Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:59:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Scariest horror monsters.

Started by Kryton, March 18, 2018, 07:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: Steven on March 26, 2018, 02:43:09 PM
Me and my friends would pause the tape in Ghostbusters and forward it to watch the transformation of the Librarian, as it scared the shit out of us at the time, 28 years old etc:

Good shout.  I used to pee my pantaloons at that scene.  Used to.  It's not like I do that anymore.  No, Sir.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 26, 2018, 05:17:56 PM

Gaahhhh!

Quote from: Kelvin on March 26, 2018, 05:58:00 PM
I genuinely find Warwick Davis' Leprechaun quite unsettling, probably because I watched one of the films (2, I think), back when I was relatively young, and it really disturbed me. Since then, I've watched several of the films, and they're all pretty awful, in retrospect, but I still find Davis' sadistic, buoyant characterisation makes me uneasy.

Yeah but dwarves are fucking terrifying; make-up or no.  Wouldn't like to eat some alpen and have one of the little bastards emerge from the milk, like a tiny little cereal based version of Apocalypse Now.  Stay away from my oats 'n' raisins, you diminutive cunts!

Cuellar

Brundle-Fly

All of the ghouls from Ghost Story (1981)

I was going to post pics but I think this will spoil the scares if you haven't seen it. Highly recommended.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 26, 2018, 01:45:43 PM
the first thing that freaked me out visually was actually a cat. It might have been Snow Beast mentioned above, but it was definitely a Bigfoot or Yeti film. The cat, but not the viewer, saw the beast and the image of it frozen dead on the spot sent me into floods of tears and nightmares for months afterwards.

I think I saw that. BBC2 late 70s. Looking online, I'm guess it was The Legend of Boggy Creek.

Ooh, according to Wiki...

QuoteIn one scene, a kitten is shown as having been "scared to death" by the creature.