Author Topic: The Last CaB post that made you GUFFAW out loud: The Thread  (Read 153984 times)

Ambient Sheep

• A boy who was tangled in his life forever
Re: The Last CaB post that made you GUFFAW out loud: The Thread
« Reply #1350 on: April 09, 2019, 04:53:59 PM »
I thought it was biomass for fuel

What the fuck is that? New live-action Thunderbirds with disappointing new vehicles?

Even more aerodynamically-implausible at launch than Thunderbird 2.

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #1351 on: April 09, 2019, 05:26:07 PM »
^guffaw'd

« Reply #1352 on: April 09, 2019, 06:06:19 PM »
I'd write a bawdy poem about this if I could only think of an appropriate rhyme for Wyman.

ZoyzaSorris

• if you can smell me it's too late
« Reply #1353 on: April 09, 2019, 08:59:40 PM »
bulbous trespasser
There's a hominid in his gully.
S&S's John Challis stuff in Desi v5 in general is grade A.

ZoyzaSorris

• if you can smell me it's too late
« Reply #1354 on: April 09, 2019, 09:01:21 PM »
In fact I've a feeling catching up on missed deso threads is going to keep me busy for some time. Some of the most promising writers of the doomed generation.
A shitbeard cyclist with a kingfisher tattooed on his shoulder and a gnarled walnut brain bursting with delicious tweets and hashtag burns is burst like a frog under the wheels of an emergency snow plough.

« Reply #1355 on: April 09, 2019, 09:50:36 PM »

"A remake of The Warriors, only set in the 1980s, and with a gang that model themselves on Phil Oakey and Giorgio Moroder..."

FerriswheelBueller

• Golden Todger or
  • Silver Member
  • Less tired. Still sorry if my posts are shit.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #1356 on: April 10, 2019, 01:55:58 AM »
From the “Mentally ill - but you start a family anyway?” thread.

But only because I immediately heard the thread title with his voice/delivery.

Chollis

• Master of Codes
« Reply #1357 on: April 10, 2019, 02:00:52 PM »

Wasn't there a slight Hollywood fad for trans serial killers back in the 80s/90s? Silence of the Lamb being the big one, but stuff like Die Hard's conceptually messy Color of Night (1994)

Suppose it goes back earlier than that, what with things like Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, which also gets you extra hippy bonus points.

All of this got lots of TV time back in the 90s. Wonder how old the people making the trans/hippy killer link are, I'm guessing late-30s to early-50s.

St_Eddie

• *The Patron Saint of Scallywags*
  • Silver Member
    • St_Eddie's YouTube Channel
« Reply #1358 on: April 10, 2019, 03:21:44 PM »
˄

I haven't read that thread but just in case it hasn't already been posted; Mrs. Doubtfire Recut as a Horror Movie.

St_Eddie

• Silver Member
« Reply #1359 on: April 11, 2019, 05:19:47 PM »
There are two clips of Madeley on This Morning I would pay good money to see again.

1) Richard wearing an 'Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat' and dancing on his own in front of a load of kids singing Any Dream Will Do. It goes on much longer than he thought and you can see he starts to get really self-conscious by the end.

2) A phone in about embarrassing ailments to Dr Chris. A man calls in to discuss what appears to be colitis but the phone line breaks down. On air, Richard asks for the phone number of the caller on his earpiece and then demands somebody from production hand him a mobile. We then enjoy Richard loudly relaying the conversation to Dr Chris (rather than just handing him the mobile). He asks what the symptoms are and he explains to the doc, "He says...what's that? It's a bad line, Keith...He says he's got an itchy anus...and?...it smells...there is blood....Chris is asking if there is any discharge....I said discharge. etc"  Judy melts. Again.

the

« Reply #1360 on: April 11, 2019, 06:30:44 PM »
This sequence from the adverts thread:

I hope those two Strongbow pricks, ruining 'Together in Electric Dreams' in a room full of gawping simpletons, bump into an irate Phil Oakey/Georgio Moroder combo in a dark alley and are thoroughly twatted.

"A remake of The Warriors, only set in the 1980s, and with a gang that model themselves on Phil Oakey and Giorgio Moroder..."

"Properly policed. It must not turn into The Crow."

Space ghost

• The manay, joost the manay
« Reply #1361 on: April 11, 2019, 06:32:37 PM »
From the "Things guaranteed to make you abandon a podcast within the first five minutes" thread

It's worse if they spend ten minutes on some sarcastic riff. "Hey, so how have you been?" "Oh you know, killing alligators" "Ha, yeah. Killing alligators. That's your job right" "Yeah... I love it" etc.

So accurate, I feel like I've heard this exact exchange

Twed

• I need you so, Medieval Zone, you don't need me
« Reply #1362 on: April 12, 2019, 05:36:52 AM »
I remember when I first listened to Chocolate Starfish. I was about 7 and that opening track was the most shocking rebellious thing I'd ever heard. He's saying the F word about everything!!!

« Reply #1363 on: April 12, 2019, 06:08:33 AM »
Haha very good.

Cuellar

• Push off my wire
« Reply #1364 on: April 14, 2019, 07:32:30 PM »
It's not quite the same but I hated CJ being in the last season of Lost.

'I didn't get where I am today by being dead the whole time.'

Did a big SNORT

Lordofthefiles

• A dog with two dicks or a dick with two dogs
« Reply #1365 on: April 15, 2019, 02:22:04 AM »
A wizard came, but we fought him off.

He made people do things, so we don’t talk about it.

Twed

« Reply #1366 on: April 15, 2019, 03:37:07 AM »
There was one that looks exactly like some seaweed. I wanted to grab it and chuck it straight in the deep fryer.

« Reply #1367 on: April 15, 2019, 08:09:18 AM »
Didn't click it but the thread but the fact that there was a plaintive locked thread entitled "is there anyone alive now that you think should die" made me laugh.

« Reply #1368 on: April 15, 2019, 12:07:16 PM »
Pijlstaart calling Bran Stark "Aids Ringo" in this wonderful rant. I almost stood up and applauded.

Chollis

• Master of Codes
« Reply #1369 on: April 15, 2019, 12:08:14 PM »
Pijlstaart calling Bran Stark "Aids Ringo" in this wonderful rant. I almost stood up and applauded.

Yes, brilliant

FerriswheelBueller

• Golden Todger or
  • Silver Member
  • Less tired. Still sorry if my posts are shit.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #1370 on: April 15, 2019, 01:30:20 PM »
Didn't click it but the thread but the fact that there was a plaintive locked thread entitled "is there anyone alive now that you think should die" made me laugh.

Yeah I had a good laugh at that and all. Probably shouldn’t have done, mind.

« Reply #1371 on: April 15, 2019, 01:30:55 PM »

Came here to link this. Just gold.

Twed

« Reply #1372 on: April 15, 2019, 05:05:06 PM »
It's actually a bonus level in Snooker 19. It's the one set inside Willie Thorne's shed.

« Reply #1373 on: April 15, 2019, 08:07:32 PM »
I was supposed to be going to a gig with my seriously ill brother but since buying tickets he's gotten even iller to the point that he couldn't even leave the hospital. Basically, he only had a day or two left. As the gig we'd bought tickets for was by his favourite artist ever, he pleaded with me just to take a photo and maybe send him a tiny clip of his favourite song. I told him I felt wary of doing this but he begged me, explaining that as the illness (I forget what it was now) was affecting his sight and hearing, my photo and clip might well just be the final thing he ever saw and heard. I gave in and once the band got going, I unobtrusively took a photo and recorded a small section of his favourite song. Unfortunately, the person behind me took great umbrage at this and grabbed my phone and hurled it in to the crowd. My brother never did get that photo and clip and I later found out he had died that very night from the illness and a broken heart.

king_tubby

• Retweets and likes not an endorsement
« Reply #1374 on: April 15, 2019, 09:40:17 PM »
Yeah, I enjoyed that too.

« Reply #1375 on: April 15, 2019, 11:19:53 PM »

St_Eddie

• Silver Member
« Reply #1376 on: April 16, 2019, 12:30:20 AM »
On Friday I went for a walk in the fields, found an excellent tree in some bushes and just sat against its trunk for ages, until I realised how weird it would look if someone saw me. I’d only got a couple of fields in on the return journey before, similarly, I just sat down for a while. Trouble is, a tractor was in the next field and could see over the hedge, I’m just a bloke sitting down in a field for no reason, but I’m committed now - if I get up it would look weird emerging like that - so I try and stay behind this little weird bush/mini-tree thing, moving around on my hands and knees as the tractor moves so that I’m always concealed, always at the right angle. Thing is, this is madder than just getting up - Christ knows what he thinks of me scrabbling around - so I just get up - fuck it - and walk away.

« Reply #1377 on: April 16, 2019, 07:37:49 AM »
Ronalado:

"Weysel" in the animal trapping thread.

pancreas

• The islets of Langerhans are the very best islets
« Reply #1379 on: April 16, 2019, 04:30:17 PM »
If I ever join Tinder I'll make sure to add "gloved" to my description. You've got to stand out from the crowd, and I think people are looking for partners without raw genitals.