Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:41:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

No, you’re just gonna have to turn this opportunity yes!

Started by Twit 2, March 02, 2018, 08:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Just watched this for the first time, spurred by this thread. It's good, innit? My favourite Logan line was "She's fucked hundreds!"

Mobius

What does that little scene of Mcshane thrashing around in rain (indoors?) mean? Just before/after he meets posh orgy man I think

Mr Banlon

popcorn

This thread led me to the realisation that Lovejoy and Heartbeat were in fact separate TV series.

popcorn

Also I was delighted to recognise the "no no no no" from the Buxton podcast. I'd always vaguely thought it came from the Christian Bale rant.

St_Eddie

Quote from: popcorn on March 11, 2018, 03:10:07 PM
Also I was delighted to recognise the "no no no no" from the Buxton podcast. I'd always vaguely thought it came from the Christian Bale rant.

Oohhhh, good for you!

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: popcorn on March 11, 2018, 03:10:07 PM
It couldn't have been from the Bale rant. It wasn't delivered in a ridiculous transatlantic accent.

momatt

Quote from: Mobius on March 10, 2018, 09:45:02 PM
What does that little scene of Mcshane thrashing around in rain (indoors?) mean? Just before/after he meets posh orgy man I think

It's just Lovejoy being bummed a bit.  The 'rain' is sweat I assume.
I don't know if it's meant to have any other deep meaning, other that making the character a bit more seedy and intriguing.

Mobius

Ah fair enough - sort of figured that might be it, but wasn't sure why someone wasn't actually bumming him in the scene. It's just him writhing about in a wet room.

Large Noise

"Now if you don't want to do the job, fair enough, I can accept that and we'll leave it at that"

Mister Six

Quote from: Mobius on March 13, 2018, 12:29:11 AM
Ah fair enough - sort of figured that might be it, but wasn't sure why someone wasn't actually bumming him in the scene. It's just him writhing about in a wet room.

I'm pretty sure there's a fella behind him.

Mobius

I'm at work so have had to view this in a very small window because I don't want to get told off for watching blokes buggering but I can't see anyone hanging out the back of Lovejoy in the scene.

https://youtu.be/QPDAu_ey3ek?t=2186

Twit 2

buzby

Quote from: Mister Six on March 13, 2018, 04:17:46 AM
I'm pretty sure there's a fella behind him.
It was posh orgy bloke (Harry, played by James Fox) who runs the safety deposit firm, who Teddy then kills after the heist. I suppose it illustrates the lengths Teddy will go to set up a job and that he doesn't want anyone to ever find out.

Twit 2

Or that he's just gay/bi, as sexuality is a big theme throughout.

Mobius

Oh absolutely. I was just confused by the image because I'm thick as shit!

Buzby's got it I reckon. Clever bloke.