Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:05:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy dreams

Started by Tikwid, February 26, 2018, 09:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikwid

Last night I dreamed of a "where-are-they-now" sequel to the All Over My Glasses episode of Human Remains, where Stephen and Michelle were preparing to enter an X Factor style talent show (not unlike the "Father and Son" Tim and Eric sketch). I remember a few scenes in particular:

• Footage filmed from afar of Stephen in a hospital corridor encountering Ringo Starr. They had a brief interaction in which Stephen put up a "shh" hand sign to Ringo's face, then started rough-housing him when he spoke again.
  • Michelle waiting in a Tescos car park late at night, with Stephen finally arriving and driving them both back home; he explained that he'd forfeited his usual pub nights so he could do night courses/clubs/etc. to prepare for the talent show. "Been doing about...10 a week, haven't I, spindalero?"
  • The two driving to the talent show, which was in Cornwall for some reason, eventually falling off a cliff and dying.
So yeah, had any good ones lately?

Autopsy Turvey

Last night I dreamt Philip Pope was on tour and I was going to see him in Salisbury performing songs from his career like Black Moustache, I'm So Lonely, War Is Naughty and Boring Song. I remained excited for several minutes after waking until I realised it wasn't real.

the

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on April 09, 2019, 12:05:38 PMLast night I dreamt Philip Pope was on tour and I was going to see him in Salisbury performing songs from his career like Black Moustache, I'm So Lonely, War Is Naughty and Boring Song. I remained excited for several minutes after waking until I realised it wasn't real.

Philip Pope and Rory McGrath did a tour doing comedy songs and pastiches a few years back. It's not that much of a stretch that he might do something similar with his known compositions.

Maybe write to his agent and suggest it. They'd probably get enough punters through the door to hear him do Tony Angelino.

Cuellar

Posted this one ages ago but I've never forgotten it

QuoteI had a dream in which Syd Little was trying to get Eddie Large to stop being an alcoholic as it was ruining their act. I think it was some sort of documentary I was (dream) watching.

Anyway, they showed a clip where Eddie turned up at whatever hotel room they were in, utterly arseholed, only in his pants, shaking a jar full of jam all over the floor/walls and then frantically licking it up while staggering around, before falling over into a paddling pool.

Poor Syd explained that while he personally thought this was the funniest thing he'd seen, they 'couldn't possibly put it in the act'. It was all quite poignant.

neveragain

I once dreamed a bottle episode of One Foot In The Grave where Victor and Margaret were stood in the hall waiting for a taxi. It ended with Victor stepping close to the camera in sinister fashion, his smile expanding like a bad bit of 90's CGI.

Dreamt of Mr Bean fucking a plum

As in dicking said fruit with a series of futile yet vigorous thrusts he was making a right mess god bless him

...and teddy was just watching

DrGreggles

I had a dream once where I was doing some stand-up and it was getting no reaction from the audience at all.
No laughs, no heckles, not even disinterested chatter.
There was a light shining in my face, but everything else in front of me was pitch black.
I know there was an audience there before, as I'd walked past them, but the blackness and silence made it seem like they'd all decided to sneak off before I came on.
This thought gave me the giggles, and I delivered the rest of my (admittedly pretty poor) material to the sound of nothing but my own laughter.

Then I realised that this wasn't a dream - it was a memory.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: the on April 09, 2019, 12:13:15 PM
Philip Pope and Rory McGrath did a tour doing comedy songs and pastiches a few years back.

They turned my dream into a nightmare! No I don't mind Rory really, but it's a Phil Pope plus backing band and no McGrath tour I'm after.

QuoteMaybe write to his agent and suggest it. They'd probably get enough punters through the door to hear him do Tony Angelino.

I'm nodding off at this point but dreamily convinced I could do this. Could we finally get to hear The Gween Gween Gwass Of Home?

Clownbaby

I dreamed that there was a Brass Eye/Cabaret special and Chris Morris had Joel Grey Emcee style makeup on. I can't remember much else.

I've also had countless vivid dreams about Kramer

Small Man Big Horse

I had a weird one last night where I managed to get hold of a tape of an episode of season 9 of Taskmaster, and so knew who the contestants were when no one else did. Oddly enough it was mostly made up of Asian actors best known for their martial arts prowess, and I was going to leak the info on Twitter when I suddenly thought Avalon might be furious at me for doing so, and decided to bury the tape in a field. At this point Stewart Lee and Richard Herring joined me on my adventures as we dug a hole, only to discover a dead body. Then Avalon sent people to kill us all, we ended up at Buckingham Palace and the Avalon hired assassins killed the Queen. Except it wasn't the Queen, just someone in a very convincing disguise, and the assassins were arrested and we were let go.

And no, I haven't started smoking weed again. But I could understand why you might think such a thing.

DrGreggles

Sounds like the sort of thing Avalon would do.

rasta-spouse

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 10, 2019, 03:37:36 PM
Oddly enough it was mostly made up of Asian actors best known for their martial arts prowess

How did they compare to the Taskmaster series 4 lineup?

Chriddof

I once had a dream where I discovered a tape of a previously unknown pilot for a light entertainment comedy show that Chris Morris had done for TVS (the late lamented ITV region for the South). The only bits I remember: some sort of Stutz Bear Cats style song-and-dance interlude, and a bit where a bald Morris drove a motorised pram around the grounds of Leeds Castle in Kent.