Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:17:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Robert Newman

Started by Barry Admin, March 07, 2018, 09:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Any thoughts on him as a writer? Picked up his second novel "Manners" for £1.50 this week, and wondered if it's worth my time.

bgmnts

He seems a very intelligent man so i cant see how his novels would be awful.

Let me know how you get on.

Small Man Big Horse

I read his first novel and found it a bit annoying, but that was over twenty years ago and he's a smarter man than I am, so I'm probably in the wrong.

Icehaven

I absolutely loved Manners but I read it about 20 years ago. IMO it's much better than Independence Day and whatever other novels of his I've read (can't remember now), but none of them were terrible, just Manners was way better.

Barry Admin

Ooooh okay, that's me sold, thanks icehaven. I'll get stuck in, sounds great. My Mum got me "A Street Cat Named Bob" for Xmas, have to get round to that too.

Dr Rock

Back in the early 90s he was in love with my wife. Nice man, adopted and his work is often infused with his mixed feelings about being adopted. I've never read any of his books but I think he is capable of greatness.