explosion contained in a mouth.

DrGreggles

New ep* was back on top form, I thought.

Bad Ambassador

Eight... bollocked... cats.

AsparagusTrevor

I haven't watched the online episode yet but I thought the last few weeks have been progressively better. Last week I loved Tim's lobster measurement and the team task where everyone ignored Liza, who ended up completing the task on her own. The final task wasn't as creative as others though.

olliebean

Alice Levine's warm ham is a mental image that will haunt me for quite a while.

Utter Shit

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on June 07, 2018, 08:53:49 AM
I haven't watched the online episode yet but I thought the last few weeks have been progressively better.

Agreed, the first two were crap, but it's got better and better to the point that I now really look forward to them again. The slow/dramatic parachute task was so much fun.

Yep, episodes five and six have been great fun. There's finally some chemistry between the contestants and Tim looks like he's really enjoying himself.

This has gone brilliant again.

DrGreggles

Small Man Big Horse

Didn't find the eighth episode that great unfortunately, their was potential there but the dot to dot task was bland, and I can't believe how rubbish the 'remarkable things in common' bit was. Hate to say it but I think Asim might be the worst contestant they've ever had, he's just ridiculously boring throughout.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 14, 2018, 09:04:03 PM
Didn't find the eighth episode that great unfortunately, their was potential there but the dot to dot task was bland, and I can't believe how rubbish the 'remarkable things in common' bit was. Hate to say it but I think Asim might be the worst contestant they've ever had, he's just ridiculously boring throughout.

Yeah Asim is by far the worst person they've had on. Bland, totally forgettable, he doesnt even fuck up the tasks in an interesting or funny way. The fact they have someone like him on now doesnt fill me with hope for future series, I hope Asim was just a misstep and it doesnt mean theyre already scraping the bottom of the barrel for contestants. I love Tarbuck, shes always great in anything shes in, but its worrying that there is a tv presenter and radio dj in the line up when it used to be all comedians, is british comedy really so bereft of interesting people now?

DrGreggles

That Lolly woman (s4?) was shit too. Probably worse than Asim, as at least he seems fairly affable.
They've had a pretty high success rate overall though.

andy33

I like Asim. It's true he's mostly spectacularly shit at the tasks, but two of the undisputed highlights have come from him this series: the eight-bollocked cat (and, actually, most of his "extraordinary animals"), plus the vegan announcement. I think the latter is actually one of the best outside-the-box solutions there has ever been on the show. It was up against a right half-arsed load of attempts in that task too.

Agree that the latest episode was weak all round really, especially the dot-to-dot and the "what have you got in common" tasks. The egg one was good though, and Alice's effort in particular was excellent.

Scrapey Fish

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on June 14, 2018, 09:52:54 PM
Yeah Asim is by far the worst person they've had on. Bland, totally forgettable, he doesnt even fuck up the tasks in an interesting or funny way. The fact they have someone like him on now doesnt fill me with hope for future series, I hope Asim was just a misstep and it doesnt mean theyre already scraping the bottom of the barrel for contestants. I love Tarbuck, shes always great in anything shes in, but its worrying that there is a tv presenter and radio dj in the line up when it used to be all comedians, is british comedy really so bereft of interesting people now?

I've enjoyed Asim enough, but regardless of your view of him, he was a good pick on paper

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Scrapey Fish on June 15, 2018, 12:27:59 PM
he was a good pick on paper

Thats what I mean about it being a misstep, someone who should have been good but turned out to be godawful. Not doubting hes a nice guy, he seems like a lovely chap to spend time with,  he may even be a fine comic actor or writer (I dont know, I'd never heard of him before Taskmaster), but he is not a naturally funny or entertaining person. Which is what you want out of someone on a comedy entertainment show, really.

The latest, online, episode was a treat. Tim was great throughout, his rage at the missing hook and its reveal was amazing.

bobloblaw

it really is. Tarbuck's all but won, Howard's still grating but Vine and the format have finally gelled and the results are great.

BeardFaceMan

Tim Vine is killing it now, but I do get the feeling people are more laughing at him than with him though, which is a shame. A genuine eccentric and a very funny and nice bloke, I'm glad hes fucking weird instead of fucking bland.

JamesTC

The hook is the most I've laughed at anything in Taskmaster. Incredible.

olliebean

Had to go back and watch that bit again immediately after the reveal; I didn't spot it the first time but it was incredibly obvious in one particular shot and clear from their reaction that a large contingent of the audience noticed it then.

batwings

Tarbuck and Vine have saved this series with their likeable eccentricity. I'd watch a buddy cop tv show called Tarbuck & Vine (as long as its Lisa and Tim, not Jimmy and Jeremy).

Small Man Big Horse

I struggled with the ninth episode - the Vine / Hook bit was really great, as was his shopping task, but the rest of it left me a bit cold. Alice Levine started the series well but is annoying me now, Asim's plain rubbish and whilst Russell Howard has the odd decent moment he often annoys me a lot too. I think there's too many episodes as well, as some of the tasks have been very bland, like the bubble blowing one and if it wasn't for Tim Vine the bag one would have been terrible.

BeardFaceMan

Its not so much the tasks being blands as the people doing them, you just need interesting, funny people to pull off those kinds of tasks. Vine usually makes everything great, Asim makes everything shit and dull, Tarbuck (who has been great) has said "I can't be bothered" too many times and how the fuck does Russell Howard get work as a comedian? Oh, and Alice Levine is there too. I've enjoyed this series, mainly because of Tarby & Vine, but it's been the worst line up for me (after series 4, obvs).

Really pissed me off when Asim called Vine "fucking weird" too and tried to say the musical was all Vine's idea and he had nothing to do with it. So much for him being a nice guy. That's the bit that should have made Tim swear.

DrGreggles

Making Tim swear should have been one of the tasks.

Anyway, apart from a slow first 2 episodes, I've really enjoyed it. Tim and Liza have been the stars, but Asim and Howard have had some good moments. And Alice looks lovely.

The Lurker

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on June 22, 2018, 07:18:36 AM
Really pissed me off when Asim called Vine "fucking weird" too and tried to say the musical was all Vine's idea and he had nothing to do with it. So much for him being a nice guy. That's the bit that should have made Tim swear.

He laughed at first but I thought Tim didn't look too pleased after Asim said he was fucking weird. And that was just after Asim said "he's a lovely man" which is a shame.

It has got better episode on episode though which is an especially good thing when you consider the poor line-up, bar Vine and Tarbuck. Not sure what Alice Levine offers though, she is shit like Asim but Asim has at least made me laugh a few times - in particular, the miming obscure animals task.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: The Lurker on June 22, 2018, 01:43:37 PM
He laughed at first but I thought Tim didn't look too pleased after Asim said he was fucking weird. And that was just after Asim said "he's a lovely man" which is a shame.

It has got better episode on episode though which is an especially good thing when you consider the poor line-up, bar Vine and Tarbuck. Not sure what Alice Levine offers though, she is shit like Asim but Asim has at least made me laugh a few times - in particular, the miming obscure animals task.

Yeah there were a few bits this episode where everyone seemed to be laughing at the weirdo, complete with a few close ups on his face which looked like a mixture of seething and laughing it off.  It all felt a bit off this episode or maybe its because I'm an actual Vine fan so it pissed me off more. I'm so glad no one guessed his pun and that it was far better than any pun they came up with (one of the occasions where Tarbuck just zoned out, lost interest and couldnt be bothered). I'm also pretty sure the video of him completing the stationary task is how he generally spends his day anyway, thats why hes so good at this show.

Russell Howard repeatedly forcing a wet slab of chewing gum out of his maw unnerved me more than any horror film I've seen in the past decade.

Other than that (and the aforementioned disses on Vine) I thought it was the best episode of this run, but still by far the weakest series. A big part of the fun is the joint/team tasks and the playful competitive banter but this line-up of contestants never gelled at all.

The Lurker

Once the current series has finished, I fancy checking out the US version. Is there a Google Drive link for it anywhere? There appears to be some, but not all, episodes on Dailymotion.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: The Lurker on June 23, 2018, 09:51:01 PM
Once the current series has finished, I fancy checking out the US version. Is there a Google Drive link for it anywhere? There appears to be some, but not all, episodes on Dailymotion.

Somebody posted some episodes on Reddit recently: https://www.reddit.com/r/panelshow/comments/8s66vp/request_taskmaster_us_e7_8/

Also, someone posted this on Reddit a couple of days ago:

QuoteTaskmaster Wikipedia page had (then removed) a possible Series 7 line-up as... James Acaster Sue Perkins Julian Barrett Holly Walsh Richard Ayoade

Seems feasible enough. The bigger names may explain why no one but Acaster has leaked yet. Assume it will be confirmed in a trailer at the end of the current series.

I doubt it's true (can't imagine Julian Barratt wanting to do it as I recently read an interview where he said he wanted to concentrate on serious acting now) but it would be a pretty decent line up if it was the case, and much better than this year's lot.

imitationleather

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 23, 2018, 10:06:40 PM
I doubt it's true (can't imagine Julian Barratt wanting to do it as I recently read an interview where he said he wanted to concentrate on serious acting now) but it would be a pretty decent line up if it was the case, and much better than this year's lot.

That line-up seems far too star-studded to be at all realistic. It'd be good, though.