Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:47:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Pond

Started by Almost Yearly, February 20, 2004, 12:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilf

I heard about this the other day and wet my pants. It's not a good year unless I get to see Cardiacs live. Much as I hate the Astoria I'm coming down to that one as my friend has moved down south and we have to meet up at Cardiacs gigs, so we're going there. I'm probably going to go to Sheffield and Manchester as well.

Meet up at the London one?

gloria

Live session on Marc Riley's Rocket Science tonight on 6 Music from 7 o'clock, my fellow bores fans!

boki

Ah, jolly good.  Will try and catch that.

Don_Preston

Listened to "A Little Man and a House.." for the first time in a while lately and bloody loved it. Victory Egg in particular.

Neville Chamberlain

Well bugger me!

http://www.artrock-festival.de/index.php?s=cardiacs

This is just up the road from me!!! And Magma are playing too!!! Surely even I'm not too stupid to miss Cardiacs playing on German soil?!?!?!?!?!???

Don_Preston

It seems even the Germans fail to realise the lack of "The" in the name!

gloria

Last night's session.... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XTS2K5LB

New album called LSD out in October, with singles in August and November, plus DVDs of Maresnest and Rehearsal footage.

Neville Chamberlain

*Neville's head explodes with anticipation*

Mustow Green

Quote from: gloria on June 24, 2008, 10:53:09 AM
Last night's session.... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XTS2K5LB

New album called LSD out in October, with singles in August and November, plus DVDs of Maresnest and Rehearsal footage.

Thanks.  Not only has that link made my day, the other news makes for a very exciting conclusion to the year.

Cheers.

Neville Chamberlain

Tim Smith collapsed and is in hospital apparently...

Neville Chamberlain

This just in...

QuoteAs some of you have no doubt become aware, Tim Smith, the stalwart front man of your beloved CARDIACS has fallen foul of ill health.

In order to quash any rumours and idle tittle-tattle amongst the faithful we find it appropriate at this time to furnish you with the necessary information to perhaps remove the worried furrows from the brows of the more hysterical amongst you..

On 25th June Tim collapsed and found himself the unfortunate victim of, ironically, a cardiac arrest. Thanks to the skill and dedication of those heroes of the streets, the paramedic service he was speedily ensconced within the caring hands of the National Health Service where he was treated by expert medical staff and thankfully he is now making a recovery. There is no longer any danger to his life and he is improving every day though we must caution that there is a long road ahead.

Needless to say we are sure you all wish him a speedy recovery and in keeping with our reputation as the caring concern, THE ALPHABET BUSINESS CONCERN will soon be facilitating a method of sending him your personal messages of goodwill on our Web site www.cardiacs.com which is sure to cheer both him and his fellow CARDIACS no end.

Needless to say, all further information will be generously furnished by THE ALPHABET BUSINESS CONCERN as and when we see fit and we hasten to add that YOUR LOYALTY DEMANDS the utmost respect for his nearest and dearest and that no attempts to gather any more information be made of them during this most fretful of times.

With respect

THE ALPHABET BUSINESS CONCERN

Phil_A

Ah, that's comforting at least. The lack of updates was getting slightly worrying. Thanks, Nev.

Little Tommy Titter

Poor Tim.

Just had e-mail from those ghastly "SeeTicket" people who say the Astoria gig is cancelled.
Bum.
Although, obviously, before anyone shouts at me, Tim's well being is the priority here.
Met him briefly last year at Ginger & The Scorchers gig, and he seemed a lovely, lovely man indeed.
Nontheless.
Bum.

Marvin

I hope Tim's alright, gutted the gigs seem to have been cancelled, but as you say, obviously more importanly, hope he has a quick recovery.

gloria

Poor old Timmy.  Get well soon, old son.

Here's a little something for you fishies.  A recording of a Tim Smith solo gig from 2000, featuring not only some startling acoustic versions of Cardiacs favourites like The Duck & Roger the Horse, and Bodysbad, but also two unreleased songs: "Heaven Haven" and "Dream Dress". 

Enjoy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4BQSUS9M

Phil_A

Quote from: gloria on August 07, 2008, 01:10:39 PM
Poor old Timmy.  Get well soon, old son.

Here's a little something for you fishies.  A recording of a Tim Smith solo gig from 2000, featuring not only some startling acoustic versions of Cardiacs favourites like The Duck & Roger the Horse, and Bodysbad, but also two unreleased songs: "Heaven Haven" and "Dream Dress". 

Enjoy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4BQSUS9M

I hope Dream Dress gets released at some point, although the chances of that seem about as likely as the second Sea Nymphs album ever coming out. The recorded version has "a brass band playing on it", apparently.

gloria

Quote from: Phil_A on August 07, 2008, 03:45:50 PM
I hope Dream Dress gets released at some point, although the chances of that seem about as likely as the second Sea Nymphs album ever coming out. The recorded version has "a brass band playing on it", apparently.

Yeah, all that stuff waiting to be heard...tantalising as fuck.

Phil_A

Hmm. Just browsing the myspace of Silvery, which contains a selection of mainly positive review quotes from various sources. Now while I do like Silvery, there's something slightly gutting about the fact that the kind of people that wouldn't give Cardiacs the time of day are the ones raving about what is basically a second-hand version of the same shtick. And you can bet not one of those reviews will even mention the "C" word.

Phil_A

ATTENTION

Here is an announcement.

PUTTING THE WORD OUT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has become apparent that following recent occurences of extremely gloomy news, the formerly vibrant collective entity known as The Pond has become stagnant with apathy and despair.

THIS CANNOT STAND.

Thus, in regard to changing this state of affairs, the writhing, twitching denizens of The Pond may wish to be aware that at an unspecified date in your near future there is to be a unique "celebration" of the pop phenomenon "Cardiacs". You are further informed that this "celebration" will take the shape of an extra special commemorative "programme" of approximately two to three hours in length, to be broadcast on the Cookd and Bombd Broadcasting Network System on the aforementioned unspecified date.

SO WHERE DO YOU COME IN?

The success or failure of this mighty endeavour rests squarely on the shoulders of YOU, yes YOU, the loyal Cardiacs devotee. For it is YOUR contributions that are required to make this "celebration" worthwhile . Here is YOUR CHANCE to demonstrate your loyalty to those whose musical teat has nourished you these long years.

Here are some acceptable forms that your contributions may take.

~ Pre-recorded aural snippets of suitable quality on any subject related to the pop phenomenon "Cardiacs".
~ Relevant anecdotes of an amusing or entertaining nature which will performed LIVE during the "celebration" itself by a skilled orator.
~ Contributors who consider themselves "au fait" with the latest modern techonological advancements in communication may wish to make use of the popular "skype" facility to transmit their contributions to the "programme" LIVE as it is broadcast, LIVE.

Contributors are forewarned that no monetary recompense shall be provided for their efforts. Contributors should instead be satisfied in the knowledge that they are working toward the improvement of their fellow man or woman and the betterment of humankind as a whole.

Those wishing to become contributors should avail themselves of the Private Messaging System provided courtesy of this very site and make their tiny voices heard.

So SING OUT, SING OUT, with vigour and aplomb.

Dancing will NOT be tolerated.

With Respect.