Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:15:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

First they came for the right wing bloggers...

Started by biggytitbo, February 23, 2018, 08:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Quote from: Cuellar on February 23, 2018, 12:23:12 PM
No sorry I can only be worried about one thing at a time, and it's binary. It's either on or off I'm afraid. And currently climate change, illegal wars, sexual abuse and anything else bad in the world is OFF and American Neo-Nazis is ON.

There's no point me trying to tell you that when a minor event gets a disproportionately large amount of attention the likelihood is you're been manipulated. It's a focus error - engineer a fight with some white supremacists (who were always there) point a camera at it and suddenly it's a big problem.

Back to the original point, if your happy to see right wing voices censored or obscured then great, but don't think leftists and anti-war people won't get the same treatment if you countenance it - the latter almost certainly moreso, and to the greater detriment of society.

That was my point, but there's also the other potential that it's only small to you.

Buelligan

Quote from: SpunkBlobShitBants on February 23, 2018, 12:38:40 PM
That was my point, but there's also the other potential that it's only small to you.

That may well be true but as you've declined to outline your large or small idea, sadly, I will never know.

Bigs, honestly now, do you see any parallels between these things and events in western Europe during the 1930s, or is it just me?

bgmnts

To be fair butt naked fight to the death has been my solution to all of the globes issues.

Israel vs Palestine, right vs left, black vs white.

Just get the hardest from both, strip them naked, oil them up and chuck them in the Thunderdome. Whoever wins, wins.

Just pull your heads out your asses and admit you don't live a giant spinning testicle covered in bendy water.

ieXush2i

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 23, 2018, 12:37:08 PM

There's no point me trying to tell you that when a minor event gets a disproportionately large amount of attention the likelihood is you're been manipulated. It's a focus error - engineer a fight with some white supremacists (who were always there) point a camera at it and suddenly it's a big problem.

Back to the original point, if your happy to see right wing voices censored or obscured then great, but don't think leftists and anti-war people won't get the same treatment if you countenance it - the latter almost certainly moreso, and to the greater detriment of society.

You're suggesting all rightwing people are being silenced, which is patently untrue. Just the ones who spread hate and disinfo.

phantom_power

Quote from: SpunkBlobShitBants on February 23, 2018, 12:28:39 PM
If you can't win a battle of ideas against those you consider to be dumb then what does that say about your own ideas?

Not necessarily anything. It could mean you aren't very good at getting your ideas across. It could be that your ideas go over their heads. It could be that they are so entrenched in their own ideas they can't see anything else. It could be that your ideas are stupid. More information is needed

phantom_power

Quote from: SpunkBlobShitBants on February 23, 2018, 12:43:06 PM
Just pull your heads out your asses and admit you don't live a giant spinning testicle covered in bendy water.

OK. You've got me. I admit it. I don't like a giant spinning testicle covered in bendy water

Buelligan

Quote from: (Ex poster) on February 23, 2018, 12:45:57 PM
You're suggesting all rightwing people are being silenced, which is patently untrue. Just the ones who spread hate and disinfo.

Not even all of them if we're being honest now. 

ieXush2i

Quote from: Buelligan on February 23, 2018, 12:48:25 PM
Not even all of them if we're being honest now.

Aye, just the most prominent/notorious ones.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Buelligan on February 23, 2018, 12:40:27 PM
That may well be true but as you've declined to outline your large or small idea, sadly, I will never know.

Bigs, honestly now, do you see any parallels between these things and events in western Europe during the 1930s, or is it just me?

We have a national security state actively trying to push for, if not WW3, a new cold war that would have disastrous consequences for millions of people. It's not the 1930s parallels we should be worrying about, but the late 40s/early 50s. This is a clear and present danger, not some sad white men in a field.

ieXush2i

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 23, 2018, 12:51:35 PM

We have a national security state actively trying to push for, if not WW3, a new cold war that would have disastrous consequences for millions of people. It's not the 1930s parallels we should be worrying about, but the late 40s/early 50s. This is a clear and present danger, not some sad white men in a field.

haven't you been saying this for 15 years now, at least?

Quote from: (Ex poster) on February 23, 2018, 12:45:57 PM
You're suggesting all rightwing people are being silenced, which is patently untrue.

Merely bundling anyone with even so much as a religious conviction into the far-right. Great work.

Buelligan

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 23, 2018, 12:51:35 PM

So you don't think that all the hoo-hah about Soros and the secret cabals, allied to militant racists marching in a town near you waving banners and fucking people up, mirrors anything?  OK, I think you're probably the only one.

biggytitbo

Quote from: (Ex poster) on February 23, 2018, 12:53:03 PM
haven't you been saying this for 15 years now, at least?

Yeah the last 15 years have been a glorious period for world peace.

ieXush2i

Quote from: SpunkBlobShitBants on February 23, 2018, 12:54:22 PM
Merely bundling anyone with even so much as religious conviction into the far-right. Great work.

You've been here less than a week under your new name and you're going really hard on this trolling stuff eh?

ieXush2i

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 23, 2018, 12:55:22 PM

Yeah the last 15 years have been a glorious period for world peace.

There's been no WW3 or new Cold War, despite your doomsday cult utterances.

Moribunderast

This thread's gone as well as one would assume, given the major players. Loving how the General Bullshit board has become a playground for a handful of people to engage in the same argument over-and-over with brief cameos from banned trolls who are too scared to speak their values on social media and so must inflict them on the people here in a most cowardly manner.

biggytitbo

Quote from: (Ex poster) on February 23, 2018, 12:56:08 PM

Cold War precum has been ooozing out of the war meatus for the last few years, you silly denialist.

Moribunderast

Cold War Precum is my least favourite Flaming Lips record.

ieXush2i

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 23, 2018, 01:02:56 PM

Cold War precum has been ooozing out of the war meatus for the last few years, you silly denialist.

I'm not denying anything as you haven't presented anything fo r me to deny.

When people are killed in their schools or on the street (the latter for their political beliefs) you aren't arsed

Gwen Taylor on ITV

Quote from: (Ex poster) on February 23, 2018, 12:56:08 PM

We have had a big war in the Middle East and fairly regular major terrorist attacks in Europe.  I wouldn't call it a new Cold War but it's certainly been a very lucrative time for the military industrial complex.

ieXush2i

Quote from: Gwen Taylor on ITV on February 23, 2018, 01:13:07 PM
We have had a big war in the Middle East and fairly regular major terrorist attacks in Europe.  I wouldn't call it a new Cold War but it's certainly been a very lucrative time for the military industrial complex.

Oh yes and I would heartily agree with that. But quite what that's got to do with disinfo nuts being banned from platforms they're not entitled to post on I don't know.

Gwen Taylor on ITV

Yeah I think Biggy's undermined his point by talking about the right-wing bloggers being banned when his focus was on the anti-war bloggers being banned.  Ironically associating the anti-war writers with Cernovitch et al, which I assume isn't intentional.

bgmnts

There is so much ingormation being created every single second who the fuck knows what is happening. What is information what is disinformation what is misinformation. Its a massive clusterfuck.

Ww3 will happen though. Its just human nature.

Gwen Taylor on ITV

Quote from: bgmnts on February 23, 2018, 01:23:07 PM
There is so much ingormation being created every single second who the fuck knows what is happening. What is information what is disinformation what is misinformation. Its a massive clusterfuck.

Ww3 will happen though. Its just human nature.

I find Verrit.com an invaluable resource for checking what is and isn't disinformation.

Just having a look at the site now and it is undergoing a 'reboot' for the summer.

kngen

QuoteShane Bauer‏Verified account
@shane_bauer
This is good, but If @Medium is serious about cracking down on conspiracy theorists, it needs to go beyond the alt-right and reign in the garbage published on Syria by people like @caitoz.

'REIN in the garbage.' 'REIN' FFS!

On that subject, does anyone think that Cernovich actually meant to call his amazing 2-bob philosophy 'the Guerilla Mindset' but was too thick to spell it correctly, is now stuck with it, and has had to shape his whole identity around an otherwise easily corrected typo?