Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:21:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Derek Rewatch

Started by madhair60, March 14, 2018, 09:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Right. Let's fucking do this. Let's rewatch Derek series 1, 2 and The Special. We're all ready for another go-round.

Lemming

Registering my interest if this takes off. The original watch-along is one of the finest moments of this forum.

Cuellar

I've almost rewatched this a few times, but I just don't know if I've got the energy to sit through hours of this insane vanity project.

Bhazor

I've still not seen series 2 actually. I've only heard the legends of robot grief dog.

Blue Jam

I have never watched Derek. Clearly I haven't lived. Count me in.

Tony Yeboah

Quote from: madhair60 on March 14, 2018, 09:49:06 AM
Right. Let's fucking do this. Let's rewatch Derek series 1, 2 and The Special. We're all ready for another go-round.

You're not allowed to call him that.

JoeyBananaduck

I've never seen it (I'm not entirely clueless though - probably saw the odd trailer or clip here and there), but its reputation on here combined with the fact that my wife regards it as the worst comedy she has ever seen is more than enough cause for me to put my name down.

Blue Jam

I see Derek has won two Emmys and a Golden Globe. It must be good then.

Mango Chimes

Quote from: Bhazor on March 14, 2018, 10:24:20 AM
I've still not seen series 2 actually. I've only heard the legends of robot grief dog.

Likewise. The pilot is actually alright. Series One, or however much I watched of it, just bad in a faintly baffling way (staring at a crab whilst Coldplay plays or whatever). I enjoyed the Series Two thread, but I'm not sure watching it could live up to the hype.

paruses

OK - only saw a bit of Derek so will be good to be validated.

Where is it available?

madhair60

Quote from: paruses on March 14, 2018, 11:58:48 AM
OK - only saw a bit of Derek so will be good to be validated.

Where is it available?

I'll sort you all out. Don't you worry.

Blue Jam

It's on Netflix. A free trial is available.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 14, 2018, 10:28:02 AM
I have never watched Derek. Clearly I haven't lived. Count me in.

I never watched it but feel I have and it was great thanks to the original thread

Shit Good Nose

The best thing about the entire run of Derek was the initial intro of Karl as the caretaker, wearing his little trainers, and to the tune of...whatever it was.  Beastie Boys was it?

Sorry guys - I can't do it again. 

Gregory Torso

Definitely up for this. I've never seen it either. Vaguely aware of what it is though. I cannot be Netflixed but I have ways of seeing it.

Blue Jam

Where is the original thread? I can find every Derek thread but the original. Has it disappeared?

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 14, 2018, 11:22:29 AM
I see Derek has won two Emmys and a Golden Globe. It must be good then.

Nominated, didn't win.  And only Gervais, the show itself didn't get nominated for shite.

bgmnts

I think youre all a tidy bunch but i'd rather suck off Ron Jeremy than watch Derek again.

Dead Soon

I can't sully the golden memories of watching the ship crumble the first time around. It tanked Gervais as a pair of capable hands once and for fucking all and ever. Watching him fall to pieces without the heavy hand of Merchant, exposing himself as a clueless cunt who re-appropriated a character that was heavily mocking mental disabilities to try and save his gurning face, was glorious.

Cuellar

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 14, 2018, 12:32:28 PM
Where is the original thread? I can find every Derek thread but the original. Has it disappeared?

I found it the other day....

yes, here it is: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,34436.0.html

edit: fucking hell flicking through the Series 2 thread is making we want to watch it again.

Blue Jam

Cheers for that- it looks like I've missed out on a whole world of fun here.

Cuellar

God I'm so glad all of mbedd's stuff is still up:

http://www.mbedd.com/derek/

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cuellar on March 14, 2018, 03:47:21 PM
God I'm so glad all of mbedd's stuff is still up:

http://www.mbedd.com/derek/

How did I miss this the first time around?!  Absolutely brilliant.

Dr Rock

Only watched half the first episode. I'm in.

Captain Z

I might be up for this, I only ever watched the pilot and just came away bored. But the legendary status it achieved here makes me interested.

Is it not on 4OD?

Spoon of Ploff

not watched a single one of these so tempted to throw my hat into the ring

Pepotamo1985

Go on, I've never seen a minute of this.

BritishHobo

Rereading those threads is bringing out the frustration I always felt when wanking on in one of my long posts. I always wanted to try and just straighten out in my head quote what on earth Gervais was doing, but the whole thing was such a bizarre tangle of confusing nonsense, constant ly contradicting itself, compounded by his endless desire to explain and pre-empt everything.

Twit 2

Only watched glimmers of it as I don't want to chew my fists off. Up for a proper hate watch as I do genuinely hate Gervais.

When do we start?