Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:26:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster - Series 6

Started by olliebean, February 22, 2018, 10:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeardFaceMan

Are they doing the same as they did last year by showing the episodes one week earlier online than on the tv? Does this mean theres going to be a 2 week break again until the last episode and we wont get the finale until next week or will it be up this week?

olliebean

Oh, I hadn't thought about that. Yeah, I suppose they probably won't put the finale up a week early, the sods.

slicesofjim

Quote from: imitationleather on June 23, 2018, 10:39:49 PM
That line-up seems far too star-studded to be at all realistic. It'd be good, though.

It'd be outstanding if they replaced Perkins with a Tarbuck-standard contestant.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on June 25, 2018, 06:00:13 PMAre they doing the same as they did last year by showing the episodes one week earlier online than on the tv? Does this mean theres going to be a 2 week break again until the last episode and we wont get the finale until next week or will it be up this week?
Last year that was because of the Champion of Champions wasn't it, I'm sure they've always showed the finale a week early before that.

olliebean

It's not there yet (usually is by 10:30), so I'm guessing it's not coming until next week.

AsparagusTrevor

Motherfuckers. Mother. Fuckers.

BeardFaceMan

Bugger.

Like most panel shows (which this is really) its about the journey, not the destination. I find the fun in Taskmaster is watching them do the tasks and interact with each other (is it me or has there been less interaction and banter between the contestants this series?), not seeing who wins. If you told me who won but didnt tell me what any of the tasks were I'd still fully enjoy the last show.

DrGreggles

I'm generally not bothered about who wins, but I was delighted when Bob won s5.
Probably because they'd already announced that there would be a Champion of Champions.

Tarbs has this series sown up though, no?

BeardFaceMan

Yeah unless they've kept all her worst tasks for the last show she has to win. I'm guessing theres going to be at least one task where she gives up early or literally just says "I cant be bothered any more."

Just need some sort of Comic Relif special now where two other people are in charge and Alex and Greg can have a go at being comtestants.

Tapiocahead

In the unlikely event it is Julian Barratt they should try and get him to persuade Julia Davis to go on at the same time. A married couple on would be ace

Dr Funke

billybobs

Alex Horne tweeted the other day that series 7 would be broadcast in September.

Series 7 lineup is James Acaster, Jessica Knappett, Rhod Gilbert, Kerry Godliman and Phil Wang.

The Lurker

Rhod Gilbert vs Mr Gilbert

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on July 04, 2018, 10:06:19 PM
Series 7 lineup is James Acaster, Jessica Knappett, Rhod Gilbert, Kerry Godliman and Phil Wang.

Cracking line up

DrGreggles

Great finale tonight.
Tim as Greg's mum and Alex's bum cake were highlights.

Benjaminos

Liza Tarbuck running away and giggling like a naughty schoolgirl was delightful.

Clownbaby

I think this was the best episode of this series. Liza Tarbuck defo deserved to win. She was a lot more odd than I thought she'd be and I'd never thought much of her before she was on this. New lineup looks alright as well. I knew Julian Barratt wouldn't do it. I also know it's very unlikely that Limmy would ever do it but I'm imagining it and it's great, in my head

Small Man Big Horse

I thought it was a fairly decent episode, I liked the Love task a lot and the candle blowing wasn't too bad, though the bowling thing was dull. The worst offender by far was the studio task though, I've no idea why they thought it'd make for interesting tv.

Overall it was by no means a bad series but it was probably my least favourite yet. Lisa was great when she cared about a task but she got bored all too easily, Russell was fairly decent when not being annoying, Alice started well but then became bland and Asim was mostly terrible. Only Tim Vine constantly proved himself to be a great contestant, and it's a real shame he didn't win as I'd have liked to have seen him in the next Champions of Champions series. I still feel 10 episodes is too many as well, it started to drag towards the end and some of the tasks were a bit weak. It's a huge success though so I doubt anything will change.

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on July 04, 2018, 10:06:19 PM

Hmmmm, well I'm fond of Phil Wang and James Acaster, and don't mind Godliman, but Rhod Gilbert actively annoys me and whilst I don't know much about Jessica Knappett I didn't find Drifers that funny. Hopefully the latter two will surprise me, but I'm not that optimistic right now.

BritishHobo

It grew on me more and more that series, and I was surprised to find myself sad to see 'em go.

Cracking line-up for next series. I wonder if they've rescinded their rule on letting on people who've asked to do it.

Black Ship

I nearly ruptured myself laughing at the cake bit. The look on Alex's face was glorious.

Clownbaby

I kind of want to experience cake between ma cheeks now, lil Alex Horne seemed to be experiencing so many emotions all at once

Famous Mortimer

Asim just wasn't very funny, I thought. Perhaps a lovely chap, but he was a non-presence, comedically, for me.

Series 7 looks like a decent cast though?

Scarymole

notjosh

Quote from: Scarymole on July 06, 2018, 10:51:51 AM
Here's a solution to the bowling ball task:
https://youtu.be/F8tgxP69iFw

That was my solution! I'm not sure about you guys, but I spend most of my time while watching this show thinking about what a brilliant contestant I would be.

WestHill

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 05, 2018, 05:34:09 PM
I thought it was a fairly decent episode, I liked the Love task a lot and the candle blowing wasn't too bad, though the bowling thing was dull. The worst offender by far was the studio task though, I've no idea why they thought it'd make for interesting tv.

Heavily edited because everyone including Alex got very confused in the studio, which personally I thought made it more fun but I guess that doesn't fit in with the hyper organised Taskmaster character.

DrGreggles

Quote from: WestHill on July 07, 2018, 08:08:12 AM
Heavily edited because everyone including Alex got very confused in the studio, which personally I thought made it more fun but I guess that doesn't fit in with the hyper organised Taskmaster character.

Surely the game only works properly if the person going first changes each round? Other the person going last can't win (hence Tim needing a number that was simultaneously higher than 78 and lower than 14.
Part of the fun though. Maybe a longer edit will appear on their YouTube channel.

Clownbaby

Don't know about anyone else but I thought Alice Levine made a bit of a fuss about Alex accidentally brushing her boob when he put the rosette on

georgetaylor

Quote from: Clownbaby on July 07, 2018, 10:06:29 AM
Don't know about anyone else but I though Alice Levine made a bit of a fuss about Alex accidentally brushing her boob when he put the rosette on

Yes, I agree, that was good.