Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:16:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Derek Rewatch

Started by madhair60, March 14, 2018, 09:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

About a year ago I had a few tinnies on my own and hate-watched the first series in its entirety. Genuinely shocked by how sanctimonious, self-unaware and repellant it was, and couldn't fathom how the second series could be any worse, though I'm told it is. Still haven't gone back and watched it, just couldn't bring myself to put myself through it. Nnngh I might have to now though.

Noodle Lizard

The second series is where it REALLY goes mental.  Imagine the first one, but with even fewer ideas and an even more tenuous grip on humanity, logic and consistency.  It's a right specimen, and no mistake.

Watch it along with the old thread on here for added effect.

Bazooka

The Derek drinking game, drink every time the sad piano music kicks in.

Moribunderast

Quote from: Bazooka on March 15, 2018, 11:25:16 AM
The Derek drinking game, drink every time the sad piano music kicks in.

RIP CaB.

madhair60

When would be a good Derek Night? Shall we say Tuesdays?

JoeyBananaduck

The Derekiest night of the week. Should be able to make it.

the

Quote from: madhair60 on March 15, 2018, 11:46:39 AMWhen would be a good Derek Night? Shall we say Tuesdays?

FYI I think Delete does his streaming (spam) night on Tuesdays.

How are you doing the communal rewatch - are you streaming it, or will everyone just watch it by their own means?

Gregory Torso

I'm fine for any night, but I'm in a different time zone so whichever "night" you pick, I'll look like a cunt be happy to fit in!

madhair60

Righto - not clashing with Delete. Thursdays, then. We'll begin Thursday 22nd March with "Pilot".

I don't know how to stream stuff but it can't be that hard.

the

Quote from: madhair60 on March 15, 2018, 12:57:12 PMI don't know how to stream stuff but it can't be that hard.

It's up to you if you want to sort a method out yourself, but I'm sure Delete Delete Delete would happily let you use his streaming room on FC2 if you asked him.

A slight consideration about this is that it has a chatroom attached - will you want people commenting on it as it plays, or would you prefer everyone to STFU and get a chatroom/thread going afterwards?

JoeyBananaduck

Maybe D3 would be kind enough to incorporate the Derke watchalong into his Tuesday night thing, thus drawing more viewers for both and we can discuss it on the live chat rather than a thread? Just an idea.

the

madhair60 hasn't yet decided where it'll be streamed. There may indeed be a more convenient/palatable venue for streaming it - I'm just letting him know that Delete has his facility.

Replies From View

I'm up for joining in with this too.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on March 15, 2018, 02:00:57 PM
Maybe D3 would be kind enough to incorporate the Derke watchalong into his Tuesday night thing, thus drawing more viewers for both and we can discuss it on the live chat rather than a thread? Just an idea.

Delete TV is a thing of pure beauty. Don't know how I feel about having Derek episodes sully this experience.

madhair60

I don't know how to stream, so it's best we acquire the episodes or Netflix them. If anyone has any trouble with that, PM me and I'll show you where you can buy the DVD legally.

Replies From View

We should avoid any method that contributes to any official viewing figures, unless it can measure when a show is being watched ironically.

madhair60

Glebe

I'm still not sure if Gervais was taking the piss there or not.

Bronzy

How Gervais never won an Emmy for this I'll never know.

Bronzy

Interesting that the only awards this fantastic show was nominated for were American.

I like to think that they think all disabled folk in the UK are like Derek.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Bronzy on March 15, 2018, 08:05:09 PM
Interesting that the only awards this fantastic show was nominated for were American.

I like to think that they think all disabled folk in the UK are like Derek.

I honestly think it's because they wanted him there to present an award (which he did, at each of them).  Nobody has seen Derek unless I've forced them to.

Noodle Lizard

If you use OBS, you can stream any video file over YouTube.  Not suggesting you do that, cos it's illegal like, but that'd solve all your problems.

If I wasn't in the wrong time zone, that's what I might have potentially done.

Bronzy

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on March 15, 2018, 08:14:46 PM
I honestly think it's because they wanted him there to present an award (which he did, at each of them).  Nobody has seen Derek unless I've forced them to.

Should have had a special where Derek and pals are invited and turn up at the Emmys

Derek: I likes awards, awards makes you feels nice

[Kevin is seen masturbating while staring at Mariska Hargitay]

Hannah: Oi Kev stop doing that

Kevin: Fuck off cow I've always wanted to wank in front of the Law and Order woman

Gregory Torso

Quote from: madhair60 on March 15, 2018, 06:03:36 PM
I don't know how to stream, so it's best we acquire the episodes or Netflix them. If anyone has any trouble with that, PM me and I'll show you where you can buy the DVD legally.

I'm in.

darby o chill

Just ask Delete to stream it whenever, and disable the chat till it's over.

Dead Soon

My girlfriend of the time was somebody who watched it on her own terms, without being pointed to it as an example of fucking ridiculousness. She lapped it up, astonishingly, for what it so, so thinly made itself out to be. A work that ''really made you think''. I managed to actually keep my tongue semi-bitten! Herculean effort, have no doubt.

We must never forget, ever, in amongst everything that the show shat into our eyes, the scene where Derek has a wheezy old man in a headlock during a wrestling move. This is just... there, commented on by no-one. The most kindest man of the whole world.

The Lion King

I upset a kind lady at a party by having a bit of a rant about Derek, she was upset because her grandmother was in a home so it was very real and touching for her. She thought I hated kindness or something. Really it was just that the idea of kindness represented in Derek was so daft. But her grandmother was in a home and I'm just a cunt.

Dead Soon

Presumably a home which also enjoyed daily misogynistic, drunken ramblings by a genuine sex pest? A 53 year old simpleton who wasn't disabled at all but just chose to behave like no human does? Too close to the bone.

Bhazor

I couldn't bare the anticipation and had to rewatch the first episode. Sure enough it's as bad as I remembered. Doesn't even wait for the title card before playing the rote "beautiful and sad" piano music over montage of old dears.