Author Topic: Name that Hip-hoop track...  (Read 575 times)

Name that Hip-hoop track...
« on: February 20, 2004, 11:11:30 AM »
Right...Kudos for life to anyone who can shed some light on this track...was watching the music channels late last night in a drunken haze and saw a song that I thought "cool, like that"...but promptly forgot what it was...so if anyone can suggest what it may be from the following description I'd be most grateful!

Was by a DJ "something" featuring "someone"...white guy rapping at camera pretty fast...video ended at a little party around some turntables, where the Shark and Tiger animals that I've seen in a few other vids (J5?) were dancing about.

Reading that back...thats the worst description ever! still...worth a try!

(there was also a Roots song that was ace but cant remember the name, but im sure with a bit of digging I can find that!)

Re: Name that Hip-hoop track...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 11:35:28 AM »
Quote from: "swinny"

Was by a DJ "something" featuring "someone"...white guy rapping at camera pretty fast...video ended at a little party around some turntables, where the Shark and Tiger animals that I've seen in a few other vids (J5?) were dancing about.

Reading that back...thats the worst description ever! still...worth a try!

Your description sounds like it's DJ Format (who supported J5 on their last live dates).I've seen the Tigers and Sharks video on late night MTV2 myself. Not sure what the single is called, but the Album is "Music For The Mature B-Boy"

Someone wiser than me will probably be able to tell you what  the track is called.

Name that Hip-hoop track...
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 11:52:39 AM »
Nice one! Just found it with a quick search for DJ Format...is called "Vicious Battle Raps" featuring Abdominal...great stuff.

(can be seen here for anyone interested)

Cheers fella