Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:48:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

(Melissa) Auf Der Maur

Started by Macerate and Petrify, February 20, 2004, 12:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macerate and Petrify

http://www.aufdermaur.com/

Does anyone have this album yet? I got it as soon as I could after seeing them supporting A Perfect Circle in Nottingham. Its a fantastic album, highlights are "Taste You" and "Followed The Waves" (which i think is released as a single).

Melissa Auf Der Maur played bass for hole, and then went on to join the Pumpkins for the last album and farewell tour. There are samples on the website, I must insist that you all go check them out, and then go and get the album.

bill hicks

Just got round to picking this up after having it on my list for a while now (yes I have a small list of records to buy, I am pathetic).

It's really very good isn't it...I must say I wasn't expecting much (as foxy as she is it is hard to get excited about the bass player from Hole's psuedo-solo project), but I am really enjoying this.

Sort of a mix between A Perfect Circle style '80s goth stuff and Queens of the Stone Age desert rock expanse. Some of the riffs scream Kyuss (very, very, very good thing), but then Homme is involved I think so it's expected.

And I wasn't expecting her to be able to sing either, but she has a really good voice. She reminds me of someone actually but I can't place it. Someone '80s, possibly 4AD related?

Anyway, check this out it's great.