Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:30:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Metal Gear Solid V [split topic]

Started by AsparagusTrevor, February 26, 2018, 12:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-O-W-L

I feel like everything from Peace Walker onwards was a huge mistake and it only degraded the quality of the games that had come before it, by overexplaining details that had been in them that were left up to interpretation for a reason. MGS4 already opened the door to doing that kind of bollocks, and then Peace Walker basically burst through the door, hooting and slapping its bum and playing the one-man-band. MGSV just felt like someone strapped Taiko drums onto the one-man-band, really.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Looney Bergonzi on February 26, 2018, 08:42:10 PM
And bollocks also to the tranquiliser gun point. The enemy get tooled up procedurally depending on your strategy. They learn what you do and what you use, and adapt to that. If you use the tranquiliser and go for head shots, they'll start wearing helmets. If you use shotguns, they'll wear body armour. Always do the night missions, they'll start carrying torches. You're constantly having to find new approaches.

I've been really impressed by the way the game adapts to your play style. I'd been going for headshots on the snipers up the lookout towers, but I've noticed they've started to keep their heads below the parapet, and there is always at least one of their comrades keeping a lookout at the base of the tower. Also I kept running to the safety of a rocky outcrop, wondering why the enemies never followed me, and then found they decided to venture away from the base and surround me. It makes sense when the enemies are constantly talking to each other over the radio and tipping each other off about your movements. It also keeps you on your toes and stops you getting lazy and relying too much on one approach.

I haven't been using the tranquiliser gun much. So far I have mostly gone for saving ammo and just using the melee attack instead, but the enemies seem to be getting wise to that too... As do the bears, who seem to have figured out that I like to avoid checkpoints and have started waiting for me on mountain paths. And the wolves who hang out far away from buildings wherever I'm trying to get to one via a quieter route...

I'm still a bit crap at the stealth, though. I've managed to complete some missions to grade A, but with others there have just been too many enemies and after a few tries I've ended up thinking "fuck it", going loud and just trying to get it over and done with. Then again, that's why I like the fact that you can revisit locations and have another go at sneaking around once you're a bit less crap and have better guns.

Blue Jam

(Can you Fulton a bear? Would you want to? Can bears be trained to become D-bears or would you just get back to Mother Base to find that Mama Bear had eaten all of your staff?)

Consignia

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 29, 2018, 09:13:48 AM
(Can you Fulton a bear? Would you want to? Can bears be trained to become D-bears or would you just get back to Mother Base to find that Mama Bear had eaten all of your staff?)

https://youtu.be/BKhxnngujr4

Blue Jam

Hahaha, nice work soldier... Ever try and Fulton a wolf? It'd be nice to recruit a friend for DD.

Consignia

Oh, you can fulton an entire menagerie. Have you found the private zoo in mother base? Not sure if you can get DD to fraternise with them, though :(.

Blue Jam

I've probably got a crap little city farm or petting zoo somewhere at Mother Base, then.

I might pick up a few wolves. There have been a few fights at Mother Base and a few admissions to the Medical Plarform. Evidently I have been Fultoning too many Legend Garys and I could do with chucking a few wolves in among the lads to sort them out.

I didn't realise you had to weed out troublemakers until now- I'm wondering how I'm ever going to finish this when I seem to have just scratched the surface and it looks like there's still tons more to figure out.

bgmnts

AsparagusTrevor

Blue Jam

Quote from: bgmnts on September 16, 2018, 04:28:26 PM
Have you had a wank over Quiet yet?

She's not my type... Just took too long over the Unlucky Dog side op because it took me a while to figure out the thing of destroying the comms equipment to stop the enemy calling for backup, durrrr, and noticed I was starting to attract flies. Got back to Mother Base and Ocelot just looked at me in disgust before I made a dash to the shower. DD didn't even show up to lick my face... and that's as dirty as it's got for me.