Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:29:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Smart man DESTROY Cathy Newman on her own show

Started by ajsmith2, March 10, 2018, 11:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Quote from: Bhazor on May 29, 2018, 03:18:08 PM
Those men sure don't like women, 'ey.

I am starting to get that impression.

marquis_de_sad

Funny how the more euphoric posters here match Peterson's hyperbole and hectoring style. All we need is for someone to claim that Jesus never existed then we'd have the Naive Atheist full house.

I love that these rational types always go on about appeals to authority yet go on about his expertise in the field in the comments/description.

Not that I can be arsed to watch the video to see what he's on about anyway.

Petey Pate

Not a fan of Jim Jeffries but the way he makes Peterson squirm in this clip is quite funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO9j1SLxEd0&feature=youtu.be&t=4m32s

Also might be the only time I've seen Peterson admit fault.

ieXush2i

I'm pretty sure Chris Rock and Seinfeld haven't played colleges for a decade if not decades but other than that - great clip.

I'm posting this again because it's so good and relevant here- Vic Berger's treatment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6T47opnLyFw

New Jack

Quote from: bgmnts on May 29, 2018, 03:23:46 PM
I am starting to get that impression.

It's strange how the men who swear off women generally aren't exactly lady magnets before the transition. It's like me swearing off voting Tory or smoking fags. It might sound big, but it requires no real change.

Swearing off several billion human beings, I ask you. Fucking InCels. MGTOW. How the fuck do you do it? What if my boss is female? What if the bus driver is? Would I have to avoid my sisters? My nieces? My best friends? Misogyny to the point of lifestyle change seems impractical, to say nothing else of it.

Upside, they're eliminating themselves from the gene pool, which is currently rancid. I wish whatever ails them gets better - though two use a site I use, and last time I said that, I got threatened with a stabbing. I told him to join the fucking queue! I've heard it too many times, and the first one has t come up with the goods yet! They're all angry, and in my experience, they turn into keyboard warriors.

What good is a 'philosophy' that is anger?

I'll get the scaffolding ready. It'll be compassionate throwing off. I'll do it with love.

ASFTSN

Quote from: dallasman on June 22, 2018, 01:41:13 PM
Take cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Dl2tsoylE

Kudos to whichever of you wrote this in the comments:

QuoteScrotal grenade sends very powerful message

thenoise

Quote from: New Jack on June 22, 2018, 01:35:55 PM
It's strange how the men who swear off women generally aren't exactly lady magnets before the transition. It's like me swearing off voting Tory or smoking fags. It might sound big, but it requires no real change.

Swearing off several billion human beings, I ask you. Fucking InCels. MGTOW. How the fuck do you do it? What if my boss is female? What if the bus driver is? Would I have to avoid my sisters? My nieces? My best friends? Misogyny to the point of lifestyle change seems impractical, to say nothing else of it.

Aren't they just being voluntarily single?  i.e. not putting time and effort into seeking relationships but instead putting that time and effort into their own lives and interests.  Which doesn't sound particularly radical, when put like that.

That being MGTOW, not InCel which means 'involuntarily celibate', which is kind of the opposite.  I've occasionally seen the term 'VolCel'.

greenman

Quote from: thenoise on June 22, 2018, 08:55:52 PM
Aren't they just being voluntarily single?  i.e. not putting time and effort into seeking relationships but instead putting that time and effort into their own lives and interests.  Which doesn't sound particularly radical, when put like that.

That being MGTOW, not InCel which means 'involuntarily celibate', which is kind of the opposite.  I've occasionally seen the term 'VolCel'.

I'm imagine you get the odd individual who has actually gone though a bad relationship but the vast majority just seem like another face of the pickup artist culture. People who claim to have been former "nice guys" who were clearly in reality selfish assholes putting on an obviously not very convincing act. Instead of turning into macho dickheads though they turn into raging misogynists trawling the net for any story of female transgression to share on a forum of similar individuals.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Petey Pate on June 22, 2018, 12:58:44 PM
Not a fan of Jim Jeffries but the way he makes Peterson squirm in this clip is quite funny.

Also might be the only time I've seen Peterson admit fault.

Jeffries is making a false equivalence here. It's one thing to force individuals in a private capacity to do something like baking a cake against their will. It's very different if those same individuals offer goods or services in the marketplace and try to refuse certain customers because of their ethnicity. It's big of Peterson to admit that he might be wrong, but I think in this instance he isn't.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: thenoise on June 22, 2018, 08:55:52 PM

It would be an entirely valid choice to not pursue relationships/sex whatever if you don't consider it particularly important in the course of improving your life. But this lot turn it into an entire identity and partner it with a philosophy of women being to blame for their lack of success, which are both utterly faultless indentifiers of absolute atom shattering fuck head people.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Petey Pate on June 22, 2018, 12:58:44 PM

I live in genuine fear of being outsmarted by a crude Australian and I'm not even remotely academic.

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on June 29, 2018, 08:17:07 PM
Jeffries is making a false equivalence here. It's one thing to force individuals in a private capacity to do something like baking a cake against their will. It's very different if those same individuals offer goods or services in the marketplace and try to refuse certain customers because of their ethnicity. It's big of Peterson to admit that he might be wrong, but I think in this instance he isn't.

Both sexual orientation and race count as a protected class under U.S. federal law though, and the issue was that the baker had simply refused to serve them before they had even requested any specifics about the design, which is a pretty clear cut case of discrimination. I don't know what the private/public marketplace distinction has to do with it, the baker was offering a service available to all paying members of the public except gay couples. Seems open and shut to me.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on June 29, 2018, 08:33:14 PM
Both sexual orientation and race count as a protected class under U.S. federal law though, and the issue was that the baker had simply refused to serve them before they had even requested any specifics about the design, which is a pretty clear cut case of discrimination. I don't know what the private/public marketplace distinction has to do with it, the baker was offering a service available to all paying members of the public except gay couples. Seems open and shut to me.

Oh I seem to have missed something here, I thought Jeffries was positing a hypothetical cake-making situation. I guess I got the wrong end of the stick.

Zetetic

I believe he was actually referencing a recent piece of Canadian legislation that will force Jordan Peterson to make as flamboyant a cake as any homosexual requires of him, for no recompense, on pain of death.

Danger Man

Quote from: Zetetic on June 30, 2018, 12:24:51 AM
I believe he was actually referencing a recent piece of Canadian legislation that will force Jordan Peterson to make as flamboyant a cake as any homosexual requires of him, for no recompense, on pain of death.

Getting warmer. The 'daddy issues' crowd on here hate Jordad and secretly love him at the same time. When the two of them get over their incestuous rape fantasies then this forum will be a calmer place.

Jordad's latest video is at the Oxford Union. He looks really pleased with himself to be there.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Zetetic on June 30, 2018, 12:24:51 AM

Isn't that an Eddie Izzard routine?

Zetetic

I think you're confused. The Eddie Izzard routine is about bees, although I suppose it's probable that bees do represent gay cakes in our collective race memory.

jobotic

Quote from: Danger Man on June 30, 2018, 12:36:17 AM
Getting warmer. The 'daddy issues' crowd on here hate Jordad and secretly love him at the same time. When the two of them get over their incestuous rape fantasies then this forum will be a calmer place.

Jordad's latest video is at the Oxford Union. He looks really pleased with himself to be there.

You're quite odd.

marquis_de_sad

I think it's more that bees and cakes represent the archetypical bee-cake-bird, which terrorised ancient man and thus we evolved to fear it (and by extension women).

The 'daddy issues' crowd on here hate Jordad and secretly love him at the same time. When the two of them get over their incestuous rape fantasies then this forum will be a calmer place.

this is quality stuff, keep it up

Danger Man

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on June 30, 2018, 12:55:31 AM
this is quality stuff, keep it up

Exactly

If you want anybody to ever remember YOUR posts you'll have to stop flouncing and start typing something interesting.

marquis_de_sad

Is it bourgeois to love your dad or hate him? I can't keep up.

Quote from: Danger Man on June 30, 2018, 01:01:44 AM
Exactly

If you want anybody to ever remember YOUR posts you'll have to stop flouncing and start typing something interesting.

admit it, you fear my posts

Danger Man

I'll check with Funcrusher then I'll get back to you.

trembling in fear at my consistently excellent posts

manticore

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on June 30, 2018, 01:02:34 AM
Is it bourgeois to love your dad or hate him? I can't keep up.

If you're a man it's bourgeois to repress your ambivalence towards your father and in the process come to over-idealise him, something which is then transferred to surrogate father-figures like Mr Peterson. It doesn't mean you're literally a bourgeois though, you can be proletarian but with a bourgeois mentality.

A woman with 'daddy issues' treats her male lovers as substitute fathers because her father was physically or emotionally absent in her childhood.

But you knew that already, sorry. Danger Man seems a little confused on this matter, because what he's describing isn't 'daddy issues' at all. He seems hopelessly mixed up. I think he's vaguely suggesting that the CaB men aren't real men at all, they're like gurls or something uggh.

I'm just trying to sound clever and failing. Haven't got a clue what I'm talking about but neither has Danger Man, and that's the way he likes it, which is why I love hate him so much, he reminds me of my dad.

ieXush2i

Never had kids, did you?