Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:21:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The increasing ubiquity of Jesse Plemons (and others)

Started by asids, March 04, 2018, 08:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

Quote from: Wet Blanket on March 06, 2018, 12:11:31 PM

Caleb Landry Jones has a good face but is impossible to understand. This Plemons cunt should have taken his role in Twin Peaks.

Plemons doesn't really do sleazy. He is more curdled masculinity

Wet Blanket

Exactly, I think the character would have been better as a lug careering off the rails than a sleazeball getting even sleazier. Plus you'd know what he was saying.

Dex Sawash

Plemons could be the next Magnificent Craterface Bastard if the one off The Amerikans dies or something

Caleb Landry Jones has yet to acquire the actor's most fundamental skill: opening your mouth while talking

BritishHobo

Just got back from seeing that there Game Night. He's proper great fun in it. As has been brilliantly nailed by a few people in here, he's full-on creepy as ever, but in a totally different way to his other roles. It would be easy to peg this, Black Mirror, Breaking Bad as just him playing weird, but they are all totally distinct from each other. He nails that kinda pitiful clinginess in Game Night while also somehow managing to be unexpectedly lovable.

Dex Sawash

Watched a thing last night with a guy in it and thought he would be good for this thread. Don't remember who it was or what I watched.

Bronzy

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 08, 2018, 01:21:43 AM
Watched a thing last night with a guy in it and thought he would be good for this thread. Don't remember who it was or what I watched.

Plesse Jemons?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 08, 2018, 01:21:43 AM

Laleb Jandry Cones?

mothman

Blinder Data

He's only 29! :O

Very rare that you'd have an actor that plays older than he actually is. He's fair put the beef on but it only seems to have helped his career

He's bucking the trend. All power to the Plemons

phantom_power

Didn't he pack it on for Fargo? Maybe he enjoys having more bounce to the ounce

mothman

Perhaps he found he's not one of those actors who can chunk up for a role and then swan off to take three months to lose it for their next role, just by eating kale or whatever.

Serge

Apparently, Plemons put on the weight for his role in 'Black Mass', and 'Fargo' shot so soon afterwards that he didn't have time to lose it. Which is weird, as I've seen 'Black Mass', and I don't remember Plemons' weight being a plot point in any way.

imitationleather

Since he chubbed up I keep thinking he's Philip Seymour Hoffman, even though this is impossible as he's both not dead and about twenty years younger than he was when he died. But whenever he comes on screen I'm like "I know this guy. I think it's Philip Seymour Hoffman, but it can't be him. Who the fuck is it? Christ why don't I know this man's name? Have I got Alzheimer's?"

The real fucking shocker of this thread is that it turns out I am two bloody years older than Jesse Plemons. Nearly as shocking as when I found out I am older than Hugo Lloris, someone I view as a sort of father figure. Sorry dad, if you're reading this. I know my actual dad is older than me though because he remembers when jungle first came out whereas I've only got memories of the post-millennium revival. But yeah, why is everyone younger than me all of a sudden? I bet the next Pope will turn out to have been born in the '90s.

mothman

That got me thinking about that show about a Young Pope, whatever it was called, and then I thought, well, Jude Law must be getting on for 50 now surely, I remember seeing him in Shopping in 1994. So I looked. Fuck me, he's only 45, and, worse, therefore two years younger than me. Is there room there on the scrapheap for me, Imitation, or should we just give up right now and enter into a suicide pact?