Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:07:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tweet grabs

Started by Dex Sawash, March 03, 2018, 01:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

How do you lift a tweet for pasting in forums where it looks like an image of the tweet with a little box around it? Is that a tool within twitter or are people just doing a screen cap and hosting img someplace? Or?
I wanted to do one of those recently and just copying the text was unsatisfying.
Googled  it but you lot are usually much better at providing proper direction.
I don't have a twitter account if that matters

Zetetic

https://dev.twitter.com/web/embedded-tweets is how it's done.

You probably just want to do screengrabs if you're posting on a forum (although that's irritating in its own ways).

Dex Sawash

Thanks. That's very simple,  no wonder google didn't help. I guess cab doesn't support the html embed that produces?

the

I don't think the forum software is set up to allow embedded html of any sort. I'd imagine it's a bit of a security risk.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: the on March 03, 2018, 01:53:43 PM
I don't think the forum software is set up to allow embedded html of any sort. I'd imagine it's a bit of a security risk.

BBCode is effectively a proxy markup for the resultant html. I don't know simplemachines that well but there are definitely tweet embed plugins for phpbb and xenforo.

Barry Admin

There's plugins like that, but I'd rather people went to the effort of making a graphic, if they want to. I have to use a phone to read the boards, and think auto-embedded youtubes and stuff are shit.

the

To clarify, I meant that the forum software on this site isn't configured for that sort of caper, and not that the software itself is incapable of being configured thus.