Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:48:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

First they came for the right wing bloggers...

Started by biggytitbo, February 23, 2018, 08:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

https://www.buzzfeed.com/talalansari/medium?utm_term=.jqeq1XMNKe#.yiROWvlr0z

QuoteMedium, an online publishing platform where any individual can post articles, has suspended the accounts and pages of far-right and pro-Trump media personalities including Laura Loomer, Mike Cernovich, and Jack Posobiec.

...and then the anti war activisits - https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/966762111450910721

Shane Bauer‏Verified account
@shane_bauer
This is good, but If @Medium is serious about cracking down on conspiracy theorists, it needs to go beyond the alt-right and reign in the garbage published on Syria by people like @caitoz.

Amazing to see a high profile writer on a mainstream publication calling for anti-war bloggers to be banned from the biggest blogging platform on the web. Its sympathetic of how the corporate media, even those on the left, are completely under the spell of the empire and its doctrine of endless war.

Anyone comfortable with having these neocon media whores, themselves in the thrall of their own conspiracies and bullshit, deciding what is and isn't a 'conspiracy theory', or 'misinformation'? Because be certain if you think its a good idea to censor the right, next will be anyone who strays from the centrist war state 'consensus' of establishment politics and media. We are already seeing the latter happening on google, with dozens of anti-war sites been de-ranked in favour of mainstream outlets banging the drum.

ieXush2i

Oh no! Now they can't post hateful shit on a site where they break the terms and conditions.

Why are we still giving any time of day to rape-happy Cernovich?

biggytitbo

Low hanging fruit. Do you agree with the leader writer at Mother Jones that anti war activists and 'conspiracy theorists' she be banned too?

ieXush2i

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 23, 2018, 08:41:28 AM
Low hanging fruit. Do you agree with the leader writer at Mother Jones that anti war activists and 'conspiracy theorists' she be banned too?

If they're publishing misinformation then why not?

Bauer is actually arguing for fairness there isn't he - if they're banning conspiracists, they should be looking at people at all points of the political spectrum, not just the right.

Buelligan

I hope it's going to be a small argument riding in a toy sports car with the warm wind in its bald?  I quite like those.

Paul Calf

madhair60

Cuellar

ieXush2i

Quote from: madhair60 on February 23, 2018, 09:26:54 AM
Cernovich. Maaaate.

He put out a video this week about "Mueller criminalizing trolling" ffs

Paul Calf

The simple solution to this problem would be to stop using platforms run by people who view your work as hate speech and use ones that aren't. Medium.com is a bit of a hive of wet pseudo-progressives anyway, so surely someone diametrically opposes to such people would choose a different platform?

Cuellar

ieXush2i

What's that platform all the alt.righters flee to after they get banned from Twitter, so they can moan about Twitter and wish they were back on Twitter? No, not Menshn, there's a more recent slightly more successful one.

Paul Calf

Tomorrow I shall be publishing my mind-blowing expose of how Breitbart raped muh freemaspeech by refusing to publish my article about my programme to castrate all men and sell their nuts to pay for compulsory re-education of meat eaters and Republicans.

Soup

Hobo With A Shit Pun

Sebastian Cobb

This is a bit like the darts axing the 'birds' because they reckon it'll get them more viewers, but instead of 'viewers' it's clicks and instead of 'birds' it's 'hate speech'.

Buelligan

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 23, 2018, 09:44:13 AM
Tomorrow I shall be publishing my mind-blowing expose of how Breitbart raped muh freemaspeech by refusing to publish my article about my programme to castrate all men and sell their nuts to pay for compulsory re-education of meat eaters and Republicans.

Is there really a market?  How interesting...

Paul Calf

gilbertharding

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 23, 2018, 09:12:16 AM
It's a slippery slope.

It's not the thin end of the wedge though, no matter which end of the telescope you're at.

Quote from: (Ex poster) on February 23, 2018, 09:42:59 AM
What's that platform all the alt.righters flee to after they get banned from Twitter, so they can moan about Twitter and wish they were back on Twitter? No, not Menshn, there's a more recent slightly more successful one.

You talking about 'Gab'? Or 'Minds'?

We've identified three different websites to be angry at.

ProvanFan

Quote from: (Ex poster) on February 23, 2018, 09:42:59 AM

Profileheaven